Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills Rookie Punter Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year Old

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bills Rookie Punter Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year Old

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Bills Rookie Punter Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year Old

WTF…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ruh-roh Shaggy.

This should play out calmly with a great degree of respect, empathy, and reasonable people all around.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Get your rapes and murders done before you enter the league!

I predict that if there's video evidence, that position will change.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

bruh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Only 65 more accusations…

…and the Browns will become interested.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ruh-roh Shaggy.

This should play out calmly with a great degree of respect, empathy, and reasonable people all around.
    Uh huh.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

soooooooooooooooo .......

let me get this straight .....

no police investigation ? no criminal complaint ? and wait a year until the guy is an NFL player and THEN file for $$$ damages and not Justice ???

makes sense to me .... I mean why would you want your potential meal ticket in life to go to prison ...........

sorry if I sound callous but I am not a fan of skipping the Justice portion of the legal system and instead looking for a payday as it opens up to many false claims in a get rich quick scheme , ask Jerome Bettis how that shit works
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

soooooooooooooooo .......

let me get this straight .....

no police investigation ? no criminal complaint ? and wait a year until the guy is an NFL player and THEN file for $$$ damages and not Justice ???

makes sense to me .... I mean why would you want your potential meal ticket in life to go to prison ...........

sorry if I sound callous but I am not a fan of skipping the Justice portion of the legal system and instead looking for a payday as it opens up to many false claims in a get rich quick scheme , ask Jerome Bettis how that shit works
    I believe in this case it actually was reported to the police soon after and they may still bring charges ... one report said they tracked down a bunch of witnesses and the woman set up a phone call recorded by police where she got the guy to admit some of it.

I despise the drive-by accusation - which may or may not be accompanied by a half-assed criminal complaint where they back out right away - as much as anyone. But this one sounds like it was not that. One of the lawyers said the civil suit was a way to get the prosecutor's office to stop dicking around and make a decision. But he's a lawyer, so take that as you will.

It would be a pretty ironic indictment of the NFL's conduct policy if they fought tooth and nail to bring the hammer down on Watson in the he-said she-said case, and then a loophole means nothing at all happens for what may have actually been a serious crime. This is why it's a bad idea for companies to host their own extrajudicial justice systems, they're not good at it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

He’s a 6th round punter…that ain’t a payday… lol. Plus they supposedly have him admitting it on a phone call?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s a 6th round punter…that ain’t a payday… lol. Plus they supposedly have him admitting it on a phone call?
    it is for some..........

Good to see the Bills stepped up and released him. Matt Berkeley is punting for them tonight.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I’ve got to laugh at everyone calling for Watson to get banned for a year plus or happy this punter getting released, yet Ben was wrongfully accused by a money hungry whore. Be consistent.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I’ve got to laugh at everyone calling for Watson to get banned for a year plus or happy this punter getting released, yet Ben was wrongfully accused by a money hungry whore. Be consistent.
    I for one wanted Ben cut or traded and said so many times over at Steelers Fever. I’m glad he turned his life around though.

Ben maintained and found innocent and even counter sued. Watson has been wishy washy in his stance, one minute he says he’s innocent, then he’s apologizing and then he’s innocent again. this guy allegedly admitted to it on a phone message.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — A major public backlash coupled with the graphic details contained in a lawsuit alleging Matt Araiza’s involvement in a gang rape of a teenager last fall, left Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane little choice but to release the team’s rookie punter on Saturday.

