Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: The official Trubitchsky sucks thread

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    So, is this thread still a bad idea? Because Trubisky still sucks!!
    Mods can rename it to Trashbisky sucks if they want it more G-rated
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I honestly don’t think anyone on here seriously considers MT as the future QB of the Steelers. I do think there will be a change to KP at some point during this season. When that will be is 100% Coach Tomlin’s call. Whether we see it during the Jets game this week, after the bye, or sometime during the holidays, I do think it will happen. I will defer to the guy that does this and has done this pretty damn well for a long time now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It’s likely to be a wasted season when KP takes over. I think that’s unfortunate for the franchise.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It’s likely to be a wasted season when KP takes over. I think that’s unfortunate for the franchise.
    Was a wasted season when they brought Trubisky in and kept Matt Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Was a wasted season when they brought Trubisky in and kept Matt Canada.
    Agree on the latter re Canada. Trubisky is a good #2. I'd rather have him than Rudolph, though they're mostly interchangeable.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Agree on the latter re Canada. Trubisky is a good #2. I'd rather have him than Rudolph, though they're mostly interchangeable.
    In hindsight…MR/MT no difference. Beginning of season, rather take the hope of MT being better than he was in Chicago (and with a year behind Allen) over what we saw first hand of MR.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

it appears to be universally agreed upon that matt canada and his offense is a big turd in the punch bowl. is throwing pickett in the tainted punch going to make it any more palatable ? is it going to give an accurate measure of what pickett has to offer playing in canadas system ? i mean we already have a big enough sample size of trubisky to come to the conclusion that he is not starting talent, but if pickett looks bad in canada's system does that knock the shine off of pickett ? many people blamed Ben's poor performances the last few years on fichtner and canada. so do we just chalk it up to a rookie playing in an awful system. regardless of how pickett would perform this year , i dont see dipping back into the draft in 2023 for another QB as a likely scenareo as some have suggested.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Maybe tanking this season is the plan, they might want to re-unite Pickett and Jordan Addison and they need a top 10 pick for that

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    it appears to be universally agreed upon that matt canada and his offense is a big turd in the punch bowl. is throwing pickett in the tainted punch going to make it any more palatable ? is it going to give an accurate measure of what pickett has to offer playing in canadas system ? i mean we already have a big enough sample size of trubisky to come to the conclusion that he is not starting talent, but if pickett looks bad in canada's system does that knock the shine off of pickett ? many people blamed Ben's poor performances the last few years on fichtner and canada. so do we just chalk it up to a rookie playing in an awful system. regardless of how pickett would perform this year , i dont see dipping back into the draft in 2023 for another QB as a likely scenareo as some have suggested.
    I think if throwing in KP gives the same results, then Canada gets the boot and KP gets another opportunity with (hopefully) a better OC.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I think if throwing in KP gives the same results, then Canada gets the boot and KP gets another opportunity with (hopefully) a better OC.
    but how do you know canada is the problem ? i mean Ben was a has been and Trubisky is a never was, if pickett blows, maybe the QB's are the problem. if pickett plays well then canada isnt a problem.

but how do you know canada is the problem ? i mean Ben was a has been and Trubisky is a never was, if pickett blows, maybe the QB's are the problem. if pickett plays well then canada isnt a problem.
    Seems like a chicken or the egg scenario, but honestly, it could be both. It's possible we went from a washed up QB to a bad one. It's not like we brought in Aaron Rodgers here.

Canada could very well suck, but his system requires a mobile QB with accuracy (Mitch only circles one of these boxes, ben circled neither in his final year). Pickett is the best fit for the Canada offense, I honestly don't know why the kid wasn't given more of a shot. From what I've seen I don't think there's much of a drop off if any, to Pickett. Just my own opinion, but if the kid and mitch are around even in ability right now, you go with the young guy. One has added upside, one does not.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Maybe tanking this season is the plan, they might want to re-unite Pickett and Jordan Addison and they need a top 10 pick for that
    If they waste a top 10 pick on a WR next year I'm becoming a Bills fan. This team needs OL/DL.

You're living in an alternate universe.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    If they waste a top 10 pick on a WR next year I'm becoming a Bills fan. This team needs OL/DL.
    Yes, hopefully a left tackle or a potential stud D-lineman need to be the first round pick next year. If they draft a first round receiver I would have to question Omar Khan's abilities.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Seems like a chicken or the egg scenario, but honestly, it could be both. It's possible we went from a washed up QB to a bad one. It's not like we brought in Aaron Rodgers here.

