Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69

Thread: Lamar Jackson

  1. #31
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    18,710

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Gifted athlete but has been bad in the playoffs

    1-3 record

    3 TDs and 5 INTs

    55.3 completion percentage

    68.3 passer rating

    Pay him the billion dollars and strap their salary cap!



  2. #32
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    IF the Ravens thought Lamar Jackson were indeed a great QB, he would have his contract. Thatís just easy math.
    This is more that Lamar want too much money and he want a fully guaranteed contract like Watson

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Unfortunately Lamar plays under Greg Roman. Two areas the Ravens always seem to have issues with is drafting wide receiversÖand offensive coordinators. Romanís lack of changing game strategy when needed (see first playoff game against the Chargers) is more of a hindrance to Jackson than Jackson is to himself.

    With Andrews and Likely in a two TE set, I think Lamar is going to feast this season. When Kolar returns that will be three TEís in the mix for passing opportunities (remains to be seen if Boyle can block as well as prior to his injury). If Jackson has two great TEís, Dobbins and eventually Williams in the backfield (and if Drake can produce), and Stanley makes it back to his Pro Bowl-level play at LT, I think Lamar is going to prove some doubters wrong in 2022.

    If Iím wrong, Iíll freely admit my error in January.
    I have no doubt you will...but if Jackson is dominant this year and he is dominant in the playoffs like in his 2019 regular season, will he get the credit from the steelers fan and the others who doubt him?

    I'm far from certain...Remember when Flacco had his historic playoff run in 2012....Very few had given him the credit even though before that run, many were convinced that Flacco was never going to win a super bowl

    It's not good to be stubborn sometimes

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Gifted athlete but has been bad in the playoffs

    1-3 record

    3 TDs and 5 INTs

    55.3 completion percentage

    68.3 passer rating

    Pay him the billion dollars and strap their salary cap!
    It's awful and it needs to change and if it changes this year, what are his doubters going to say?

  4. #34
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    18,710

    Re: Lamar Jackson




  5. #35
    Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Gender
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is more that Lamar want too much money and he want a fully guaranteed contract like Watson
    I think that’s it in a nutshell. Steve Bisciotti spoke his mind directly after Watson’s contract. And his opinion was that it was not good for football. And both Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson’s contracts were not fully guaranteed. If Jackson truly is holding out for a fully guaranteed contract over what Watson received, I do not see that forthcoming.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    He need a agent big time...I don't care if this contract is not fully guaranteed.If this is between 150-200 millions take the offer and run with that!


  7. #37
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson


  8. #38
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-y5tXFosns vs the Jets.

    The Jets may feel better after a 24-9 home loss than we do after winning at the Bengals.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Western Pa
    Gender
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    dumbest rock in the box
    I hate the Kenny Pickett Selection , but he is a Steeler now so hope he turns out great

    former @Dwinsgames on Twitter ( account re-suspended)

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    8,413

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    dumbest rock in the box
    That might be Jameis Winston, spiking the ball on a stopped clock lol.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Dt6F0ykvA

    Lamar's week 2 game vs the Dolphins. I don't understand why the Ravens aren't a run first team.

  12. #42
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Amazing game for Lamar today....Over 400 yards offense and 38 points scored.But their pass defense were awful once again

  13. #43
    raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    richmond va
    Gender
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Amazing game for Lamar today....Over 400 yards offense and 38 points scored.But their pass defense were awful once again
    I keep minimizing his abilities and he continues to prove me wrong.

    "Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson


  15. #45
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,792

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    He bet on himself, so far he's way up

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  16. #46
    Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Gender
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Dt6F0ykvA

    Lamar's week 2 game vs the Dolphins. I don't understand why the Ravens aren't a run first team.
    They would be (or at least more run-heavy) if Dobbins and Edwards were fully healthy. Edwards is still on PUP. I thought Dobbins was going to play yesterday but did not. The Ravens other RB’s are pedestrian at best.