The decision to cut ties with the 22-year-old represents a major reversal for the Bills, coming two days after they backed the player based on the findings of what the team called its “thorough examination” of the allegations filed in the lawsuit.

so they backed him based on everything in the filing , then changed their mind and said later in this piece

“But at this time, we just think it’s the best move for everyone to move on from Matt and let him take care of this situation and focus on that. So, we’re gonna part ways there,” Beane added.
    makes one wonder if a counter suit is coming soon , but she likely doesn't have anything to give , nor does he at this point ...its a battle over reputations now

Why no criminal charges? If it's all about the civil she should've waited until he got paid.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Why no criminal charges? If it's all about the civil she should've waited until he got paid.
    There is a criminal case that I think is still open, they have just taken a long ass time to do anything.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

sign the man Khan

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

We are consistent, we defend Steelers, fuck everybody else

I personally could give a shit what Watson does, but if the NFL decides to stick it to the Browns, the longer and harder the better. They deserve the worst just for being the Browns
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The difference is Watson was accused by like 1000 women. OK...I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Even after settling with a large number of women, there is still an outstanding case against him with a woman that doesn't want money. She wants him punished for what he is accused of doing to her.

That comparison doesn't even apply here.

In Matt Araiza, we're talking about a guy that was accused of something, but was cleared because he wasn't even at the location where the alleged crime occurred. That is the definition of being innocent.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The difference is Watson was accused by like 1000 women. OK...I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Even after settling with a large number of women, there is still an outstanding case against him with a woman that doesn't want money. She wants him punished for what he is accused of doing to her.

That comparison doesn't even apply here.

In Matt Araiza, we're talking about a guy that was accused of something, but was cleared because he wasn't even at the location where the alleged crime occurred. That is the definition of being innocent.
    Let’s be clear. I suspect Araiza is innocent of the allegations but the ONLY evidence provided that he wasn’t at the party is the testimony of his close friend. No other corroboration has been provided. Because there’s a drunk victim and multiple conflicting stories, the AZ prosecutors declined the case.

If someone could get the $$$ and the warrant, all they’d have to do is drop a geofence around the house and they could get a digital time stamp on when everyone entered and left the location from their phones.

Then we’d see whose lying about what. There is just as much chance of dude being innocent as there is that his buddy is lying his ass off.

Point being, this is far from over and likely will keep him out of football for this upcoming season.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Let’s be clear. I suspect Araiza is innocent of the allegations but the ONLY evidence provided that he wasn’t at the party is the testimony of his close friend. No other corroboration has been provided. Because there’s a drunk victim and multiple conflicting stories, the AZ prosecutors declined the case.

If someone could get the $$$ and the warrant, all they’d have to do is drop a geofence around the house and they could get a digital time stamp on when everyone entered and left the location from their phones.

Then we’d see whose lying about what. There is just as much chance of dude being innocent as there is that his buddy is lying his ass off.

Point being, this is far from over and likely will keep him out of football for this upcoming season.

I'm sure there are a large group of lawyers that would be willing to front all that expense and time if there was a real case and they could make money.

There may have already been more investigating than we know that showed zero evidence that he was involved.

I'm sure there are a large group of lawyers that would be willing to front all that expense and time if there was a real case and they could make money.

There may have already been more investigating than we know that showed zero evidence that he was involved.
    Both true. There is no $$$ to be had here. Not like Araiza has any. And even if he was in the NFL...what is a rookie contract 4th round punter get? Not much in the context of big $$$ lawsuits. The civil suit was filed to spur the criminal suit and investigation. I suspect that if she still believes that her story is the correct one, they will pursue the case while attaching someone with deeper pockets than the Araiza and other families to the case. Someone has to pay for the lawyers after all.

All I wanted to point out is that this thread is funny to me with the various extreme reactions. This is not some angelic great white hope (technically he isn't even white....but that is beside the point) who is being crushed in the gears of the machine. All the screaming headlines that he was "declared innocent" and whatnot are inaccurate. The AZ prosecutor's office investigated and found a single witness that claims dude was not at the party. No one else is able to verify or corroborate that version of the events. Just as any headlines or claims that he is guilty and whatnot are also inaccurate.

For me, this is really easy to figure out. This dude is likely very similar to young Ben R. Both guys liked to have sketchy drunken sex-capades that likely skirted right up to, or even over, the line of legality. I will never be able to know for certain what legal lines either individual crossed. But I can remember what those types of dudes were like in my twenties and be absolutely certain that they are both douche-canoes. And are far from totally innocent in an overall sense. If Araiza did not do this....there is certainly something sketchy or sleazy he has done that no one currently knows about.

