Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Jackson

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson

Lamar stated his knee is unstable and the injury is worse than reported. I believe this could be a ploy to make sure he can’t be traded like Watson or Wilson. Forces the Ravens to sign him or let him just walk. Correct me if this is wrong but the Ravens would be in some trouble for mis-reporting or mis-representing the actual injury if true. Right?

The Browns fully guaranteed Watson. BUT…the Browns business model is far from the standard in the league. Wilson and Kyler deals are less guaranteed and were done after the Watson deal. Fully guaranteeing player contracts is foolish and not good for the game overall, in my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Franchise TAG for Lamar will happen but I am not sure he will be a ravens next year.A trade and a new contract with a another team is possible for Lamar.Or it could be very ugly

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

He is acting as his own agent (perhaps not the smartest move see Dante Culpepper) but he is not the kind of player you mortgage the future on he is 1 hit away from retirement as his greatest asset is his legs not his arm as you would expect from a QB , his style of play is not designed for long term success and to grant him what he desires (a Watson like deal) would be setting your entire organization up for failure ... I could be wrong but I believe his best football is behind him even at this early date ...reason being is he has had a few lower extremity injuries now and they start taking a toll with a player of his skillset , its liken to a pocket passer having a few shoulder injuries your play starts to go the other way and rarely recovers fully ....

The Ravens would be Smart to draft a QB , Tag n Trade Jackson
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Franchise TAG for Lamar will happen but I am not sure he will be a ravens next year.A trade and a new contract with a another team is possible for Lamar.Or it could be very ugly
    I think you may be right.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    NFC South? Maybe Sean Payton returns to NOLA and has LJ and Taysom.

Panthers? Darnold can’t buy a break. Maybe LJ can also be the HC as well as the QB and RB.

Falcons? Give Arthur Smith LJ, Dez Ridder, and Mariota. Who needs a mobile QB?

The Buccs WRs might actually be able to get open with the threat of LJ running.

I tease, but do any of these make sense?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    NFC South? Maybe Sean Payton returns to NOLA and has LJ and Taysom.

Panthers? Darnold can’t buy a break. Maybe LJ can also be the HC as well as the QB and RB.

Falcons? Give Arthur Smith LJ, Dez Ridder, and Mariota. Who needs a mobile QB?

The Buccs WRs might actually be able to get open with the threat of LJ running.

I tease, but do any of these make sense?
    I think the Saints would be most logical and I think the Bucs would be more than happy to say bye bye Brady for LaMar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I would laugh if Payton comes back and the land LJ. They would instantly be the favorite of the horrible division.

Maybe the Jets?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The 230 million guaranteed contract Watson got wrecked the relationship between Lamar and the Ravens. Lamar was going to demand more and wasn't budging.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The 230 million guaranteed contract Watson got wrecked the relationship between Lamar and the Ravens. Lamar was going to demand more and wasn't budging.

The Browns are now finding ways to destroy other teams besides themselves!

They're trying to take everyone down with them.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The Browns are now finding ways to destroy other teams besides themselves!

They're trying to take everyone down with them.
    What would be worse is if a team actually followed the Browns model!

^^^^^
    We can only hope!

Member Array title="Crossdog will become famous soon enough"> Crossdog's Avatar

Once they fired/let go of Greg Roman, I thought to myself...."well they have moved on from Lamar too I bet." Huntley didn't kill them except for that GL stretch and fumble. I would like to think they got cocky and thought they can replicate LJ with Huntley and that's why Roman was let go, because he disagreed. But then again I like to imagine the Ratbirds making bad decisions all the time and Harbaugh in a constant state of ulceritis. Goes with the Steelers fandom I guess.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossdog View Post
    Once they fired/let go of Greg Roman, I thought to myself...."well they have moved on from Lamar too I bet." Huntley didn't kill them except for that GL stretch and fumble. I would like to think they got cocky and thought they can replicate LJ with Huntley and that's why Roman was let go, because he disagreed. But then again I like to imagine the Ratbirds making bad decisions all the time and Harbaugh in a constant state of ulceritis. Goes with the Steelers fandom I guess.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

I don't know which is worse. Giving man who is addicted to video games and had it written in contract than he must spend 4 hours per week watching film / studying the play book a 175+ million dollar contact. Giving a guy accused of sexual misconduct ( He's addicted to massages ) by 26 women a 175+ million dollar contact or giving Lamar Jackson a sulky man with the media and player who has missed 10 games in two seasons a contact and did not even bother to show up for their playoff game a 200+ million dollar contract! Of course the Browns move was un-excusable. 40 percent if the NFL fans, so they say are women. Ask them.

All three players did not play to their standards this year. The teams who paid them will learn the hard way that the salary cap is a bit@h.