Canada could very well suck, but his system requires a mobile QB with accuracy (Mitch only circles one of these boxes, ben circled neither in his final year). Pickett is the best fit for the Canada offense, I honestly don't know why the kid wasn't given more of a shot. From what I've seen I don't think there's much of a drop off if any, to Pickett. Just my own opinion, but if the kid and mitch are around even in ability right now, you go with the young guy. One has added upside, one does not.
    Ben did better than this in Canada's offense despite having NO mobility and questionable accuracy. I think he just made better decisions and didn't have so many bad habits, which goes a long way.

Like Maverick said, it's not the plane, it's the pilot. Yes, it would be smart if we decided not to keep trotting out the equivalent of a broken-down F-14 out there, but if that's what's happening, we're still better off with a "pilot" who knows what the fuck he's doing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Watching the all-22 of the Browns game and there's a play where Claypool is wide open in a crossing route in the middle of the field 10-15 yards and MT, with a clean pocket, checks it down to Najee. Blew my mind.

Watching the all-22 of the Browns game and there's a play where Claypool is wide open in a crossing route in the middle of the field 10-15 yards and MT, with a clean pocket, checks it down to Najee. Blew my mind.
    Did he look through progressions or did he just check down?

Did he look through progressions or did he just check down?
    He didn't keep his eyes downfield but quickly looked to his check down.

He didn't keep his eyes downfield but quickly looked to his check down.
    I wonder if that is designed like that or he just botched it. At this point, neither would be surprising. We’re receivers looking for the ball? I’ve seen some plays where guys look open but aren’t even looking for the ball…like they know it’s not coming to them.

I wonder if that is designed like that or he just botched it. At this point, neither would be surprising. We’re receivers looking for the ball? I’ve seen some plays where guys look open but aren’t even looking for the ball…like they know it’s not coming to them.
    On the pass to George Pickens that everybody in the media is talking about, on the play, Claypool was open with no defender within 10 yards of him. Before Mitch even throws the ball, both safeties cheat to the outside to cover the outside receiver, with no defender over the middle... leaving Claypool WIDE, WIDE open, we're talking like nobody within 15 yards of him now. If Mitch looked in his direction that would have been a sure TD. It's almost like the opposition isn't even expecting a throw over the middle. Really mind boggling. Before he even began his passing motion, it's like the defenders ignored the middle and immediately went to defend a pass to the outside (both sides of the field). Everybody talks about how great that Pickens catch was, but if Mitch saw this that would have been the easiest TD of his life.

I know QBs don't see *everything* that happens, but when there's a busted coverage like this, you have to capitalize at the NFL level

If receivers are running routes and getting open with no intention of throwing them the ball then things are worse than I imagined.

If receivers are running routes and getting open with no intention of throwing them the ball then things are worse than I imagined.
    There was a report at one point that some of these plays were one route plays. When you start to put all this (negative reports) together, they kind of fit this disaster of an offense.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don't think it is a busted coverage. I suspect that it is the "we don't respect you enough to play an actual defense but we are just gonna sit back here and jump outside routes" defense. NFL defenses are really good at telling us what players and teams are not good. The way that teams are defending the Steelers and the Panthers and the Bears and the 49ers are just glaringly big blinking neon signs that defense have no fear when they face those teams because the QB position is playing far too poorly.

This is how WRs and MT interacted in Chicago. Lots of "Dude, I'm super-duper open" and MT being like "Who are you? And were you on the field last play?" -- MT leaves the huddle with his WR target in mind. Nothing he sees after he makes the playcall is going to change his mind.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It almost like this predictable

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The basis may be fact but the writer’s hyperbole is funny.

The basis may be fact but the writer’s hyperbole is funny.
    I mean the ball boys cousins best friends drug dealer couldn’t be wrong.

So is it possible that Canada, aka Kamala, is setting Trubisky up to fail on purpose by giving him "one read plays" and "no audibles"?

Tomlin is the most powerful person in the organization, aside from owner Art Rooney II so there isn’t anyone to answer to.

Steelers offensive coordinator Matt Canada helped recruit Pickett at Pitt and likely wants #8 to start.
    BTW - Tomlin should never be the second most powerful guy in any organization...

Fucking scrub! Mason better be activated next week