Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Worst offensive line in the NFL?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Worst offensive line in the NFL?

A simple and obvious "we need to be better" would have sufficed...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    A simple and obvious "we need to be better" would have sufficed...
    Or they look like they are getting better since preseason…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Be interesting to find the full interview and the response that Filliponi pulled his "scare quote" from.

I am willing to bet that in the actual context, Canada is likely responding far more like how people want him to. Gonna guess that Poni is just trolling...again.

Anyone have a link to the actual interview? Hopefully a written version. I have no interest in looking/listening to the whole thing.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Be interesting to find the full interview and the response that Filliponi pulled his "scare quote" from.

I am willing to bet that in the actual context, Canada is likely responding far more like how people want him to. Gonna guess that Poni is just trolling...again.

Anyone have a link to the actual interview? Hopefully a written version. I have no interest in looking/listening to the whole thing.
    Poni is being Poni. He's butt hurt because Pickett's not starting

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I can't find the latest Canada interview, so sorry about that!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Poni is being Poni. He's butt hurt because Pickett's not starting
    Sounds about right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I can't find the latest Canada interview, so sorry about that!
    Now worries! Was just curious and this group is really good at finding stuff so I thought I would ask.

After Sunday afternoon, none of this will matter anyways. We are going to see what it all actually looks like. Can't wait!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'll just say again that breaking this season down into 4 week sections and then looking for improvement at different positions as well as overall, from one to the next section, will tell the tale better than preseason has. If after 6 weeks there is little to no improvement, that's just who we are. If there is noticeable to significant improvement, the sky becomes the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'll just say again that breaking this season down into 4 week sections and then looking for improvement at different positions as well as overall, from one to the next section, will tell the tale better than preseason has. If after 6 weeks there is little to no improvement, that's just who we are. If there is noticeable to significant improvement, the sky becomes the limit.
    But with the bills and the bucs in week 5 and 6,if the steelers are not better that 2-2,they could be in big trouble....The o-line can not be garbage from the start.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But with the bills and the bucs in week 5 and 6,if the steelers are not better that 2-2,they could be in big trouble....The o-line can not be garbage from the start.
    Improvement does not equal wins. No improvement doesn't mean losses. It's an evaluation of progress for individual position groups AND team as a whole. About week 6(barring a rash of injuries) is when you really know who you are this season. Not a set in granite number, just an average.

Nobody wants garbage. Also, nobody has much of a clue what this offense will or is supposed to look like.

Here’s the full Canada quote:

“I feel good where they are right now,” offensive coordinator Matt Canada said. “We are moving in the right direction. New faces jelling together, trying to find out what each guy does well. It doesn’t matter what is going on or what the results are. We are never going to say that we are a finished product. We are working on it, and we must continue getting better at all spots.”

That seems fine?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Here’s the full Canada quote:

“I feel good where they are right now,” offensive coordinator Matt Canada said. “We are moving in the right direction. New faces jelling together, trying to find out what each guy does well. It doesn’t matter what is going on or what the results are. We are never going to say that we are a finished product. We are working on it, and we must continue getting better at all spots.”

That seems fine?
    When you think how long Pouncey, DeCastro, and Foster were together. Foster may have been a slightly above average guard, but he was a strong leader of that OL. I don’t see anyone, (yet) standing out as a leader of our O-line. Part of me is amazed that Ben actually came back last year, without his guys.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

@teegre needs to stop lying about O line rankings and just read this thread for all the real answers.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    @teegre needs to stop lying about O line rankings and just read this thread for all the real answers.
    This thread and the comments were made before the season.....Things can change after some game....

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Pundits were wrong about this being the worst o-line, but right about Mitch being the worst QB
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

What has changed?

I just don't see how the line not being a total disaster doesn't mean it still isn't awful.

Like my brain is not in good working order most days....but MT clearly doesn't feel comfortable behind the line and in many of the various threads critiquing his play, it is repeatedly pointed out that his pockets aren't great. Just because he hasn't been sacked a ton doesn't mean they are doing well. The OL play is PART of the reason for the conservative approach and the Captain Checkdown Dumpoff style of play by MT.

In the run game? Yeesh...I don't know enough to get into it, but from couch it looks bad.