Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst offensive line in the NFL?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Worst offensive line in the NFL?

Yeesh! Maybe worst Steelers OL yet.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Offensive Line looked marginally better with Pickett under center than with Mitch, so I'm not buying this yet. Either they don't have confidence that they can block for Mitch, or they are that poor.

Also the garbage referees didn't help either. Offsides and Offensive Holding on the same play? Yeah, screw that.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I was wrong about James Daniels. I thought that he would be our best O-lineman… and he’s looked less-than-stellar.

Cole has played better at center than I had hoped… and I was only hoping that he’d be better than Green (which he definitely is).

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I was wrong about James Daniels. I thought that he would be our best O-lineman… and he’s looked less-than-stellar.

Cole has played better at center than I had hoped… and I was only hoping that he’d be better than Green (which he definitely is).
    As a Chicago Bulls fan, I've had discussions with Bears fans and they all warned me not to buy in the offseason "hype" of Daniels. They let him go for a reason despite having a bad line. Looks like they be right.

Agreed with Cole. He won't be looked at as a Pro Bowler but he'll be solid. Which tbh is what we've had at the spot the last couple of years, well besides last season with KG.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

wrong thread
    Last edited by polamalubeast; 08-21-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Sometimes it's a huge difference between watching the game and only watching the stats and not the game.

The Jags only had one sack yesterday on defense but it was still a clinic by their D-line!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    That’s so true.

Thanks for posting that Pickett Film Breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Thinking back to when our interior OL was prime Pouncey with Foster and DeCastro on either side. I miss that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

rollerskates green

Better player...Green or Jonathan Scott?

Better player...Green or Jonathan Scott?
    Easily Scott. Green is soooooooo bad.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Move Daniels to LG, have Cole and Dotson compete for RG, and try out Hassenauer at Center. See if Banner wants to come back on a cheaper deal to be a backup swing tackle. Sign Eric Fisher. Free Tibet. Remember the Alamo.

That wasn't rollerskates. That was just flat footed poor technique and effort. Looks like he anticipates an outside move and angles that way. The defender just ran past him on the inside instead. Maybe had he taken a step back to set himself he would have been in better shape? Looks like his assignment there was fairly obvious.

Once again KP takes a hit.

The worst Steelers o-line I've seen was the first half of the season in 2013 when the Steelers gave like 30 sacks in the first 8 games despite being in a quick passing offense with Todd Haley....They gave only 9 sacks after that when they changed OL coach during the season, since our o-line coach was possibly the worst coach ever!

But my point is I just hope it will not be bad at this level....The Steelers need to look at the players who are going to be available either in the trade block or through the cut but is it is realistic to find good player at this time?...I'm not sure

Green is really disgracing that number 53. There’s really nothing positive about him...

The worst Steelers o-line I've seen was the first half of the season in 2013 when the Steelers gave like 30 sacks in the first 8 games despite being in a quick passing offense with Todd Haley....They gave only 9 sacks after that when they changed OL coach during the season, since our o-line coach was possibly the worst coach ever!

But my point is I just hope it will not be bad at this level....The Steelers need to look at the players who are going to be available either in the trade block or through the cut but is it is realistic to find good player at this time?...I'm not sure
    If they want to pay draft capital to get some decent O-Line play, they could do that. KC comes to mind. They don’t do that though. I suspect they may watch the waiver wire but other than that and maybe a free agent signing...it’s gonna be bad...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they want to pay draft capital to get some decent O-Line play, they could do that. KC comes to mind. They don’t do that though. I suspect they may watch the waiver wire but other than that and maybe a free agent signing...it’s gonna be bad...
    They need to be lucky!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Much the same as the "trade for Roquan" logic - if they want to trade right now for OL guys, even ones that will be pricey, this is the one year the Steelers can afford to do it. Bush has been looking serviceable so I won't really complain if we trade for a premium OL piece right now. The trouble is, I don't think there are any out there for the getting.

What's the issue(s) with Billy Price? Wasn't he a hyped Center in the draft? Injuries? Bad play? Combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Much the same as the "trade for Roquan" logic - if they want to trade right now for OL guys, even ones that will be pricey, this is the one year the Steelers can afford to do it. Bush has been looking serviceable so I won't really complain if we trade for a premium OL piece right now. The trouble is, I don't think there are any out there for the getting.
    I would gladly give up two years worth of first round picks for two talented veteran offensive linemen. No brainer.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Move Daniels to LG, have Cole and Dotson compete for RG, and try out Hassenauer at Center. See if Banner wants to come back on a cheaper deal to be a backup swing tackle. Sign Eric Fisher. Free Tibet. Remember the Alamo.
    Any reason they should not sign Fisher? We have the money?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They missed so bad on Kendrick Green.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    He might be on the wrong side of the hill but we did that with Flozell Adams and wound up with a ring. If the staff truly believe there's a legitimate shot at a playoff run if they improve the O-line then there's no excuse not to do it. The next couple weeks will tell.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    That wasn't rollerskates. That was just flat footed poor technique and effort. Looks like he anticipates an outside move and angles that way. The defender just ran past him on the inside instead. Maybe had he taken a step back to set himself he would have been in better shape? Looks like his assignment there was fairly obvious.

Once again KP takes a hit.
    Agreed, the other 4 O linemen kick step in pass protection, while Green was just flat footed and square. The 3 O linemen are blocking 3 on 2 slide protection on the right side, so for Green and Moore it should be inside-out sets and Green just stays flat footed. Poor technique.

- - - Updated - - -

I only got thru the first half of the game that I recorded and Dan Moore was really bad. He got flat footed in pass protection frequently, didnt punch and in the run game he got downfield to block for Warren and never took on a defender. Maybe playing to not get hurt in the preseason or something, but he looks worse than he did as a rookie.

James Daniels too gets too high in his pass sets and isnt in a position to move his feet to stick with his defender. He does better in the run game blocking, but pass protection was not strong. Both are correctable, but I am still wondering if Dan Moore is just a RT and playing LT is too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Did he retire because of injury??

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Bottom third, for sure...