Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Canada

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Fire Canada

Just a thought .........

likely to crazy and to Mad scientist for Canada to come up with but does anyone think it is possible ??

Bill-I-Cheat is a game film junkie and defensive minded "mastermind" according to many .....

could week 1 have been designed this way in order to set up Bill-I-Cheat to ignore the middle of the field in his preparation for week 2 ?

Likely not but is it possible Canada is sly enough to try and pull that off ???
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Mojouw brings up a very interesting point. Maybe the Offense is meant to be this way. The short passes are on purpose and the offense is designed to put together long drives and possess the ball. With the Defense built the way it is, it's a fine compliment to it.

But any offense is only as effective as its quarterback. No matter who is coach, or who your playmakers are, or how well-built your Offensive Line is. And let's be real the Steelers Quarterback play has been below the league line for quite a while now and this year looks no different. Trubisky can actually move around. We can fire Canada and call for his head all he wants and question his playcalling and play design, but there were still plays to be made on the field Sunday that weren't.

Suppose we call more in routes for Johnson, fine. It's up to Trubisky to see the play and get the ball to him. The most perfect playcall ever doesn't matter if your Qb has shit mechanics and poor field vision and throwing behind his recievers or too high or way off target. Ben had the advantage of taking over playcalling to overcome his limitations, but I doubt Trubisky will.
    I don't care if your QB is bad or not,the OC(Canada in this case)need to give a chance to the QB to succeed...Just a chance but Canada gives no favors to its QB!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Just a thought .........

likely to crazy and to Mad scientist for Canada to come up with but does anyone think it is possible ??

Bill-I-Cheat is a game film junkie and defensive minded "mastermind" according to many .....

could week 1 have been designed this way in order to set up Bill-I-Cheat to ignore the middle of the field in his preparation for week 2 ?

Unlikely since the game against the bengals are more important that the game against the pats since the bengals are in the AFC north....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just a thought .........

If they are game planning just to beat Belichick in two weeks, that’s a major problem IMO.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they are game planning just to beat Belichick in two weeks, that’s a major problem IMO.
    I don't disagree ..............

either way there is a problem tho
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Does his offense EVER pull a guard or does it always ask them to just go forwards and backwards?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Does his offense EVER pull a guard or does it always ask them to just go forwards and backwards?
    Since he won’t throw in the kiddie of the field because the QBs “can’t”, maybe he doesn’t pull guards because the guards “can’t”.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Exactly…how about trying to get to 2nd and short instead of ALWAYS being in a third and something position…

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Why haven't they used Harris or Watt as dump off receivers - good second down play. All in all the play calling has been very predictable aside from that flea flicker pass. Someone said it and i agree, we haven't had a decent OC since Haley.

Canada btw sounds like Bradshaw a bit - maybe he's from the same area.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Canada didn't answer a word about the middle of the field. "We've got to do better on 3rd down" blah blah blah.

Exactly…how about trying to get to 2nd and short instead of ALWAYS being in a third and something position…
    The steelers offense had 61 plays and they had 15 third down attempts!...This is crazy!

Since the maximun 3rd down attempts that you can have in a game is 33% of the time.....It was almost 25% of the time on sunday that the steelers were on 3rd down!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

After watching that video, I am convinced he doesn’t have a clue how to play call. We don’t have to do better on 3rd down, we have to do better on 1st and 2nd down so we aren’t in 3rd and long every time.

The steelers offense had 61 plays and they had 15 third down attempts!...This is crazy!

Since the maximun 3rd down attempts that you can have in a game is 33% of the time.....It was almost 25% of the time on sunday that the steelers were on 3rd down!
    It’s been like this for a few seasons now…or at least it seems that way…

It’s been like this for a few seasons now…or at least it seems that way…
    I just checked...Last year the Steelers were first, tied with the Texans for 3rd down attempts at 239

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats...s/2021/reg/all

If you look at this list, a lot of bad offense in the top 10, and a lot of good in the bottom 10!