    I’ve stated it before, but I’ll say it again. Jackson is a QB who can run. He’s not a runner who can also play QB.

  17. #47
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    They would be (or at least more run-heavy) if Dobbins and Edwards were fully healthy. Edwards is still on PUP. I thought Dobbins was going to play yesterday but did not. The Ravens other RB’s are pedestrian at best.

    I’ve stated it before, but I’ll say it again. Jackson is a QB who can run. He’s not a runner who can also play QB.
    Against the Dolphins were the Ravens trying to score more points or control the clock and get the win? 2-3 yards a run eats up clock and the Fins don't have time to come back. (I didn't say only run the ball)

    Last 2 seasons vs the Steelers, who have been pitiful in run defense, the Ravens get swept because they throw the ball every down instead of attack the weakness of the defense. Even pedestrian RBs ran over us last season.

    It's not just the Ravens, this is just that thread. There are other teams doing this as well.

  18. #48
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Against the Dolphins were the Ravens trying to score more points or control the clock and get the win? 2-3 yards a run eats up clock and the Fins don't have time to come back. (I didn't say only run the ball)

    Last 2 seasons vs the Steelers, who have been pitiful in run defense, the Ravens get swept because they throw the ball every down instead of attack the weakness of the defense. Even pedestrian RBs ran over us last season.

    It's not just the Ravens, this is just that thread. There are other teams doing this as well.
    This loss is on their defense.6 TD pass for Tua and 4 in the fourth quarter...Just look at the tweet in post 44,this is the first time in NFL history a team lose a game with 38 points and 0 turnover at home!

  19. #49
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    The ravens had 29 pass and 25 run in this game.For the fourth quarter,the first drive,it was the running game the problem...

    4 12:12 MIA 35 21 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 12:12 1 10 BAL 25 21 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete deep middle to Devin Duvernay for 26 yards (tackle by Elandon Roberts) 0.610 2.320
    4 11:24 1 10 MIA 49 21 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short left to Mark Andrews for 6 yards (tackle by Eric Rowe) 2.320 2.590
    4 10:39 2 4 MIA 43 21 35 Kenyan Drake left end for 1 yard (tackle by Jaelan Phillips) 2.590 2.020
    4 10:05 3 3 MIA 42 21 35 Lamar Jackson right guard for 2 yards (tackle by Zach Sieler and Christian Wilkins) 2.020 0.590
    4 9:18 4 1 MIA 40 21 35 Lamar Jackson left end for -1 yards (tackle by Elandon Roberts and Trey Flowers)

    Same for the second drive when they had a loss on the run of the first play of the drive and they were forced to pass on second and 12 after that in a 35-28 lead



    4 7:47 MIA 35 28 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 7:47 1 10 BAL 25 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete intended for Isaiah Likely. Penalty on Kader Kohou: Defensive Holding, 5 yards (accepted) (no play) 0.610 0.940
    4 7:42 1 10 BAL 30 28 35 Justice Hill right end for -2 yards (tackle by Christian Wilkins and Melvin Ingram) 0.940 0.120
    4 7:06 2 12 BAL 28 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete short left intended for Rashod Bateman (defended by Xavien Howard) 0.120 -0.560
    4 7:02 3 12 BAL 28 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete deep middle intended for Isaiah Likely -0.560 -1.220
    4 6:54 3 22 BAL 28 28 35 Jordan Stout punts 36 yards out of bounds


