Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don’t. It was still a good signing at that time and in the position the team was in. He’s also not a bad back up QB…he’s just that though…
    Regret has the benefit of hindsight. It was a waste of money and time.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Honestly, I really hate playing this game because it’s just one comment and Trubisky otherwise seems like a good guy, but maybe he doesn’t get it? Maybe he’s just unwilling to admit how he’s viewed?
    It really isn't one comment, though - it's been a couple of comments by him at various times this season that have illustrated that Trubisky clearly thinks he's a great deal better than he actually is, and yeah, he clearly doesn't get it.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Trubisky should've been sidelined the moment Kenny Pickett was drafted. He was insurance in case KP didn't fall to the Steelers at 20.

Instead, not only was he not sidelined, he was practically handed the starting job and Captain status. The Steelers did everything possible to give Mitch opportunities and he blew it. We tanked the entire September waiting for him to get it together, and he never did.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It really isn't one comment, though - it's been a couple of comments by him at various times this season that have illustrated that Trubisky clearly thinks he's a great deal better than he actually is, and yeah, he clearly doesn't get it.
    Good to hear. You’re always a solid reality check.

To be fair to Trubisky, he’s not going to impress anyone being the good backup and executing a vanilla game plan. He’s got to try and show he can make plays. His goals and the team’s goals are not totally aligned here.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Good to hear. You’re always a solid reality check.

To be fair to Trubisky, he’s not going to impress anyone being the good backup and executing a vanilla game plan. He’s got to try and show he can make plays. His goals and the team’s goals are not totally aligned here.
    If he did what Kenny did (not go 3 and out, and WIN games), he would have impressed me enough to say let Kenny sit till next year. But that didn't happen.

He did have a 5 TD game in Chicago, but I'm guessing that was the sun shining on a dog's ass moment like Tebow vs us in the playoffs
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    If he did what Kenny did (not go 3 and out, and WIN games), he would have impressed me enough to say let Kenny sit till next year. But that didn't happen.

He did have a 5 TD game in Chicago, but I'm guessing that was the sun shining on a dog's ass moment like Tebow vs us in the playoffs
    Sorry. I meant NFL GMs with potential starting QB openings.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Trubisky should've been sidelined the moment Kenny Pickett was drafted. He was insurance in case KP didn't fall to the Steelers at 20.

Instead, not only was he not sidelined, he was practically handed the starting job and Captain status. The Steelers did everything possible to give Mitch opportunities and he blew it. We tanked the entire September waiting for him to get it together, and he never did.
    100 percent. We wouldn’t be dependent on Flacco right now had that happened

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

When your season is reliant on Joe Flacco, forget it.

That stinky September stinks harder.