2020,they were alone in the first place!

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats...s/2020/reg/all

Pathetic!...Please wake up, Canada and Tomlin!...I hope that a media will say this stat one day to them!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Gaining 1-2 yards on first AND 2nd down has been a recurring theme for the past few years, idk it would be nice to sometimes get first downs without having to convert it on 3rd every time

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Gaining 1-2 yards on first AND 2nd down has been a recurring theme for the past few years, idk it would be nice to sometimes get first downs without having to convert it on 3rd every time
    The positive is they are gaining yards on first down...opposed to running a wrap around draw for negative yards...so there’s that...

Can't blame the 3rd down,since they were 8-16 in 3rd down,but once again they were way too often on 3rd down.I am sick and tired of that!

Can't blame the 3rd down,since they were 8-16 in 3rd down,but once again they were way too often on 3rd down.I am sick and tired of that!
    I’m not sure they know you can get a first down on first or second down…new rule?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

First throw down the middle of the field was a badly thrown ball and intercepted.

Trubbish can throw Canada under the bus as he wishes.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

MT does not play well enough to start throwing anyone under anything.

It is entirely possible he is totally correct. But you gotta earn the right to toss people under the bus.

For instance, DJ has, imo, earned that right and he's trying his best not to: https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/di...ithin-offense/

Steelers Depot is so worried about people stealing their stuff (whatever)that you can't copy and paste the text but DJ manages to blame himself for getting open.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Wait, I thought coaches were always right? 🤔

If you get rid of Canada you still have Tomlin.

If you get rid of MT you still have Tomlin.

This is 100% Tomlin’s team now and it shows.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Just wait until we get a mobile QB....

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

It is entirely possible he is totally correct. But you gotta earn the right to toss people under the bus.

For instance, DJ has, imo, earned that right and he's trying his best not to: https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/di...ithin-offense/

Steelers Depot is so worried about people stealing their stuff (whatever)that you can't copy and paste the text but DJ manages to blame himself for getting open.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Trubisky is absolutely right. The issue is they can call and scheme all the middle field concepts all they want. Mitch isn't good enough to hit them. There was one play where guys were running down the middle free and Mitch just did not throw it there and checked it down for a loss. He just did not do it. They've tried everything to cover for him. Rollouts. Moving the pocket. One-read to take pressure off so he doesn't need to think. He hasn't even been harassed. The dude is just not good.

Its not Canada's fault Trubisky can't play in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Are you sure that's not a copy/paste from last week? Or last year?

Now after 20 games under Matt Canada,the steelers have scored 10 offensive points or less 14 times(or 70% of the time)after 3 quarter.If the Steelers wouldn't have been that good last year in the fourth quarter in scoring, our offense numbers would be way worse.

If the steelers offense have no improvement against the Browns, it's going to be the time to fire Canada, since I don't want to live another 14 games under his offense... It's the worst Steelers offense I've seen in over 20 years... .Enough is enough!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Now after 20 games under Matt Canada,the steelers have scored 10 offensive points or less 14 times(or 70% of the time)after 3 quarter.If the Steelers wouldn't have been that good last year in the fourth quarter in scoring, our offense numbers would be way worse.

If the steelers offense have no improvement against the Browns, it's going to be the time to fire Canada, since I don't want to live another 14 games under his offense... It's the worst Steelers offense I've seen in over 20 years... .Enough is enough!
    Canada’s jibe is likely safe through the season. There’s not a replacement available unless Frisman Jackson or Mike Sullivan is viewed as a viable OC.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

4th qtr on 3rd and 8, Trubisky has a clean pocket and throws to Najee who gets gang tackled for a 3 yard gain. If you pause the tape at the throw you can see PF open in the middle with his defender 3-5 yards away and facing the wrong way. That's not the play called, that's the decision made by the QB.

I'm still not convinced this is a Matt Canada problem.