Back to football...why would any team put up with that PR nightmare for a punter? And one that no one is sure will experience the same level of NFL success as college success? I mean Harvin won almost all the same accolades when he was in college and I wouldn't tolerate any off-field nonsense for his on-field product....

Both true. There is no $$$ to be had here. Not like Araiza has any. And even if he was in the NFL...what is a rookie contract 4th round punter get? Not much in the context of big $$$ lawsuits. The civil suit was filed to spur the criminal suit and investigation. I suspect that if she still believes that her story is the correct one, they will pursue the case while attaching someone with deeper pockets than the Araiza and other families to the case. Someone has to pay for the lawyers after all.

All I wanted to point out is that this thread is funny to me with the various extreme reactions. This is not some angelic great white hope (technically he isn't even white....but that is beside the point) who is being crushed in the gears of the machine. All the screaming headlines that he was "declared innocent" and whatnot are inaccurate. The AZ prosecutor's office investigated and found a single witness that claims dude was not at the party. No one else is able to verify or corroborate that version of the events. Just as any headlines or claims that he is guilty and whatnot are also inaccurate.

For me, this is really easy to figure out. This dude is likely very similar to young Ben R. Both guys liked to have sketchy drunken sex-capades that likely skirted right up to, or even over, the line of legality. I will never be able to know for certain what legal lines either individual crossed. But I can remember what those types of dudes were like in my twenties and be absolutely certain that they are both douche-canoes. And are far from totally innocent in an overall sense. If Araiza did not do this....there is certainly something sketchy or sleazy he has done that no one currently knows about.

Back to football...why would any team put up with that PR nightmare for a punter? And one that no one is sure will experience the same level of NFL success as college success? I mean Harvin won almost all the same accolades when he was in college and I wouldn't tolerate any off-field nonsense for his on-field product....

I'm not willing to say that Araiza is guilty of something else even if he didn't do this.

I don't know the man. I can't say that he is a criminal with any degree of certainty.

What I do know is this. I have been accused of something that I did not do by a woman in a court of law. I know that women are in a position to make things up for their own rewards or their own satisfaction or for spite in a way that men cannot. In my case my accuser was my soon-to-be ex-wife that would not divorce me even though I filed for divorce. She made me wait 3 years for the marriage to dissolve legally. She stood up in court and accused me of hitting her. She did this because I had filed for custody of my son because she was an unfit mother with phychological issues.....and she wanted all the money and child support that comes with that. People need to understand that what represents real money is an arbitrary number with people and it varies wildly based on each individual situation.

It is hard to explain to someone else what that feeling is like to be accused of something that is considered a crime by another person when those accusations are completely false. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. If you could have seen the way people were looking at me after hearing those lies come out of her mouth with zero substantiation. Everyone who hears about it believes the accusations without knowing the truth.

I wasn't charged because there was no evidence, and even she later admitted it didn't happen. She did, however, get custody of our son. She proceeded to mistreat him and abuse him for years because the system defends women and identifies men as the problem all too often. She was allowed to break every rule and abuse her power of control over her own child. I had to walk the line and do everything right or all would be lost, and I would never see my son again, and he would have to stay in that situation forever.

It took a long time and a lot of money to produce enough evidence to show the system who she really was, but it did happen. I was vindicated, but the damage had already been done for many years. I was awarded custody of my son, and he has become a well-adjusted man that is a great son, husband, and father.

There is a lot more to the story, and I don't want to bare everything here that my son and I had to endure....but I will never forget how my life and my son's life was damaged by the lies of another who was in a position of power because of how the world thinks about things and because there was an unspoken verdict of guilty before ever knowing a single thing about me. My son ultimately paid a much higher price than I did for the lies that came out of his own mother's mouth.

I just want you to understand where I'm coming from. I have real first-hand knowledge and experience of what can happen to someone because of false accusations and assumed guilt. It isn't always the accused that is getting away with crimes. All too often it is the accuser that commits a horrible act by lying to destroy another human being for profit or for satisfaction. Many times, it is the accuser that should be convicted of a crime and punished for their actions. Of course, that almost never happens and they are allowed to live their lives with no repercussions.....and that is wrong.

I have no idea if another team is willing to sign him with the potential PR nightmare that can come down upon them. If there is no damning evidence, I hope that he gets that chance to get his life path back on track and be given the opportunity to succeed following his dream to play in the NFL.

I'm not willing to say that Araiza is guilty of something else even if he didn't do this.

I don't know the man. I can't say that he is a criminal with any degree of certainty.

What I do know is this. I have been accused of something that I did not do by a woman in a court of law. I know that women are in a position to make things up for their own rewards or their own satisfaction or for spite in a way that men cannot. In my case my accuser was my soon-to-be ex-wife that would not divorce me even though I filed for divorce. She made me wait 3 years for the marriage to dissolve legally. She stood up in court and accused me of hitting her. She did this because I had filed for custody of my son because she was an unfit mother with phychological issues.....and she wanted all the money and child support that comes with that. People need to understand that what represents real money is an arbitrary number with people and it varies wildly based on each individual situation.

It is hard to explain to someone else what that feeling is like to be accused of something that is considered a crime by another person when those accusations are completely false. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. If you could have seen the way people were looking at me after hearing those lies come out of her mouth with zero substantiation. Everyone who hears about it believes the accusations without knowing the truth.

I wasn't charged because there was no evidence, and even she later admitted it didn't happen. She did, however, get custody of our son. She proceeded to mistreat him and abuse him for years because the system defends women and identifies men as the problem all too often. She was allowed to break every rule and abuse her power of control over her own child. I had to walk the line and do everything right or all would be lost, and I would never see my son again, and he would have to stay in that situation forever.

It took a long time and a lot of money to produce enough evidence to show the system who she really was, but it did happen. I was vindicated, but the damage had already been done for many years. I was awarded custody of my son, and he has become a well-adjusted man that is a great son, husband, and father.

There is a lot more to the story, and I don't want to bare everything here that my son and I had to endure....but I will never forget how my life and my son's life was damaged by the lies of another who was in a position of power because of how the world thinks about things and because there was an unspoken verdict of guilty before ever knowing a single thing about me. My son ultimately paid a much higher price than I did for the lies that came out of his own mother's mouth.

I just want you to understand where I'm coming from. I have real first-hand knowledge and experience of what can happen to someone because of false accusations and assumed guilt. It isn't always the accused that is getting away with crimes. All too often it is the accuser that commits a horrible act by lying to destroy another human being for profit or for satisfaction. Many times, it is the accuser that should be convicted of a crime and punished for their actions. Of course, that almost never happens and they are allowed to live their lives with no repercussions.....and that is wrong.

I have no idea if another team is willing to sign him with the potential PR nightmare that can come down upon them. If there is no damning evidence, I hope that he gets that chance to get his life path back on track and be given the opportunity to succeed following his dream to play in the NFL.
    Believe it or not, I have multiple close friends that have gone through vile and vicious custody battles, so while I do not know nor will I make claims to know your and your son's experiences, I believe I can start to understand how awful and unjust the process was.

In custody cases, the benefit for lying is clear....what the individual wants to get.

What would be the incentive in this case? Extract millions of pennies from a variety of broke college students?

I have been around college campuses for several decades now. And it is consistently clear that there are always "those guys" at every college. They are sleazy, predatory, and aggressive. Does that make them criminals? Nope. And that is why I said they are not totally innocent...they are douchebags that likely are avoided by the majority of the existing coed population...which is why they are trolling for underage high school girls and new freshmen. Because, again only based on being around college campuses for a long time, every version of events I have read in public reads like that scenario.

What would be the incentive in this case? Extract millions of pennies from a variety of broke college students?
    A soon-to-be NFL player.