Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who takes the AFCN?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Who takes the AFCN?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Maybe but so far the Bengals are just 4-4 and the Bucs are 3-5.This is a new year
    What are you saying? You expected that when you first looked at the schedule? I didn’t expect to get swept by the AFC East. That is a surprise to me.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What are you saying? You expected that when you first looked at the schedule? I didn’t expect to get swept by the AFC East. That is a surprise to me.
    Yes it's a surprise...I expected to lose against the Bills and the Dolphins but not against the Jets and the Pats

Before the season,for sure if someone would have told me we would be 2-6 and one of our wins would be against the Bucs with Tom Brady, I wouldn't have believed that, but the Bucs also lost to another 2-6 team the week after (Panthers), so right now we can't say the Bucs are a good team.But yeah it was still a huge upset especially with our depleted defense in this game

I would not be surprised if the steelers won at least 5 games in the second half of the season.The steelers schedule were just brutal in the first half.The schedule will be more soft in the second half.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, with the Lions winning we are getting closer to the #1 pick

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well, with the Lions winning we are getting closer to the #1 pick

And the Bears losing keeps that second round pick they got for Claypool trending in the right direction as well.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Looking at the post-bye schedules, the Ravens should be favored in each of their remaining games. Just as I posted in my first response in this thread, a healthy Ravens with a 4th place schedule has to be the odds on favorite to win the division. I think they should.

That said, they have not been playing very smart football this season. We’ll see. The rest of their schedule is worse than ours. Which is beyond bad.

The Ravens are almost a lock at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Looking at the post-bye schedules, the Ravens should be favored in each of their remaining games. Just as I posted in my first response in this thread, a healthy Ravens with a 4th place schedule has to be the odds on favorite to win the division. I think they should.

That said, they have not been playing very smart football this season. We’ll see. The rest of their schedule is worse than ours. Which is beyond bad.
    That is true, they seemed to have gotten away from the running game trying to make their QB a pocket passer, and he is not that.

3-7 with 7 games to go I have not given up on the season as a whole, but I will concede the division title at this point. We are currently in a dead heat with the Browns for who finishes last in the division and we trail slightly by 1 head to head loss and a 45pt overall differential.

Yes all of that is disappointing and a bit depressing. But, that is what rebuilding looks like. Usually, and with some exceptions. While I do agree with many of you that the offense is in dire need of some leadership shake-up, I am not in favor of blowing the whole thing up and starting over. I am also not a fan of the 'everything and everyone sucks' mentality that has become the normal turn of conversation on here. As Steelers fans we have had it good for a very long time when compared to fans of most every other franchise. This dive into negativism and belly button staring and overall 'woe is me' needs to be taken back a step or 3. It's really turning into poor sportsmanship and just being a sore loser.

Never meaning posters aren't entitled to their opinions and free to express themselves. But turning every thread and every conversation into another 'fire everyone' rant should actually start getting some type of penalty. Throw the flag already.

Looking at remaining schedules and current positions within the division, my newest order of how things will finish:
    1. Ravens 14-3/13-4
    2. Steelers 8-9/9-8
    3. Bengals 7-10/8-9
    4. Browns 4-13/5-12

No, we will not tank for a higher draft position.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Great post.

Not over between the Ravens and the bengals....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not over between the Ravens and the bengals AND STEELERS....
    fixed it for you…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well the Ravens just lost again today, and Lamar looks terrible as a QB. It so frustrating cause if we had an average OC we would probably have 3-4 more wins right now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well the Ravens just lost again today, and Lamar looks terrible as a QB. It so frustrating cause if we had an average OC we would probably have 3-4 more wins right now.
    But don’t forget…. He’s still an MVP candidate.

Unanimous picks for Eagles over Packers.

When they showed the playoffs picture they had the Colts as ‘in the hunt’ at 4-6-1. Steelers win tomorrow should put the Steelers ‘in the hunt’.

6of7 losses to AFC teams is tough though.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Steelers still get to play the Ravens twice. If the Steelers win those two, that’s 6 wins… reducing Baltimore’s lead by just one game.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Steelers still get to play the Ravens twice. If the Steelers win those two, that’s 6 wins… reducing Baltimore’s lead by just one game.
    Problem,the bengals are also at 7-4 with no game left against them....For the wildcard,this is very unlikely since the steelers don't have the tiebreaker over the jets,pats,etc

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can realistically see the Steelers finishing 9-8, looking at their schedule. Won’t win the division, but could squeak into the wildcard. I give it a 20% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I can realistically see the Steelers finishing 9-8, looking at their schedule. Won’t win the division, but could squeak into the wildcard. I give it a 20% chance.
    9-8 is likely won't be enough.....The tiebreaker will not be a good friend for the steelers this year...I am not sure if they finish at 10-7 will be enough

The steelers are the second most lucky team in the NFL despite their 4-7 record according to this

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    so you're telling me there's a chance...
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

If you really believe in the chance to make the playoffs, it would be by winning the AFC north, since likely the steelers would have the tiebreaker over the Bengals and Ravens if they win all of their AFC north games for the rest of the year

For the wildcard, they don't have the tiebreaker over the Jets who are in the 7th seed right now....

Every AFC north team win today but the Jets,Chargers and pats all lost this week