Come on Ravens pay the man! I think the satiation has changed for the worse and the Ravens are quietly trying to trade Lamar Jackson. Part of the problem is what team has the cap space to meet his demands and is willing to part with draft picks for this very over rated player?
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

If they do tag and trade LJ...

I guess the Ravens could go with Anthony Brown as their starter next season. I don't know anything about him other than he was a 1yr starter at Oregon. Maybe they bring in a Josh Dobbs type to back him up. I bet the haul in picks would be worth it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lamar Jackson

What team is going to give up that haul of picks and what would the price be?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I have no idea. I was just going off that article. If it's something real, I say make the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I have no idea. I was just going off that article. If it's something real, I say make the trade.
    Yeah…I would to. Not looking, was just wondering who may have some draft capital, cap space and the craziness to do it…

Yeah…I would to. Not looking, was just wondering who may have some draft capital, cap space and the craziness to do it…
    Kyle Shanahan?

I don’t think LJ will ever develop into a great passer, so some group with a good defense and weapons that can create splash plays from anywhere.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I could see the Colts making a move for LJ.

Jets?

Lamar Jackson

Right now (for 2023) Houston, Seattle and Detroit have the most draft capital (in that order).

For 2023, Houston, Seattle and Detroit are all in the Top-10 in salary cap space (early on) with a minimum of $15M available. Houston is on the top end at $37.1M available.

Now Chicago is #1 in salary cap space and 4th in draft capital…they also could use Justin Fields as a HUGE part of that deal and still walk away with most of their draft stock…that would be a blockbuster, crazy trade…

The Jets are 18th in 2023 DC and 18th in 2023 SC.

Colts are 8th in DC and 13th in SC with 5.8M available.

Do the 49ers have the capital to do it? Maybe with Trey Lance in the deal and someone else? They’ll most likely be heading down that Rams Super Bowl run road…but if it brings them a Championship…I say go for it…

Obviously, these SC numbers aren’t 100% accurate as some teams aren’t even running with a full roster at this point. But it gives an idea of where teams may stand?

I could see him being traded to Detroit…it’s out of the AFC, they may have the capital to do it. They can then trade Goff (either in the deal) or later to regain a bit of draft picks that they may have given up. And the Lions could be wacky enough to do it…

1. LJ has finished his last 2 seasons on IR.
    2. I don't think he has improved much at all as a passer and wasn't very good at it to begin with.
    3. LJ is a 1-time league MVP.
    4. The Ravens currently only have 1 QB under contract, I think. Anthony Brown, 2022 rookie out of Oregon.
    5. LJ wants a fully guaranteed contract for Deshawn Watson money. I don't think he has ever specifically said 'with the Ravens'.
    6. The Ravens have the option to franchise tag LJ. LJ has the option to sit out like Bell did with the Steelers.

I don't think LJ gets the guaranteed money contract he's looking for. I don't think the Ravens get the leader/player they want at QB if/when they franchise tag him. Tag and trade seems like maybe the best option on the table for both sides from that 'on the field' angle. I don't want him traded within the conference though, because we know how to beat him in Baltimore.

I guess this could end up just like the Le'veon Bell situation did and LJ literally sits out an entire season. The fruits of that particular situation should tell LJ it's a bad move to sit out. The franchise tag will cost the Ravens $32M for that 1 season. That's not a good option for the Ravens.

This is going to be interesting to watch how it ends. For trade partners, suggestions so far have been the Colts and Jets. There is a rumor of the Colts sending Jonathan Taylor to the Rams for the 37th overall pick. The Colts would then have #'s 36 and 37 overall. Would those 2 picks packaged be enough for Baltimore to tag and trade LJ? I can't really find anything on the rumor mill on the Jets other than they hold the #13 overall pick, are eyeing Derek Carr fairly intently, and are targeting a LT in this draft. None of that suggests interest in a trade for LJ to me. Or maybe it's all smokescreen?

There evidently was a wishlist that LaMar had…Eagles, Dolphins and Lions are on that list (this was beginning of last season). Of those three teams, only the Lions would probably be willing to make that deal and Jackson could vault that team to the playoffs. However, would the lions care to do a deal like below?

Or are they content with Jared Goff?

Or do they want to pick their own guy through the draft and roll with trying to groom him to be their guy…

Definitely will be interesting to see how it plays out…

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Doubt the Lions pull that move. I think those types of moves for QB's or marquee players should only be done if they're just that step away from being a contender, like the Rams last year, or Denver when they got Manning.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

If the Lions made that trade they’re including Goff in their package. Goff had a better season than LJ (before the injury). If the Ravens could get Goff and a couple 1’s they’d win that trade.