Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Bridge" Quarterback

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Re: The "Bridge" Quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I find one common theme to this failed offensive system and that is Matt Canada ....

everyone blamed Ben , now they Blame Mitch , problem is its the same shitty play calls and the same shitty results ....

the other common factor is when Ben went no huddle he succeeded and the team looked like a completely different team . today 1 drive was no huddle and guess what was the only good drive of the day ...

but hey you can ignore the facts all day long but it won't change them ...

is Mitch perfect , no but he was fire when he commanded the offense and it looked like a different offensive unit ( common theme with Ben last year with no huddle / hurry up )

you can switch QB's 100 times but if the play calling doesn't change we likely see very little change in results

this loss falls straight at the feet of Gunner
    I think all the things you stated are valid and good points.....but I do think Mitch is a big problem as well. I think he has been inaccurate by NFL QB standards, does not see the field well, and his mechanics are poor. Even many of his completed passes were off somewhat.

His play screams backup, game manager QB to me....not NFL starter.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Matt Canada is a huge problem,but Mitch was a problem in Chicago and he is also a problem with us.Both need to be replaced

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If the Cowboys win later on I'll feel better that we all sucked equally. Baltimore was winning 35-14 going into the 4th quarter and gave up 28 points! LOL.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I think all the things you stated are valid and good points.....but I do think Mitch is a big problem as well. I think he has been inaccurate by NFL QB standards, does not see the field well, and his mechanics are poor. Even many of his completed passes were off somewhat.

His play screams backup, game manager QB to me....not NFL starter.
    A game manager won’t win without a strong running attack. At this point honestly keeping Mitch as the backup QB is playing not to lose (even though they will lose a lot) instead of playing to win
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    A game manager won’t win without a strong running attack. At this point honestly keeping Mitch as the backup QB is playing not to lose (even though they will lose a lot) instead of playing to win
    Agreed. I feel like Steelers are wasting the talents of DJ, muth, claypool, and Pickens right now by keeping Trubisky as the starter. Canada's scheme seems poor as well, but I think the team needs to switch to Pickett to try and add some juice to this offense.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Do you live in Martha's Vineyard?
    no but I hear they got 2 more plane loads ... hope thats a common theme too but that likely belongs in the soapbox #InvadeThePlaygroundOfTheElites
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Matt Canada is a huge problem,but Mitch was a problem in Chicago and he is also a problem with us.Both need to be replaced
    Agree. The problem won’t be solved by replacing one or the other…both must be replaced to succeed and that won’t happen in one season…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Agree. The problem won’t be solved by replacing one or the other…both must be replaced to succeed and that won’t happen in one season…
    Well they can easily fix one of those problems but Tomlin won’t make changes until they lose 3 games in a row
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Well they can easily fix one of those problems but Tomlin won’t make changes until they lose 3 games in a row
    Replacing MT isn’t going to matter much. It’s still the same shitty plays being called. Both need to be replaced.

Replacing Canada and leaving MT in there and you still have a guy missing throws, fumbling, etc.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you bring in Rudy, defenses will just blitz the mess out of him and since he’s not exactly what you call a mobile QB you probably end up right back with Mitch.

Defenses are sending just enough pressure against Mitch to make him check it down or make a bad throw.

I might try Rudy and use a power run game with 12 and 22 personnel. Play action sprinkled in.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

honestly I would make that trade for Wilson without flinching. We’re a franchise QB away from a SB contender
    oops
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

oops
    No QB is succeeding in the Broncos offense just like no QB is going to succeed in the Steelers offense…