Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Canada

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Re: Fire Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    my guess is as much as we would hope its a long intensive search the next man up is likely already on the staff .....

our MO has been to find a defensive minded up and comer that is young ( the last 3 coaching hires for the head job all were just that )

I have a sneaking suspicion that mold gets broken this time around but still harbors some of the same attributes ...

1) defensive minded

2) highly regarded by many and young enough to still be an up and comer (41)

3) fulfills the Rooney Rule obligation all at the same time ...

Brian Flores is that man is my guess and likely why he was brought in here to begin with
    Hmmm.....interesting. I'm surprised I had not thought through this possibility already, but you could be right.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Read almost any of Tomlin’s post game or Tuesday press conferences. Particularly after a loss. He’s never blamed anything other than player execution.

Almost certain that this is also Tomlin’s public stance versus what he’s thinking behind closed doors.

But if we go solely by Tomlin’s published comments (which are potentially lies and nonsense) then he’s blaming lack of “assignment sound football” not Canada.

or ...........

if the assignment isn't sound , you can not play assignment sound football , am I wrong ?

but considering he hasn't fired him I must be wrong (even if I am right )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

or ...........

if the assignment isn't sound , you can not play assignment sound football , am I wrong ?

but considering he hasn't fired him I must be wrong (even if I am right )
    I never said that I agreed with the argument/point of view. Or even that Tomlin believes it. But his public comments have been incredibly consistent and focused on this issue for over a year now. KP in his post-game interview last night echoed the same thing. For better or worse, this is the party line.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yeah, it's been the same thing for me for a few weeks, since this tweet...

Tomlin would get a TV gig in a second…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I never said that I agreed with the argument/point of view. Or even that Tomlin believes it. But his public comments have been incredibly consistent and focused on this issue for over a year now. KP in his post-game interview last night echoed the same thing. For better or worse, this is the party line.

I don't disagree

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Credit where it's due, I saw a lot more play-action this game and it worked
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Credit where it's due, I saw a lot more play-action this game and it worked
    it only works when the run game is working so I will credit the Line playing against backups to the backups and creating lanes to run though

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think Canada has been doing a little better. There are receivers open, and the running game in general has gotten much better. Credit to the OL, but there have been less negative plays and fewer jet sweeps.

Overall, I think the playcalling has gotten better. Also, the middle of the field has been used much more, and I've been noticing more crossing routes so receivers can catch the ball in motion with a better chance to run after the catch.

Pickett has improved noticeably, so we know that is a factor. I think that they are figuring some things out slowly.

I have been very hard on Canada. The offense has gotten better, but there is no way to know if Canada is making slow subtle adjustments or if Tomlin has forced some change. Either way, I hope it continues.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think Canada has been doing a little better. There are receivers open, and the running game in general has gotten much better. Credit to the OL, but there have been less negative plays and fewer jet sweeps.

Overall, I think the playcalling has gotten better. Also, the middle of the field has been used much more, and I've been noticing more crossing routes so receivers can catch the ball in motion with a better chance to run after the catch.

Pickett has improved noticeably, so we know that is a factor. I think that they are figuring some things out slowly.

I have been very hard on Canada. The offense has gotten better, but there is no way to know if Canada is making slow subtle adjustments or if Tomlin has forced some change. Either way, I hope it continues.
    The next step will be more yards after the catch...The steelers are by far the worst team in the league in this stats

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

The next step will be more yards after the catch...The steelers are by far the worst team in the league in this stats
    diontae johnson's YAC is probably in the negative which skews that stat
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

my guess is as much as we would hope its a long intensive search the next man up is likely already on the staff .....

our MO has been to find a defensive minded up and comer that is young ( the last 3 coaching hires for the head job all were just that )

I have a sneaking suspicion that mold gets broken this time around but still harbors some of the same attributes ...

1) defensive minded

2) highly regarded by many and young enough to still be an up and comer (41)

3) fulfills the Rooney Rule obligation all at the same time ...

Brian Flores is that man is my guess and likely why he was brought in here to begin with
    Very good insight there, I guess I wouldn’t mind Flores, don’t know much about him other than he had issues in Miami, but as long as he can get a new OC that can call a coherent game, I am all for it.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I disagree, several 2nd and short oppty’s against the Colts and we ran right into the middle of the defense every time. That is where a competent OC would take a shot down field or hit a middle crossing route off the play action for a big gain. Play calls in the third are what killed each drive. Play calls in the red zone are what resulted in 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs. The fade to DJ instead of Pickens coat another TD.

The OC for Indy called a better game and it was literally his third game ever at OC.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I disagree, several 2nd and short oppty’s against the Colts and we ran right into the middle of the defense every time. That is where a competent OC would take a shot down field or hit a middle crossing route off the play action for a big gain. Play calls in the third are what killed each drive. Play calls in the red zone are what resulted in 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs. The fade to DJ instead of Pickens coat another TD.

The OC for Indy called a better game and it was literally his third game ever at OC.

You can't take a shot down field all the time. Overall, they ran the ball very well against a good defense. Part of that may still be that the QB can't audible to get into a good play.

The fade to DJ was open and a perfect throw that should have been a touchdown. That was on DJ, not Canada.

I can't believe I am semi-defending Canada!

I hear you. I really do. Canada still leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm not going to ignore positive things when I see them on the field. We aren't doing anybody any good or are identifying real problems if we are going to make the blanket statement that Canada is the reason for every single thing that goes wrong. All I am trying to do is give an honest assessment of what I see. That's all I'm saying.

When I see things that I believe are total shit by Canada going forward, I'm going to bang him on it.

The Indy OC didn't really call a better game. They literally did nothing in the first half. What they did accomplish in the second half they did with some adjustments and worked everything off of a great running back. They have the experienced QB that is supposed to be able to read every defense and get them into good plays.

The Steelers in the second half weren't really stopped by playcalling. Their first two 3-and-outs were dropped passes by Pickens. That was basically the entire third quarter. Canada was actually pretty good in this game compared to earlier in the season.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So my terrible uninformed thought for the day. Is limiting INTS being prioritized over YAC.

From what I saw last night, routes have the receiver between the ball and the defender either along the sideline or by turning their numbers back to the QB.

I’m not saying this is a good idea but there it is.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Read almost any of Tomlin’s post game or Tuesday press conferences. Particularly after a loss. He’s never blamed anything other than player execution.

Almost certain that this is also Tomlin’s public stance versus what he’s thinking behind closed doors.

But if we go solely by Tomlin’s published comments (which are potentially lies and nonsense) then he’s blaming lack of “assignment sound football” not Canada.
    I always took those comments as: we’re not making excuses, we’re not blaming the refs, we’re not blaming bad luck. Nope. WE (the Steelers) didn’t perform… which is why we lost.

Tomlin stated just this past summer: “When you are a coach who is talking about how a player ‘can’t learn’, you are seeking comfort, because your teaching is struggling.” That doesn’t sound like a guy who doesn’t take stock in coaching being important.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So my terrible uninformed thought for the day. Is limiting INTS being prioritized over YAC.

From what I saw last night, routes have the receiver between the ball and the defender either along the sideline or by turning their numbers back to the QB.

I’m not saying this is a good idea but there it is.
    No. It’s how the offense is run. Don’t over think it. Just like Ben wasn’t avoiding the middle of the field…

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I always took those comments as: we’re not making excuses, we’re not blaming the refs, we’re not blaming bad luck. Nope. WE (the Steelers) didn’t perform… which is why we lost.

Tomlin stated just this past summer: “When you are a coach who is talking about how a player ‘can’t learn’, you are seeking comfort, because your teaching is struggling.” That doesn’t sound like a guy who doesn’t take stock in coaching being important.
    I agree. I think there’s the public facing comments and the behind closed doors thoughts.

What the similarity or difference between those two are will only come out during the postseason hiring firing cycle.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Everyone knows that Kenny callled the game-winning run (by Snell).

What has just surfaced is that Kenny discussed the play with Mike Tomlin and Mike Sullivan. (dramatic pause) Notice who was left out of that conversation.

JJ for OC!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

JJ for OC!
    To be fair,the steelers are one of the best team in short yard situation on 3rd down this year

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Nobody seems to know Canada's contract but best guess is Steelers usually hand out 3 year deals to coordinator level jobs. Steelers rarely cancel a contract. So I'm guessing we will see crap for another year .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

run,run sacks punt
    run,run,pass,terrible punt.....

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

run,run sacks punt
    These recivers can't get separation, Pickett stands back there and sees nothing

Mitch on fire

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

run,run sacks punt
    Yep, started surfing the net with a lack of interest in the game after that. I see Trubinsky is in there now. I thought Pickett might be injured when I watched his head hit the ground during the live play. Surprised he was cleared to go back in.

Backup Mitch is one of the best QB in the NFL.....

Backup Mitch is one of the best QB in the NFL.....
    say what you will ... KP 2 possessions no points .... Mitch 1 possession 2-3-56 yards and we get 7 points

so TODAY Mitch has been superior , the question is what is wrong with Kenny that enabled Mitch to enter the game ...

Kenny apparently cleared protocal because 1st series he went into tent , came out and played so ... its odd at best

say what you will ... KP 2 possessions no points .... Mitch 1 possession 2-3-56 yards and we get 7 points

so TODAY Mitch has been superior , the question is what is wrong with Kenny that enabled Mitch to enter the game ...

Kenny apparently cleared protocal because 1st series he went into tent , came out and played so ... its odd at best
    Please don't start this....Only 3 drive in this game.....We will see how Mitch will finish this game....

Please don't start this....Only 3 drive in this game.....We will see how Mitch will finish this game....
    you started it with your smart ass comment but carry on

stupid interception.....