    3rd drive,now at 35-35,they score a FG

    4 5:19 MIA 35 35 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 5:19 1 10 BAL 25 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short right to Mark Andrews for 16 yards (tackle by Eric Rowe) 0.610 1.660
    4 4:30 1 10 BAL 41 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete intended for Isaiah Likely. Penalty on Brandon Jones: Defensive Pass Interference, 9 yards (accepted) (no play) 1.660 2.260
    4 4:23 1 10 BAL 50 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short middle to Devin Duvernay for 16 yards (tackle by Jevon Holland) 2.260 3.310
    4 3:58 1 10 MIA 34 35 35 Kenyan Drake left tackle for -1 yards (tackle by Melvin Ingram) 3.310 2.640
    4 3:13 2 11 MIA 35 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short right to Isaiah Likely for 2 yards (tackle by Brandon Jones and Xavien Howard) 2.640 2.210
    4 2:29 3 9 MIA 33 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete deep middle intended for Mark Andrews 2.210 1.150
    4 2:23 4 9 MIA 33 35 38 Justin Tucker 51 yard field goal good. Penalty on Justin Bethel: Defensive Offside, 5 yards (declined)



    The problem for the ravens it was his plays...

    4 7:54 3 10 BAL 48 27 35 Tua Tagovailoa pass complete deep middle to Tyreek Hill for 48 yards, touchdown

    4 5:27 3 6 MIA 40 34 35 Tua Tagovailoa pass complete deep left to Tyreek Hill for 60 yards, touchdown

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...all_vis_drives

  20. #50
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The ravens had 29 pass and 25 run in this game.For the fourth quarter,the first drive,it was the running game the problem...

    4 12:12 MIA 35 21 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 12:12 1 10 BAL 25 21 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete deep middle to Devin Duvernay for 26 yards (tackle by Elandon Roberts) 0.610 2.320
    4 11:24 1 10 MIA 49 21 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short left to Mark Andrews for 6 yards (tackle by Eric Rowe) 2.320 2.590
    4 10:39 2 4 MIA 43 21 35 Kenyan Drake left end for 1 yard (tackle by Jaelan Phillips) 2.590 2.020
    4 10:05 3 3 MIA 42 21 35 Lamar Jackson right guard for 2 yards (tackle by Zach Sieler and Christian Wilkins) 2.020 0.590
    4 9:18 4 1 MIA 40 21 35 Lamar Jackson left end for -1 yards (tackle by Elandon Roberts and Trey Flowers)

    Same for the second drive when they had a loss on the run of the first play of the drive and they were forced to pass on second and 12 after that in a 35-28 lead



    4 7:47 MIA 35 28 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 7:47 1 10 BAL 25 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete intended for Isaiah Likely. Penalty on Kader Kohou: Defensive Holding, 5 yards (accepted) (no play) 0.610 0.940
    4 7:42 1 10 BAL 30 28 35 Justice Hill right end for -2 yards (tackle by Christian Wilkins and Melvin Ingram) 0.940 0.120
    4 7:06 2 12 BAL 28 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete short left intended for Rashod Bateman (defended by Xavien Howard) 0.120 -0.560
    4 7:02 3 12 BAL 28 28 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete deep middle intended for Isaiah Likely -0.560 -1.220
    4 6:54 3 22 BAL 28 28 35 Jordan Stout punts 36 yards out of bounds


    3rd drive,now at 35-35,they score a FG

    4 5:19 MIA 35 35 35 Jason Sanders kicks off 65 yards, touchback. 0.000 0.610
    4 5:19 1 10 BAL 25 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short right to Mark Andrews for 16 yards (tackle by Eric Rowe) 0.610 1.660
    4 4:30 1 10 BAL 41 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete intended for Isaiah Likely. Penalty on Brandon Jones: Defensive Pass Interference, 9 yards (accepted) (no play) 1.660 2.260
    4 4:23 1 10 BAL 50 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short middle to Devin Duvernay for 16 yards (tackle by Jevon Holland) 2.260 3.310
    4 3:58 1 10 MIA 34 35 35 Kenyan Drake left tackle for -1 yards (tackle by Melvin Ingram) 3.310 2.640
    4 3:13 2 11 MIA 35 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass complete short right to Isaiah Likely for 2 yards (tackle by Brandon Jones and Xavien Howard) 2.640 2.210
    4 2:29 3 9 MIA 33 35 35 Lamar Jackson pass incomplete deep middle intended for Mark Andrews 2.210 1.150
    4 2:23 4 9 MIA 33 35 38 Justin Tucker 51 yard field goal good. Penalty on Justin Bethel: Defensive Offside, 5 yards (declined)



    The problem for the ravens it was his plays...

