Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Footbahlin w/ Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Footbahlin w/ Ben Roethlisberger

This is why I hate when people brings up, or ask about someone's religion/beliefs. It's a vibe killer. Not every thinks the same, just as politics.

Go Steelers!!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    This is why I hate when people brings up, or ask about someone's religion/beliefs. It's a vibe killer. Not every thinks the same, just as politics.

Go Steelers!!!!
    The key is don’t bash or mock other people’s beliefs. It’s called having respect for others.

That said, Ben’s beliefs are part of his podcast and that’s what this thread is about — his podcast.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    I will agree with that . but its there skit . but we have a fast foreword lol
    ok, I’ll confess just like Ben … I tried really hard to zoom in on your avatar.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I ask this as forthright as I know how.

How come expressing opinions or points of view that don’t align with someone’s faith is “snide” or “mocking” or whatever negative you prefer.

But the assumption that everyone NEEDS to believe as you do or their destined for eternal damnation is not only good, but you should tell everyone how they’re going to hell if they don’t get right. It’s the same thing.

Like what if you’re not right? Show up to the after life and dude is like As-Salaam-Alaikum!

Or what if turns out eating pork really is a big deal and all that bacon messes up my afterlife plans?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

How come expressing opinions or points of view that don’t align with someone’s faith is “snide” or “mocking” or whatever negative you prefer.

But the assumption that everyone NEEDS to believe as you do or their destined for eternal damnation is not only good, but you should tell everyone how they’re going to hell if they don’t get right. It’s the same thing.

Like what if you’re not right? Show up to the after life and dude is like As-Salaam-Alaikum!

Or what if turns out eating pork really is a big deal and all that bacon messes up my afterlife plans?
    There's thousands of religions around the world and every one says they're right, who do we know which one's right or wrong? Somebody's gonna be disappointed. Somebody's wasting their fucking time. Could it be... EVERYONE? (another carlin reference sue me lol)
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You’re not expressing opinions. You’re making jokes. Why isn’t it cool to make jokes about black people or gay people? Because you’ve been taught to have respect for others. You can make jokes or mock all you want. Just don’t try to pretend that’s not what you’re doing. Anyway, I didn’t bring this subject up, but I’ll sure weigh in on it when it is. I’m now officially weighing out of the subject. Until next time.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You’re not expressing opinions. You’re making jokes. Why isn’t it cool to make jokes about black people or gay people? Because you’ve been taught to have respect for others. You can make jokes or mock all you want. Just don’t try to pretend that’s not what you’re doing. Anyway, I didn’t bring this subject up, but I’ll sure weigh in on it when it is. I’m now officially weighing out of the subject. Until next time.
    It’s not cool to make fun of someone for the color of their skin. Same with having a specific faith.

But you can totally make jokes on anyone’s bad haircut. Just like I can or anyone else can make jokes about how some churches operate.

I never said being a Christian was dumb, wrong, or whatever else is often assumed.

I did say that churches that guilt their parishioners out of money are gross and make me wonder what all powerful supernatural beings spend money on. This is a well worn cliche and barely qualifies as a joke. That’s how tired it is.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Because you don't have a choice when it comes to being black, or gay. You do have a choice whether to believe a fairy tale or not.

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Because you don't have a choice when it comes to being black, or gay. You do have a choice whether to believe a fairy tale or not.
    Well, that's kind of the point. To YOU, they are fairy tales. Obviously, to true believers, the stories are very real. You don't have to believe what the true believers believe, but you could be respectful of the fact that they believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well, that's kind of the point. To YOU, they are fairy tales. Obviously, to true believers, the stories are very real. You don't have to believe what the true believers believe, but you could be respectful of the fact that they believe it.
    Fair enough, I'll drop it. Never intended for the thread to go off the rails the way it did, so I apologize about that

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess there is NO chance of getting back on topic. Most of the posts on the last two pages, belong somewhere else…….like maybe “Soap Box”.

Ok. In addition to this football podcast, what are some others that folks enjoy?

I like the offerings by the Athletic.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ok. In addition to this football podcast, what are some others that folks enjoy?

The only other thing I’ve listened to are lacrosse podcasts and Cam Heyward’s. Im not a big podcast guy but I’m also looking for some other good ones to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The story about Ben’s broken nose told by Tomlin has to be my favorite moment from the podcast so far. Nobody wanted to look at Ben directly and Ben kept asking how he looked. All in the timeout huddle.
    The Tomlin one is the only one of listened to all the way through, and it was indeed a good one. And yeah, I love hearing stories from the insiders’ perspective that we previously all only know about as fans watching it happen.

I’m sure it’s not just me, but it really made me happy getting a window in to Ben’s relationship with Tomlin. Ben even made a little sideways reference to Tomlin’s near tripping incident on the sidelines of that kick return, and Tomlin took it with great humor.

Also loved Ben’s question about Tomlin’s favorite defense, and Tomlin’s thoughtful answer comparing the Bucs’ defense to the Steelers’ 2010 defense, and why they were both great in different ways.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The pivot with Ryan Clark, Channing Crowder and Fred Taylor

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

T.J Watt is Next!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    The pivot with Ryan Clark, Channing Crowder and Fred Taylor

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, The Pivot is good.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    T.J Watt is Next!
    Nice! When is that one? Next week?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Nice! When is that one? Next week?
    Sunday night I think

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just watched the Bill Cowher episode. That was a great one. Both of the coaches episodes are by far my favorites. So far...

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

There's thousands of religions around the world and every one says they're right, who do we know which one's right or wrong? Somebody's gonna be disappointed. Somebody's wasting their fucking time. Could it be... EVERYONE? (another carlin reference sue me lol)
    More Carlin makes the world a better place
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Big Ben & TJ Watt talk hardest hits, winning Super Bowls, family competition and more! Ep. 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkt...ature=youtu.be

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Nice…he finally got him on!! I’m a few episodes behind. I love the podcast. He had some great stories with the second Charlie Batch show as well.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I started over watching from episode1. Just finished the 2 with Hoge and then the no guest episode after the elk hunt. So far not a bad episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I started over watching from episode1. Just finished the 2 with Hoge and then the no guest episode after the elk hunt. So far not a bad episode.
    I haven’t been watching just listening. I should go back and watch…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Bus goes in depth about the whole Rams fallout. Never knew the details.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

“They didn’t call me the Bus because I was scared of eatin “ he was eating the entire second half of the episode. The Bus looks in great shape! I was in Canton for his induction. Only sorry I couldn’t make it for Troy. Will make it for Ben’s. If you’ve never been……GO!! Check with me for places to stay.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar