Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    MT is a lot like Jared Goff. Or vice versa. Both QBs excel when they are pre-programmed with the answer:

The defense is gonna be in this look in response to our formation. Your first read is here. Second read here. If those don't work, take off.

Anytime MT has to do "more" than that or the picture at the snap doesn't look like what they practiced leading up to the game -- he kinda locks up.

Then, to just top it all off, either something glitches out mechanically or this is just who he is, his accuracy varies wildly from down to down. Sometimes he can just drop absolute dimes and jaws. But others...he just sprays passes all over the place. Examples being the deep ball down the right sideline that when about 12 yards out of bounds, the back shoulder to DJ that he threw to the front shoulder, the crosser near the goalline that he threw about 3 yards behind Claypool who caught it anyways, and the flare out to Najee that he spiked into the ground. None of these were the result of undue pressure or MT having to scramble and reset his feet. He just stood there and dinked it up.

This is now his 5th year as a starter and his 6th year in the league. If he has not mastered the fundamentals of his position, he likely isn't going to anytime soon.

well said!...He is what he is at this point!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

1. Franchise QB's dont grow on trees. Remember the 1980-90's folks.

2. Its week 1 and the Steelers are 1-0, after beating the defending AFC Champions on the road.

3. Things will get worse before they get better. Are you able to cope with that?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

2. Its week 1 and the Steelers are 1-0, after beating the defending AFC Champions on the road.

3. Things will get worse before they get better. Are you able to cope with that?
    All true. Negative posts on a fan MB don't exactly point to lack of coping. Isn't that what MBs are for?

And you are right...losses and turnovers will have to pile up before Tomlin pulls the trigger on a QB swap.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

MT is a lot like Jared Goff. Or vice versa. Both QBs excel when they are pre-programmed with the answer:
    This is the best analogy or comparison yet!

Goff was good when he had McVey in his ear and telling him what defense was coming. Since then, he’s shit. Trubisky is that way and unfortunately, there’s no one competent enough to program him…

It’s like taking an average Dell laptop from 2016 to RadioShack to have them update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Goff was good when he had McVey in his ear and telling him what defense was coming. Since then, he’s shit. Trubisky is that way and unfortunately, there’s no one competent enough to program him…

It’s like taking an average Dell laptop from 2016 to RadioShack to have them update it.

So you're telling me I need a new laptop?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Are you saying that Trubisky will get worse (if so, I agree) or are you saying that if they put Pickett in, things will get worse? I don't know the answer, if the latter, but I know they don't have to be. I think Pickett is a playmaker and Trubisky is a manager. While Pickett may make more mistakes, he'll also create more explosive plays. I'll take that tradeoff instead of what I watched yesterday (and the past 2 years).

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Are you saying that Trubisky will get worse (if so, I agree) or are you saying that if they put Pickett in, things will get worse? I don't know the answer, if the latter, but I know they don't have to be. I think Pickett is a playmaker and Trubisky is a manager. While Pickett may make more mistakes, he'll also create more explosive plays. I'll take that tradeoff instead of what I watched yesterday (and the past 2 years).
    so you'd be good with Jameis Winston stat line of 5100 yards passing 33 TDs and 30 ints ... see 2019 Tampa stat line for verification ( by the way they were 7-9)
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    So you're telling me I need a new laptop?

Lol. You might…

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

They're going to have to lose a bunch of games due to Trubisky's shitty play before Tomlin makes the switch. And we'll have to sit through it in all of its agonizing pointlessness.

Really, come on Mitch - please just break a pinky or something.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The defense is gonna be in this look in response to our formation. Your first read is here. Second read here. If those don't work, take off.

Anytime MT has to do "more" than that or the picture at the snap doesn't look like what they practiced leading up to the game -- he kinda locks up.

Then, to just top it all off, either something glitches out mechanically or this is just who he is, his accuracy varies wildly from down to down. Sometimes he can just drop absolute dimes and jaws. But others...he just sprays passes all over the place. Examples being the deep ball down the right sideline that when about 12 yards out of bounds, the back shoulder to DJ that he threw to the front shoulder, the crosser near the goalline that he threw about 3 yards behind Claypool who caught it anyways, and the flare out to Najee that he spiked into the ground. None of these were the result of undue pressure or MT having to scramble and reset his feet. He just stood there and dinked it up.

This is now his 5th year as a starter and his 6th year in the league. If he has not mastered the fundamentals of his position, he likely isn't going to anytime soon.
    And when the third option doesn't work, Mitch just says "Fuck It he's down there somewhere" and just heaves it down there anyway. Like that one play where he extended the play and have Johnson open only to send the ball sailing over his head anyway. Would've given the Steelers first and goal.

We dodged a bullet yesterday, but unfortunately, losses will need to start stacking before Tomlin makes a change. Try 1-6 or 2-5 at the bye week.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

so you'd be good with Jameis Winston stat line of 5100 yards passing 33 TDs and 30 ints ... see 2019 Tampa stat line for verification ( by the way they were 7-9)
    You are always taking shots at Pickett because he wasn't your guy. Why don't you let him play first?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I am saying that the Steelers will not have a 1.000 winning percentage. Style points dont matter and a win is a win, but there will be losses that pile up and whether its Pickett or Trubisky at QB there will be games that neither a 0 turnover game or a 4TD game will be enough to win.

