Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

I’ve seen enough of him already

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Kent Graham 2.0.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Reminds me of Mark Sanchez

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

What sucks is that they are probably going to roll him out next week with no changes on offense like there isn't a problem.

Wish I had season tickets I’d be one of the fans doing the Kenny chant lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pickett would’ve be much better…if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    KP is much more accurate, several MT throws missed that I feel KP would have hit.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    KP is much more accurate, several MT throws missed that I feel KP would have hit.
    Several. Not enough to make a difference. The problems with this offense go so much deeper than a below average QB.

Several. Not enough to make a difference. The problems with this offense go so much deeper than a below average QB.
    I disagree, if we make even one first down in the 3rd OR 4th quarter maybe there's no overtime to begin with lol.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I said this in the other thread. Until they watch the film we won't know if MT was missing guys that were open (which is tough in Canada's offensive offense).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sure. Absolutely. But each offensive unit is going to have to work to cover-up the weaknesses of the other. And MT, only exposes the weakness in other elements of the offense. He provides no benefit - at all.

The only reason to not play KP is that Tomlin is fine letting MT play human punching bag for the opposing pass rush and the national press corps.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

JuJu with a very good first quarter right now....maybe his best first quarter since 2018....Just poor coaching on offense for the steelers

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

The problem does go deeper, but Mitch is bad. Look at how many throws he threw off his backfoot? No pocket presence. He feels pressure when it's not there. When he has a clean pocket he rolls out. It's a matter of time before KP takes over. I was on board for giving Trubisky a few weeks to prove himself, but my mind has changed. Let Mitch start next week and if he shits the bed again then waste no time getting KP in the game.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I don't even need to say that Trubisky totally sucks. I just think this is what he is in this offense and I don't see much point to it. What do we gain by not play Pickett? Protecting him from injury? That's ridiculous. What are the odds of a career ending injury happening? Short of that there isn't much risk. Even if he goes down for the season like Burrow did we'll have him next year with hopefully a better O line and coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sure. Absolutely. But each offensive unit is going to have to work to cover-up the weaknesses of the other. And MT, only exposes the weakness in other elements of the offense. He provides no benefit - at all.

The only reason to not play KP is that Tomlin is fine letting MT play human punching bag for the opposing pass rush and the national press corps.
    Trubisky isn’t good. But for theee years now, we’ve seen shitty play calls, same issues, same crap year after year after year. Still no receivers running open, still nothing thrown in the middle range of the field. Like I said in the game daybthread, I’m very curious to see where the routes were run and where pass attempts were over the field for this game. Was it any different than when Ben was here? We’re there guys open that MT missed?

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I said this in the other thread. Until they watch the film we won't know if MT was missing guys that were open (which is tough in Canada's offensive offense).
    Said the same in the game day thread. Very curious to see how different it was from last season…if any.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

4 of 15 on 3rd down.

55% completions on 38 pass attempts.

3 rushes for 9 yards.

I don't know about the play calling, or the pass blocking, or what he saw vs what he missed, but the stats are not good.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Trubisky isn’t good. But for theee years now, we’ve seen shitty play calls, same issues, same crap year after year after year. Still no receivers running open, still nothing thrown in the middle range of the field. Like I said in the game daybthread, I’m very curious to see where the routes were run and where pass attempts were over the field for this game. Was it any different than when Ben was here? We’re there guys open that MT missed?
    Agree. I hope to see some of the Steelers and NFL pundit internet break all that down and help all of us gain a better perspective on what was going on.

I am by no means arguing that with KP at the controls suddenly the offense takes flight and Canada looks like some scheme master. Just that MT has not and is not going to be any better than he was the last time we saw him as a starting QB. There was no magical get a ton better standing on the Bills sideline magic.

Again, the All 22 breakdowns are the only way to really tell....but I felt I saw a Steelers coaching staff that has very little trust in their QB. They called very basic plays with little progression and reads for the QB to make. They protected him by only having routes available that did not allow throws into contested areas. No option routes by the WRs. Looked to be little RPO as well. Basically they made it as "easy" as possible for MT on the mental side. And if you're doing that --- why not play the draft pick?

Agree. I hope to see some of the Steelers and NFL pundit internet break all that down and help all of us gain a better perspective on what was going on.

