Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Jackson

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I LOVE this deal now the Ravens and Browns are both over paying for a QB and Bengals about to have to follow suit .... love it , love it , love it

I'm a little less excited about facing Burrow for a decade!

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Lamar Jackson's 45-16 win-loss record as a starter (73.7%) gives him the 3rd highest winning % of active quarterbacks (behind Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes), and 6th highest all-time (ahead of Joe Montana & Peyton Manning).

That is pretty rarefied air right there.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Lamar Jackson's 45-16 win-loss record as a starter (73.7%) gives him the 3rd highest winning % of active quarterbacks (behind Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes), and 6th highest all-time (ahead of Joe Montana & Peyton Manning).

If they watch the NBA they must hate Steph Curry because he is not a pass first point guard!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But Jackson has produced much better results every year since 2019...Who care about the style
    results are a TEAM accomplishment , Watson is the better QB Lamar is a runner who plays qb ......... anybody that watches the game should know that
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He only has ONE win when it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

If they watch the NBA they must hate Steph Curry because he is not a pass first point guard!
    Steph Curry has 4 championships. Bad comparison.

results are a TEAM accomplishment , Watson is the better QB Lamar is a runner who plays qb ......... anybody that watches the game should know that
    I'm not talking about win-loss record, I'm talking about Lamar being a much better player in every year since 2019 that Watson...Those who are objective (and not stubborn) all say that Lamar is a much better QB.I don't care about the style

The NFL have changed a lot in the last few years....Mobile QB is a big part of the game

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He only has ONE win when it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Steph Curry has 4 championships. Bad comparison.
    That’s true. How many has Watson got?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

ONE PLAYOFF WIN

ONE PLAYOFF WIN
    Peyton Manning had 0 playoff win after 5 years,same for Drew Brees

Peyton Manning had 0 playoff win after 5 years,same for Drew Brees
    I always thought that Manning was a playoff choker too. Brees wasn't getting as much props as Manning so his ineffectiveness flew under the radar. One thing is for sure, regardless of your lofty opinion of Lamar and the Ravens, Lamar couldn't carry either of their jockstraps when it comes to quarterbacking.

I always thought that Manning was a playoff choker too. Brees wasn't getting as much props as Manning so his ineffectiveness flew under the radar. One thing is for sure, regardless of your lofty opinion of Lamar and the Ravens, Lamar couldn't carry either of their jockstraps when it comes to quarterbacking.
    Brees and Peyton are still 2 all-time great...I don't said Lamar is but not because he has only 1 playoff win so far mean that he is not a great QB

Brees and Peyton are still 2 all-time great...I don't said Lamar is but not because he has only 1 playoff win so far mean that he is not a great QB
    Right. It’s just that you and others keep making it about his great W/L record in the regular season so it’s fair game to bring up his playoff record.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Ravens are stuck in that position of having a dude with glaring limitations at QB, but you can't drop him yet because he's just "good enough" to do something with. They had no choice but to pay Lamar and there was no one in the draft to take to replace him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you are going to talk about LJ being a great QB, talk about HIS accomplishments. Don’t compare with other QBs and their greatness or struggles. Apples and oranges. Lamar as a NFL QB is not impressive. Lamar as a phenom running with the ball in his hands is elite. The team side of things is when you design everything for a unique player, once he gets hurt or misses games, it becomes harder to win those games with someone else who’s not that unique player. Thus the bottom falling out from under the last 2 seasons.

Everyone seems to think the Ravens have terrible WRs. I keep seeing those WRs making spectacular catches and getting awesome YAC every single week. But then again, when the ball is continually put over your head or at your feet or just out of your reach or 3yds behind your crossing route, you MUST make a spectacular catch. It’s really crazy to watch the bad throws that end up being highlight reel plays week in and week out. Either they are terrible route runners with amazing catch radius, or decent to good route runners and these are just inaccurate passes. Maybe a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If you are going to talk about LJ being a great QB, talk about HIS accomplishments. Don’t compare with other QBs and their greatness or struggles. Apples and oranges. Lamar as a NFL QB is not impressive. Lamar as a phenom running with the ball in his hands is elite. The team side of things is when you design everything for a unique player, once he gets hurt or misses games, it becomes harder to win those games with someone else who’s not that unique player. Thus the bottom falling out from under the last 2 seasons.

Everyone seems to think the Ravens have terrible WRs. I keep seeing those WRs making spectacular catches and getting awesome YAC every single week. But then again, when the ball is continually put over your head or at your feet or just out of your reach or 3yds behind your crossing route, you MUST make a spectacular catch. It’s really crazy to watch the bad throws that end up being highlight reel plays week in and week out. Either they are terrible route runners with amazing catch radius, or decent to good route runners and these are just inaccurate passes. Maybe a bit of both.
    Needless to say, I have watched every Ravens game since the franchise relocated to Baltimore in 1996. So I base my observations on Lamar Jackson and his receiving corps having watched every game.

The Ravens WR’s have always seemed to run rather pedestrian routes with an emphasis on speed. Hollywood Brown had a 1,000+ yd season with Lamar as his QB, but most of that was due to Brown’s sheer speed. It had little to do with receivers running routes designed to open passing lanes. I’d say the same about Mark Andrews. He is a top-shelf TE but YAC suffers as the route design was almost guaranteed for a tackle right after the catch. Compare his routes to Kelce and you can see what I mean. Roman can call a helluva run game and set up many different looks on the offense to facilitate the rushing game. But his passing game was lackluster at best.

