Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bills Rookie Punter Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year Old

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Bills Rookie Punter Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year Old

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    A soon-to-be NFL player.
    Then it would be better to sue AFTER he has already gotten paid. Going ASAP destroys your chances at a pay-day as the dude is out of the league. If we are going to ascribe mercenary motives to people should we not assume they would be ruthlessly efficient and goal oriented?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Believe it or not, I have multiple close friends that have gone through vile and vicious custody battles, so while I do not know nor will I make claims to know your and your son's experiences, I believe I can start to understand how awful and unjust the process was.

In custody cases, the benefit for lying is clear....what the individual wants to get.

What would be the incentive in this case? Extract millions of pennies from a variety of broke college students?

I have been around college campuses for several decades now. And it is consistently clear that there are always "those guys" at every college. They are sleazy, predatory, and aggressive. Does that make them criminals? Nope. And that is why I said they are not totally innocent...they are douchebags that likely are avoided by the majority of the existing coed population...which is why they are trolling for underage high school girls and new freshmen. Because, again only based on being around college campuses for a long time, every version of events I have read in public reads like that scenario.

He only made just over $216,000 before being cut.

His original contract was for 4 years $3,876,148.

That's enough money to get people excited about. His future earnings are also in play.

I'm not really sure why you can't see the value or understand someone's motive or incentive. He may also be able to sue the Colts for wrongful termination and get his money.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/matt...20NFL%20Draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it would be better to sue AFTER he has already gotten paid. Going ASAP destroys your chances at a pay-day as the dude is out of the league. If we are going to ascribe mercenary motives to people should we not assume they would be ruthlessly efficient and goal oriented?

I think you are giving way too much credit to the cognitive abilities of people who would do something like that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

That's where people aren't so bright. I've seen the same thing many times. Everyone isn't as smart as you and me.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He only made just over $216,000 before being cut.

His original contract was for 4 years $3,876,148.

That's enough money to get people excited about. His future earnings are also in play.

I'm not really sure why you can't see the value or understand someone's motive or incentive. He may also be able to sue the Colts for wrongful termination and get his money.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/matt...20NFL%20Draft.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are giving way too much credit to the cognitive abilities of people who would do something like that.

the thing is SHE was willing to settle for 50k ( those are the kind of numbers you openly tell the other side you will take to make it go away when you know you likely do not have much if any of a case) Matt said thanks but no thanks , I am not paying you for something I didnt do ......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now