Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the official duckhodges sucks thread

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Re: the official duckhodges sucks thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Do you just have this stuff saved in a file somewhere and cut and paste it?

We know. We know.

You don't like Arians and like Haley. Cool. Neither one works for this team nor will again.
    I don't care about Arians or Haley. I just find it fascinating the narratives people create even with YEARS of evidence.

What was so great about the Arians years and scoring 21 ppg?

The 1985 Steelers with Mark Malone at QB scored more points than any Arians team after his first season.

Haley was better than Arians. Haley's offenses scored more points. Therefore it was correct to replace Arians with Haley. How is that an incorrect statement?

Randy Fichtner had Ben for two seasons and those two seasons both ranked in the top 5 for points scored by a Steelers team. Fichtner was tasked with keeping Ben upright and improving the red zone offense which he did. Steelers fans hated him and wanted him replaced. I knew that the next OC was unlikely to do better and here we are. Most Steelers fans got what they wanted I guess.

To recap: Haley's offenses were better than Arians' and hiring a new OC won't fix the underlying problems on offense (namely inattention to the OL and ignoring a balanced attack)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    This is about the biggest straw man I've ever seen. Tilting at windmills much, Don Quixote?

Arians set the OL back years by bringing in Zeirlein who he later brought to Arizona. Lebeau's defenses are the only reason the Steelers were in Super Bowl contention.

Steelers offenses were 9th, 20th, 12th, 12th, 21st and 22nd best under Arians.

Steelers offenses were 16th, 7th, 4th, 10th and 8th best under Haley.

You want to brag about Arians finishing in the bottom third in scoring 3x with a HOF QB go ahead.

Also, the Rooneys were right not to want Ben taking 50 sacks and 140 hits per year. Arians was getting Ben killed and that's a fact. If Arians hadn't been directly involved in destroying the OL it would be less his fault.

And Tampa ran Brady's offense.
    It was Haley our OC in 2012,not Arians

And yes our offense had some struggle sometimes under Arians but at least they were better under him in the playoffs and in the end of the games.They were also good in the time of possession and points per drive under Arians when Ben was healthy.In 2011,they were in the top 5 in both category before the injury of Ben vs Browns

In the super bowl vs Cards,I am not sure it was the idea of Arians to run the ball so often even if it did not work(26 run for 58 yards overall and Ben had 21 pass attempts only before the final drive)Be too conservative with the lead has often been a problem,the reason why our games have often been close under Tomlin and the super bowl 43 is the best exemple of that!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    I get my own thread, that’s fucking awesome and means I’m cooler than Dwinsgames

By the way Sam Howell will be the first RoY, League MVP, SB MVP and break the single season TD record (despite only starting 10 games). Kenny Pickett sucks cause he has small hands

I still heart you!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don't care about Arians or Haley. I just find it fascinating the narratives people create even with YEARS of evidence.

What was so great about the Arians years and scoring 21 ppg?

The 1985 Steelers with Mark Malone at QB scored more points than any Arians team after his first season.

Haley was better than Arians. Haley's offenses scored more points. Therefore it was correct to replace Arians with Haley. How is that an incorrect statement?

Randy Fichtner had Ben for two seasons and those two seasons both ranked in the top 5 for points scored by a Steelers team. Fichtner was tasked with keeping Ben upright and improving the red zone offense which he did. Steelers fans hated him and wanted him replaced. I knew that the next OC was unlikely to do better and here we are. Most Steelers fans got what they wanted I guess.

To recap: Haley's offenses were better than Arians' and hiring a new OC won't fix the underlying problems on offense (namely inattention to the OL and ignoring a balanced attack)
    How do you find so many false facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How do you find so many false facts?
    The internet.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It was Haley our OC in 2012,not Arians

And yes our offense had some struggle sometimes under Arians but at least they were better under him in the playoffs and in the end of the games.They were also good in the time of possession and points per drive under Arians when Ben was healthy.In 2011,they were in the top 5 in both category before the injury of Ben vs Browns

In the super bowl vs Cards,I am not sure it was the idea of Arians to run the ball so often even if it did not work(26 run for 58 yards overall and Ben had 21 pass attempts only before the final drive)Be too conservative with the lead has often been a problem,the reason why our games have often been close under Tomlin and the super bowl 43 is the best exemple of that!
    Thanks for the correction. You're right that Arians' offenses were better than Haley's in the playoffs. I'd trade Canada for either right now though haha.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The internet.
    Well that explains a lot...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This is about the biggest straw man I've ever seen. Tilting at windmills much, Don Quixote?

Arians set the OL back years by bringing in Zeirlein who he later brought to Arizona. Lebeau's defenses are the only reason the Steelers were in Super Bowl contention.

Steelers offenses were 9th, 20th, 12th, 12th, 21st and 22nd best under Arians.

Steelers offenses were 16th, 7th, 4th, 10th and 8th best under Haley.

You want to brag about Arians finishing in the bottom third in scoring 3x with a HOF QB go ahead.

Also, the Rooneys were right not to want Ben taking 50 sacks and 140 hits per year. Arians was getting Ben killed and that's a fact. If Arians hadn't been directly involved in destroying the OL it would be less his fault.

And Tampa ran Brady's offense.
    This from the biggest bullshitter on this board.

Your "insights" were missed. Really they were...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This from the biggest bullshitter on this board.

Your "insights" were missed. Really they were...
    What insights are there for anyone to offer? Hot takes about which OC and which QB are needed to be successful?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

What insights are there for anyone to offer? Hot takes about which OC and which QB are needed to be successful?
    Fire the medical staff for not inventing some miracle stem cell regeneration technology to not get Watt ready in 4 days?
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell