Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who takes the AFCN?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Who takes the AFCN?

The Ravens are better that their record(5-3)..In the first 8 games,they had a double digit lead in each game and they had the chance to win every game.They just need to close the game better

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Ravens are better that their record(5-3)..In the first 8 games,they had a double digit lead in each game and they had the chance to win every game.They just need to close the game better
    Then say the same for the Steelers with multiple single digit losses that could be/should be more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Then say the same for the Steelers with multiple single digit losses that could be/should be more wins.
    With a better offense,no doubt but the offense is just brutal

The Ravens had a big lead against the Dolphins and the Giants in the fourth quarter but they lost his games... They even had a 20-3 lead against the Bills at one point but they had a collapse...Sometimes things like that can be fixed during a season or stay all year like the steelers in 2009 and that was very frustrating!...We will see what will happen for the ravens for the rest of the year

In the case of the Steelers right now, the only collapse they had was in the game against the Jets....Other than that, they're as good as their record because of our offense.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With a better offense,no doubt but the offense is just brutal

The Ravens had a big lead against the Dolphins and the Giants in the fourth quarter but they lost his games... They even had a 20-3 lead against the Bills at one point but they had a collapse...Sometimes things like that can be fixed during a season or stay all year like the steelers in 2009 and that was very frustrating!...We will see what will happen for the ravens for the rest of the year

In the case of the Steelers right now, the only collapse they had was in the game against the Jets....Other than that, they're as good as their record because of our offense.

AH...OK then.

AH...OK then.
    -78 in points differenciel for the steelers now and we can not said that this is because of one game.The steelers are as bad as their record,maybe even worst....

-78 in points differenciel for the steelers now and we can not said that this is because of one game.The steelers are as bad as their record,maybe even worst....
    2 substantial losses to the Bills and the Eagles. The rest games were within reach. Yes, even as bad as this team is playing. They could only have 2-3 losses with just a couple plays went differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Ravens beat the Buccs and Bengals. So did we.

Ravens lost to the Dolphins and Bills. So did we.

I’m not so oblivious to think we are as good a team right now as the Ravens. But your criteria was with just a few plays going differently the Ravens have fewer losses. I’m just saying apply that same criteria to the Steelers and it’s the same.

2 substantial losses to the Bills and the Eagles. The rest games were within reach. Yes, even as bad as this team is playing. They could only have 2-3 losses with just a couple plays went differently.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not so oblivious to think we are as good a team right now as the Ravens. But your criteria was with just a few plays going differently the Ravens have fewer losses. I’m just saying apply that same criteria to the Steelers and it’s the same.
    When you win so many close game like the steelers did last year,very often the next year is very different unless the teams become much better.Last year,the only reason why the steelers had a winning record was because they won almost every close game.They had a -55 points differencial last year despite their winning record

But when you look at the stats on offense and even on defense,this is just a awful team right now

When you win so many close game like the steelers did last year,very often the next year is very different unless the teams become much better.Last year,the only reason why the steelers had a winning record was because they won almost every close game.They had a -55 points differencial last year despite their winning record

But when you look at the stats on offense and even on defense,this is just a awful team right now
    All of that is true. But not on topic at all.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Not using stats or criteria, but by using eye test Ravens much better than Steelers. Although it’s usually won by a FG , I wouldn’t be surprised if Ravens win in blow outs both games. I’m usually a homer but Steelers are closer to being winless than .500, considering 5 turnovers and barely winning and Trubisky pulling out a comeback. Both huge aberrations.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Not using stats or criteria, but by using eye test Ravens much better than Steelers. Although it’s usually won by a FG , I wouldn’t be surprised if Ravens win in blow outs both games. I’m usually a homer but Steelers are closer to being winless than .500, considering 5 turnovers and barely winning and Trubisky pulling out a comeback. Both huge aberrations.
    And I agree the ravens are the better team right now. My point was PB said that the Ravens are better than their record but for only a few plays here or there. I was saying if you apply that logic to the Ravens, then apply it to the Steelers too. Won't make the Steelers a better team, but a few plays here or there and the record could be much better than it is. Why give one team that benefit?

The ravens have trail for a total of under 3 minutes in their 3 losses......The Ravens have also been up by 10 points or more in every game this year.The steelers were more close to be 0-8 that 4-4.The ravens were more close to be 7-1 that 4-4

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good deal for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Smith is free agent after this year

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Smith is free agent after this year
    Hes a player that can get the Ravens the division title and into the playoffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hes a player that can get the Ravens the division title and into the playoffs though.
    and maybe more!

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Getting back Tyus Bowser and David Ojabo, and now Roquan Smith is going to have a big impact on the Ravens defense.

Now…can the Stains beat the Bungles tonight? Cincy is already 0-2 in the division. 0-3 would be a big hole.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

And I agree the ravens are the better team right now. My point was PB said that the Ravens are better than their record but for only a few plays here or there. I was saying if you apply that logic to the Ravens, then apply it to the Steelers too. Won't make the Steelers a better team, but a few plays here or there and the record could be much better than it is. Why give one team that benefit?
    I agree, I hate double standards more than you know! It’s crazy how one play changes things. Niners DB had easy pick to ice game against Rams but drops it. Rams go from elimination to SB champs.

As a fan, father be in the Steelers situation right now then the Bengals situation.

The injuries woes for the ravens continue this year even if this is not bad as last year so far

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Shame. But if Andrews misses significant time it will be a bigger blow. Bateman looks like he may turn into a pretty good WR, but it’s not like the Ravens are missing Ja ‘Marr Chase.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Steelers will win 7 of the next 9, end up 9-7… and win the AFC North.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    you meant 9-8.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

17 game season brother.

I know you are a glass half-full kind of guy, so 10-7?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    you meant 9-8.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    17 game season brother.

I know you are a glass half-full kind of guy, so 10-7?

The ravens don't have a team with a winning record right now for the rest of their schedule and they will likely have the tiebreaker over the bengals who are 0-3 against the AFC North

Anybody else find it odd that the 2 teams the Steelers beat so far are the Bengals and Buccs? Defending AFC champs and the Buccs lost in the NFC championship game.

Anybody else find it odd that the 2 teams the Steelers beat so far are the Bengals and Buccs? Defending AFC champs and the Buccs lost in the NFC championship game.
    Maybe but so far the Bengals are just 4-4 and the Bucs are 3-5.This is a new year