I personally thought the game was lost when Witherspoon played off coverage on the goal line against Chase and that last TD happened, so I'm rather happy that Trubisky connected with DJ and Friermuth enough to get Boz in range for the winning FG. Just have to move on to next week and see how things are trending at the 4 game mark for me.

For me, one game isnt enough to get all bitchy about things, especially when its a win.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Wait there are still Radioshack's?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

You are always taking shots at Pickett because he wasn't your guy. Why don't you let him play first?

YOU said and I quote
    I think Pickett is a playmaker and Trubisky is a manager. While Pickett may make more mistakes, he'll also create more explosive plays. I'll take that tradeoff instead of what I watched yesterday (and the past 2 years).

so how is that me taking a shot at Pickett , its more like you taking one at him if you ask me ......................

YOU said and I quote

so how is that me taking a shot at Pickett , its more like you taking one at him if you ask me ......................
    You simply never have anything good to say about him. You don't realize it apparently. I said he'll make some rookie mistakes but he'll make more explosive plays to make up for it. I never said he'd set the NFL record for interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Wait there are still Radioshack's?
    I don’t think so…lol

30 INT is too many but if it would been 15-20,it would been a very good season even if he would been among the leader in interception

Just look at the list....Interception are never good but this list is a exemple that it can be fixed... Not the case if your QB is too passive...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The biggest off-season supporters of MT are now fighting about his play. Behold the power of the fully operational Mitchell Trubisky experience!!!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

I got a few friends who are hardcore bears fans, they basically said his performance was a par for the course minus a couple of YOLO int’s

The biggest off-season supporters of MT are now fighting about his play. Behold the power of the fully operational Mitchell Trubisky experience!!!
    Thing is, I'd still take Mitch over last year's Ben. I think that was the optimism in March. After the draft and the preseason, the landscape changed.

Thing is, I'd still take Mitch over last year's Ben. I think that was the optimism in March. After the draft and the preseason, the landscape changed.
    i guess. Just end up at basically the same point through different paths.

The draft was and will always be the only consistently viable option for replacing bad QBs. Anything else is just replacing one form of bad with another version of it.

The draft was and will always be the only consistently viable option for replacing bad QBs. Anything else is just replacing one form of bad with another version of it.
    Like the broncos between Manning and Wilson!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

You could do it in free agency, though that’s the most expensive route. And the Steelers are usually never big spenders in FA. And usually never being a bad team, they’re not an attractive trade partner as far as getting draft capital goes.

The common denominator is Oh Canada.

The Rams and the Broncos fared pretty well in the QB replacement.

You simply never have anything good to say about him. You don't realize it apparently. I said he'll make some rookie mistakes but he'll make more explosive plays to make up for it. I never said he'd set the NFL record for interceptions.
    the word rookie never came out of your mouth ....
    While Pickett may make more mistakes, he'll also create more explosive plays. I'll take that tradeoff instead of what I watched yesterday (and the past 2 years).
    and then you tried to blame me for taking a shot at him and I never said his name , I said and I quote
    how is that me taking a shot at anyone ?????

the word rookie never came out of your mouth ....

and then you tried to blame me for taking a shot at him and I never said his name , I said and I quote how is that me taking a shot at anyone ?????
    I thought everyone knew Pickett was a rookie.

It’s not one big shot at Pickett. It’s just that you never pass up an opportunity to dampen anyone’s hopes that he could be a franchise QB. I mean we all know that you’ll start an I told you so thread if he’s a bust. That’s fine. I’m just pointing out what’s obvious. I know you’ll be happy if he leads the Steelers to a Super Bowl. I’m just giving you a hard time, hoping you’ll lighten up on him.

The common denominator is Oh Canada.

The Rams and the Broncos fared pretty well in the QB replacement.
    All true. My criticism of Trubisky and old Ben is not letting Canada off the hook.

They can all three be to blame.

Rams and Broncos did the vet trade after a couple of bad QB seasons.

Vet trades are not always available but there’s a draft every year. More reliable.

For me, the worst scenario is Trubisky is still Trubisky and Pickett doesn’t play enough and remains an unknown quantity. Then the team enters the off season with little clarity on where to go.

Long time until then. Lots can and will take place.

I rewatched the first 3 quarters of the game and honestly Trubisky made a lot of good throws and completed passes well, they were just mostly passes of short to intermediate routes. He missed some passes, but most of them he was falling or fading backwards towards his own end zone and off his back foot.

He could not step into them because he either isnt getting a deep enough drop to get away from the pass rush, or the O line was allowing the pocket to get collapsed up the middle rather quickly. Sure, there were a few wild snaps by Hassenauer when he came into the game for Cole and that put Mitch on the run to start, but for the most part he completed what was there. This thread is classic over reaction thread.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I rewatched the first 3 quarters of the game and honestly Trubisky made a lot of good throws and completed passes well, they were just mostly passes of short to intermediate routes. He missed some passes, but most of them he was falling or fading backwards towards his own end zone and off his back foot.

He could not step into them because he either isnt getting a deep enough drop to get away from the pass rush, or the O line was allowing the pocket to get collapsed up the middle rather quickly. Sure, there were a few wild snaps by Hassenauer when he came into the game for Cole and that put Mitch on the run to start, but for the most part he completed what was there. This thread is classic over reaction thread.
    Thank you for this. People on this board would want Love to start over Aaron Rodgers based on what they saw in Week 1.