I am by no means arguing that with KP at the controls suddenly the offense takes flight and Canada looks like some scheme master. Just that MT has not and is not going to be any better than he was the last time we saw him as a starting QB. There was no magical get a ton better standing on the Bills sideline magic.

Again, the All 22 breakdowns are the only way to really tell....but I felt I saw a Steelers coaching staff that has very little trust in their QB. They called very basic plays with little progression and reads for the QB to make. They protected him by only having routes available that did not allow throws into contested areas. No option routes by the WRs. Looked to be little RPO as well. Basically they made it as "easy" as possible for MT on the mental side. And if you're doing that --- why not play the draft pick?
    I get what you are saying about the possible play calls but would Canada hold back his “revolutionary offense” for two seasons because he has two veteran QBs who can’t throw? I can’t imagine a world in which he didn’t have some sort of input on MT being brought in…

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I saw the exact issues I saw last year (until the 4th qrtr when Ben started calling the plays). It is painfully obvious that our issues are Canada related. I couldn’t tell you if MT is any good or not, cause if we can’t scheme the WR’s open (like last year where I recall literally 1 pick play being run (successfully I might add)) we aren’t going to have a productive offense, period. We just saw 3 Claypool runs in one game for little to no game. That shows me the OC has no idea what the hell he is doing. With a mobile QB, like both MT and KP, you can scheme a poor OL with roll outs, designed QB draws and RPOs if you have the slightest idea what you are doing. For instance, the TD to Harris, that is how you design a play to take advantage of a situation, that was one of very few examples today.

I get what you are saying about the possible play calls but would Canada hold back his “revolutionary offense” for two seasons because he has two veteran QBs who can’t throw? I can’t imagine a world in which he didn’t have some sort of input on MT being brought in…
    There’s no version of this where Canada looks good. He’s just as likely to actively harm KPs development as help it.

Whoever was involved in the Trubisky decision was deluding themselves that it would look any different than it did today. It looked precisely how I pictured it since I heard about the signing. And I’m a moron who knows less about football than most.

But, I’m sorry, the Steelers brain trust got scared they’d have to start the 4th QB off the 2022 draft board and signed a guy off the scrap heap. Then they doubled down on it by taking the solidly outdated approach that the veteran QB is by default better because of his “veteran” status.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

yeah that was pretty bad ... oh wait he wasnt the worst qb on the field in that game huh well maybe the Bengals should bench Burrow then too , oh wait who was Picketts pro comp Burrow ??? may as well cut him now then
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

yeah that was pretty bad ... oh wait he wasnt the worst qb on the field in that game huh well maybe the Bengals should bench Burrow then too , oh wait who was Picketts pro comp Burrow ??? may as well cut him now then
    Burrow had 5 turnovers and he was still by far the better QB today and no one is arguing that.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Burrow was in the super bowl last year.The game of MT was similar in his 4 years in Chicago.....

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

What a terrible thread. I get it if you're not a fan, but how old are you? Trubitchsky? Grow up.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    What a terrible thread. I get it if you're not a fan, but how old are you? Trubitchsky? Grow up.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! Does make it hard sometimes to visit this board. Can’t say it’s a lot of fun reading bitch after bitch after just beating the AFC Champions. I get it, the offense wasn’t overly impressive, but new QB, and lots of new offensive pieces, in a hostile environment…..and by the way ….the Bengals have a decent defense too.

You know what I do when I have no interest in a thread? I don't comment on it. I don't even open it. It's really easy. You should try it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

We’d do just as well with Mason Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It didn't look like our QB was taking an excessive amount of punishment today, or even had a lot of busted plays. The line couldn't get a push, but gave up zero sacks except for that one play where he kept rolling right until he went out of bounds.

It isn't about protecting Pickett from injury, it's that Tomlin actually thinks Trubisky is better and there's some benefit to spending our time on this. That's much worse.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Joe Burrow was harassed all game, sacked seven times, had five turnovers and had the Bengals an extra point away from winning the game. Trubisky was barely touched and did nothing of note.

No one, not even the most delusional Steelers fan will say Trubisky is a superior QB to Burrow or Burrow needs to be benched.