So, barring any lingering effects from Jackson’s injury, this season is going to show whether he truly is a quarterback capable of taking a team deep in the postseason or not. My guess is, if OBJ, Agholor, Flowers, Duvernay, Proce, Andrews and Likley are all ready to go, we are going to see. I’d be happy to see a screen 2-3 times a game. Roman must like shades and blinds because that man was as anti-screen of an OC that I’ve ever seen.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Needless to say, I have watched every Ravens game since the franchise relocated to Baltimore in 1996. So I base my observations on Lamar Jackson and his receiving corps having watched every game.

The Ravens WR’s have always seemed to run rather pedestrian routes with an emphasis on speed. Hollywood Brown had a 1,000+ yd season with Lamar as his QB, but most of that was due to Brown’s sheer speed. It had little to do with receivers running routes designed to open passing lanes. I’d say the same about Mark Andrews. He is a top-shelf TE but YAC suffers as the route design was almost guaranteed for a tackle right after the catch. Compare his routes to Kelce and you can see what I mean. Roman can call a helluva run game and set up many different looks on the offense to facilitate the rushing game. But his passing game was lackluster at best.

So, barring any lingering effects from Jackson’s injury, this season is going to show whether he truly is a quarterback capable of taking a team deep in the postseason or not. My guess is, if OBJ, Agholor, Flowers, Duvernay, Proce, Andrews and Likley are all ready to go, we are going to see. I’d be happy to see a screen 2-3 times a game. Roman must like shades and blinds because that man was as anti-screen of an OC that I’ve ever seen.
    What has made less sense to me over the past 3 seasons has been the number of times the Ravens have LJ passing, AND passing from a stationary pocket. Dobbins, Edwards, Hill, Freeman, Murray, Ricard, and Ingram are all RBs that can punish and keep pounding. Then you have PA with Andrews or Duvernay who consistently beat single coverage. AND, if he's already moving he's in a rollout pattern if it is PA. OR if he decides to tuck and run. But treating him as a traditional pocket passer is just hard to watch. He's just not good at that. New OC, new ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What has made less sense to me over the past 3 seasons has been the number of times the Ravens have LJ passing, AND passing from a stationary pocket. Dobbins, Edwards, Hill, Freeman, Murray, Ricard, and Ingram are all RBs that can punish and keep pounding. Then you have PA with Andrews or Duvernay who consistently beat single coverage. AND, if he's already moving he's in a rollout pattern if it is PA. OR if he decides to tuck and run. But treating him as a traditional pocket passer is just hard to watch. He's just not good at that. New OC, new ideas?
    LJ is at his best throwing mobile. To me, this was something Roman put the kibosh on. I’ve never heard Jackson say a peep about wanting to be known as a pocket passer. You won’t find many Ravens fans spilling tears over Roman’s departure.

The guy whose highest total is 3100 yards in a season says he's now gonna throw for 6000. OoooooKaaayyy.

The guy whose highest total is 3100 yards in a season says he's now gonna throw for 6000. OoooooKaaayyy.
    Which is exactly why I ask what are the Ravens doing! EVERYBODY, every fan, every hater, every couldn’t care less, knows the Ravens with LJ should be running the ball. It’s their strength. Yet, they keep playing to LJ’s fantasy of being a great passer and reader of defense. My fear for him is he could be the next Randall Cunningham but will wind up being the next RG3. Or somewhere in the middle.

Ravens' Lamar Jackson expects less running, more throwing

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37722923

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lamar Jackson

Lamar Jackson isn’t a QB in the least bit. He can’t do anything but run the ball. Like nothing other than running the ball. Just watching him play, he’s not a QB. I thought maybe he would be and that he wasn’t that bad. Wrong. Fraud…stealing a pay check.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I'm so glad that the Ravens are stuck with him for many years, at great cost to their cap!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lamar Jackson isn’t a QB in the least bit. He can’t do anything but run the ball. Like nothing other than running the ball. Just watching him play, he’s not a QB. I thought maybe he would be and that he wasn’t that bad. Wrong. Fraud…stealing a pay check.
    Be careful saying that, I've gotten blasted here many times for saying it... Lol

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Be careful saying that, I've gotten blasted here many times for saying it... Lol
    Hater

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

I’ve been one of Lamar’s biggest haters on here. But I have to concede that he’s turned into a really good passer. That said, it’s a matter of time before his big contract takes a toll on their roster, much like the Chiefs. But props to Lamar for his development. Of course, he still needs to prove it in the playoffs (1-3).

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Winning is winning................................. W's are W's........................................ the rest is just semantics.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ve been one of Lamar’s biggest haters on here. But I have to concede that he’s turned into a really good passer. That said, it’s a matter of time before his big contract takes a toll on their roster, much like the Chiefs. But props to Lamar for his development. Of course, he still needs to prove it in the playoffs (1-3).
    From what he’s done now since the beginning of the season are night and day. He looked horrible at the beginning of the season but didn’t kill the team…maybe losing Andrews/his crutch has helped him…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Say what you want about being great QB. Bottom line he’s a great football player. Probably a 2 time MVP soon.

Lamar’s biggest progression has been giving Roman the boot, installing Monken as the OC, and drafting Flowers. Most especially Monken. He’s shown this season that he’s a quarterback. And just led his team to a AFCN title and a first-round bye, while beating three division leaders in a row, including soundly thrashing the NFC-leading 49ers and the AFCE leading Dolphins.