Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahead of the Game: New England Patriots

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Ahead of the Game: New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Says the 80-year-old Patriot fan who spends inordinate amounts of time on another team’s fan forum.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Always said this, the most overrated coach in NFL history. Without cheating and Brady he's a .500 coach.
    Not a BB fan but playing devils advocate, A great coach without great players is still not going to win in the NFL. You take the GOAT away and of course his record drops drastically. Chuck Noll one of best ever, but look at the talent they had. Andy Reid needed Mahomes to get over hump yet he always has been a good coach.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Looks to be a clash of the two worst offenses in football after Week 1. Should be appointment television!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

All I care about for the next 4/6 weeks is stacking as many ugly wins as possible and getting the offense to be average. My prediction if we are worse than 4-4 going into the bye, KP is the QB. So if we struggle the next 2 weeks IMO we should pull MT and make the switch.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    All I care about for the next 4/6 weeks is stacking as many ugly wins as possible and getting the offense to be average. My prediction if we are worse than 4-4 going into the bye, KP is the QB. So if we struggle the next 2 weeks IMO we should pull MT and make the switch.
    If the steelers are 2-2 after 4 games,they are in deep trouble with the next 4 games on the schedule(BUF,TB,MIA,PHI and only Tampa at home).For the QB,if MT is not better until the bye week,they will need a change at this position,even if they have a decent record

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the steelers are 2-2 after 4 games,they are in deep trouble with the next 4 games on the schedule(BUF,TB,MIA,PHI and only Tampa at home).For the QB,if MT is not better until the bye week,they will need a change at this position,even if they have a decent record
    They will lose all 4 of those games and lose them by a lot…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They will lose all 4 of those games and lose them by a lot…
    unless the offense can become better.Maybe the defense can steal 1 game or 2 but this is hard!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Steelers jumped from #22 to #19 in this week's power rankings.
    The Patriots dropped from #16 to #23.
    I don't really care much about power rankings, just showing this is being considered a fairly even matchup this week.

Patriots are 26th in offense after week 1 with 271 yards, 193 passing and 78 rushing.
    Steelers are 27th in offense after week 1 with 267 yards, 192 passing and 75 rushing.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

We’re ranked 27th in offense despite being given 4 extra possessions lol, that’s sad

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    We’re ranked 27th in offense despite being given 4 extra possessions lol, that’s sad
    19 yards per drive for the steelers in Cincy....terrible!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

19 yards per drive for the steelers in Cincy....terrible!
    Oh I also forgot to add, almost an additional quarter of play also lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The Steelers jumped from #22 to #19 in this week's power rankings.
    The Patriots dropped from #16 to #23.
    I don't really care much about power rankings, just showing this is being considered a fairly even matchup this week.

Patriots are 26th in offense after week 1 with 271 yards, 193 passing and 78 rushing.
    Steelers are 27th in offense after week 1 with 267 yards, 192 passing and 75 rushing.
    They went from 22 to 14 in ESPN's Power Rankings.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That’s your OC.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

First off guys, power rankings are just some sports writer’s opinion.
    Secondly, the offensive ranking is a sad fact.

However, this is a brand new offense with a lot of new pieces. I don’t know if I expect to see a huge jump in efficiency this week vs a BB defense. I do think we should see some measure of improvement overall though. Film study, another week of prep, plus 1 live game behind us.

Just go 1-0 this week and keep building. Who amongst us fans truly thought 2022 SB champs? The building process can be fun too.

That’s kind of crazy!!!

I’m really surprised Najee is able to practice after that hit he took, that was ugly as hell

"Featured"? It really has been a long time but not since 1998. Did Fox Sports really put that out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this one is closer to true. Not looking it up though.

"Featured"? It really has been a long time but not since 1998. Did Fox Sports really put that out there?

- - - Updated - - -

This is true...The first year of Brady was in 2001 and he has started every game against the steelers outside of 2008 but Ben was the starter for the steelers in this game

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...tm2=nwe&yr=all

This is true...The first year of Brady was in 2001 and he has started every game against the steelers outside of 2008 but Ben was the starter for the steelers in this game

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...tm2=nwe&yr=all
    Wasn't the game against the Steelers when Bledsoe was knocked out of it and the Brady era started when he came in in relief? I have thought that was the case for a long time now. Maybe I am mistaken, but I think it was a Steelers vs Patriots game, Bledsoe got injured and left the game, Brady came in and played from that point on. But neither Brady nor Ben was the starter for that game. Obviously Ben wasn't in the NFL yet.

If I have been wrong about that all this time, I don't really care. Just saying.

Actually no. I just went and looked it up. That game was against the Jets, not the Steelers. Shows how good my memory is.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re right. I think 1998 was Bledsoe vs. Kordell…

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Actually no. I just went and looked it up. That game was against the Jets, not the Steelers. Shows how good my memory is.
    Mo Lewis hit Bledsoe. It almost killed him. Fortunately the game was in Foxboro so he was sent to one of the worlds best hospitals, The Mass General, in Boston. Just one of the many benefits of playing for the NFLs leading dynasty.

“After the game, I tried to go home. Thankfully, the doctors didn’t let me do that,” Bledsoe said. “If they let me go home, I would’ve died. I was bleeding out about a liter an hour internally. By the time they got me to the hospital, I was out, and they took a lot of blood out of my body. Thankfully they were able to recycle my blood and put it back in, so they didn’t have to open my chest up, but it was pretty touch-and-go for a while.”
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/1...him-tom-brady/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I’d be more worried about Hoyer than Jones tbh

I’d be more worried about Hoyer than Jones tbh
    You exaggerate way too much on that!

I’ll take those odds any day

Wasn't the game against the Steelers when Bledsoe was knocked out of it and the Brady era started when he came in in relief? I have thought that was the case for a long time now. Maybe I am mistaken, but I think it was a Steelers vs Patriots game, Bledsoe got injured and left the game, Brady came in and played from that point on. But neither Brady nor Ben was the starter for that game. Obviously Ben wasn't in the NFL yet.

If I have been wrong about that all this time, I don't really care. Just saying.

I think it was the reverse…I think Brady was knocked out of the game and Bledsoe came in to relieve him in an AFC Chanpionship game…