    4 7:54 3 10 BAL 48 27 35 Tua Tagovailoa pass complete deep middle to Tyreek Hill for 48 yards, touchdown

    4 5:27 3 6 MIA 40 34 35 Tua Tagovailoa pass complete deep left to Tyreek Hill for 60 yards, touchdown

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...all_vis_drives
    Maybe the Ravens just met the perfect storm of offensive incompetence meets defensive incompetence facing a team with speed and determination?

    What happened to power football?

  21. #51
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    8,413

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    They would be (or at least more run-heavy) if Dobbins and Edwards were fully healthy. Edwards is still on PUP. I thought Dobbins was going to play yesterday but did not. The Ravens other RB’s are pedestrian at best.

    I’ve stated it before, but I’ll say it again. Jackson is a QB who can run. He’s not a runner who can also play QB.
    I don't see it that way, but the other - he's a runner who can throw. If there was no threat of him running, his passing would be much less effective. Of course, history will tell us which one of us was right. At some point, he'll lose a step, either due to injury, age or both. We'll see how he does as a pocket passer.

  22. #52
    Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has much to be proud of"> DuckHodges's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Gender
    Posts
    508

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That might be Jameis Winston, spiking the ball on a stopped clock lol.
    I always wondered if a QB ever clocked the ball on 4th down by accident before lol
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

  23. #53
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    To be honest, I never knew spiking the ball when the clock was already stopped was a penalty. I just figured the wasted down was punishment enough. I believe they called 'Delay of Game', but the clock wasn't moving. IDK

  24. #54
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    8,413

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    To be honest, I never knew spiking the ball when the clock was already stopped was a penalty. I just figured the wasted down was punishment enough. I believe they called 'Delay of Game', but the clock wasn't moving. IDK
    Intentional grounding with loss of down and yardage, not to mention a time runoff. It's a really costly penalty for such a complete boneheaded move.

  25. #55
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    16,801

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    If we are going to define Jackson as RB who can pass...gotta view Josh Allen the same way.

    For me, both are really darn good QBs. They just don't get there the same way as everyone else.

  26. #56
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If we are going to define Jackson as RB who can pass...gotta view Josh Allen the same way.

    For me, both are really darn good QBs. They just don't get there the same way as everyone else.
    I think Jackson is a better runner(over 1200 rushing yards in 2019 and 1000 yards in 2020) and Josh Allen is a better passer(over 4400 passing yards in 2020 and 2021))but yeah both are very special QB!..Just different to others!

  27. #57
    Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Gender
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think Jackson is a better runner(over 1200 rushing yards in 2019 and 1000 yards in 2020) and Josh Allen is a better passer(over 4400 passing yards in 2020 and 2021))but yeah both are very special QB!..Just different to others!
    That I will not argue.

    Sunday’s loss against the Fins was an NFL first. A KO return, a pass and a rush all at 75 yards or longer for each. How you lose a game with that is mind-boggling.

  28. #58
    Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has much to be proud of"> DuckHodges's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Gender
    Posts
    508

    Re: Lamar Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    That I will not argue.

    Sunday’s loss against the Fins was an NFL first. A KO return, a pass and a rush all at 75 yards or longer for each. How you lose a game with that is mind-boggling.
    Yeah they had no business losing that game (and that's coming from a raven hater). I don't care how fast tyreek hill is, that's even more reason to make sure he doesn't beat you deep when you KNOW that's their only chance
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

  29. #59
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson


  30. #60
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute"> polamalubeast's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,566

    Re: Lamar Jackson


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •