Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Pickens!!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

George Pickens!!!!

He is so good right now that I expect him to see some double team in the first game of the year against the Bengals!

Re: George Pickens!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

He is going to be a top WR

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Damn he's already looking like a WR1, his body control for a rookie is scary good.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Heh heh hehe...Off the field issues....once again the NFL proves they're mostly dumb on evals leading up to the draft.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    What’s and tweet even mean??

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What’s and tweet even mean??
    It's the choreography for the dance I think.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Heh heh hehe...Off the field issues....once again the NFL proves they're mostly dumb on evals leading up to the draft.
    Does he have off field issues?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He waved after the block. The man is a savage.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    His behavioral incidents were both ON THE FIELD. Got into a scuffle and another time squirted someone with a water bottle (opposing players on both).

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Pickens really trolling AB the dance and now this that someone put together ...

for me this is saying ......

Hey AB look at ME , I am in game 1 of my career and am already getting a chance to watch myself play , Yeah its cool but not better than Jesus ... just sayin
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    His behavioral incidents were both ON THE FIELD. Got into a scuffle and another time squirted someone with a water bottle (opposing players on both).
    Yeah. Those were the two. I guess I should've said "character concerns".

Point still holds. I'm not sure many observers wouod have him as the 10th WR off the board and we've not even played a real gsme.

For people whose primary job is to figure this stuff out, they're just not good at it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pickens really trolling AB the dance and now this that someone put together ...

for me this is saying ......

Hey AB look at ME , I am in game 1 of my career and am already getting a chance to watch myself play , Yeah its cool but not better than Jesus ... just sayin
    If I understand it correctly, the NFL created that… which is even more SAVAGE!!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Well, I'm absolutely sure he's going to get a taunting penalty sooner rather than later. He's very chippy and we will just have to deal with the growing pains while he's pulling Tomlin's shoe out his ass. And I'm pretty sure Tomlin already anticipates it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Well, I'm absolutely sure he's going to get a taunting penalty sooner rather than later. He's very chippy and we will just have to deal with the growing pains while he's pulling Tomlin's shoe out his ass. And I'm pretty sure Tomlin already anticipates it.
    Fortunately, it will most likely come after a TD… so the yardage will be assessed on the ensuing kickoff.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Let me tell you what, though, if we didn't give Diontae Johnson a big contract, we wouldn't have STABILITY. Who on the roster could play WR1? Just a bunch of question marks like this guy, what a nobody.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Yeah because having multiple incredibly talented WRs hasn't been the league wide recipe for success. Not at all.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yeah because having multiple incredibly talented WRs hasn't been the league wide recipe for success. Not at all.
    Huh, that's weird, I don't remember anyone saying that two weeks ago. It was all "We have nobody. NOBODY!"

And then I was like, "Well we just drafted a guy, I'm not too worried," and was met by a chorus of "That's crazy, you don't even know if he'll be any good!!! What are you, some kind of crazy cowboy risk-taker?!?" I don't remember anything about multiple receivers, it was Johnson or Nothing.

So yeah, I guess I'll rub your noses in it for a little bit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Huh, that's weird, I don't remember anyone saying that two weeks ago. It was all "We have nobody. NOBODY!"

And then I was like, "Well we just drafted a guy, I'm not too worried," and was met by a chorus of "That's crazy, you don't even know if he'll be any good!!! What are you, some kind of crazy cowboy risk-taker?!?" I don't remember anything about multiple receivers, it was Johnson or Nothing.

No one said that it was DJ and some barren wasteland. Everyone agrees the talent pool at WR is deeper than anywhere else on the roster.

Whst was said was that there was no proven NFL X WR on the roster aside from DJ.

And that is still true.

Read Tomlin's discussion of talent versus skill with Pickens. He's not ready to be the #1 focus of an entire passing offense. A WR group is like a basketball team. Set roles and a variety of body types. Right now, if Pickens makes anyone superfluous on the roster it is Claypool. It might be DJ in a couple of years. Right when DJ is either super cuttable cap wise or when his contract expires. Weird. No way Khan planned that.

The Vikings didn't dumo Cris Carter and Jske Reed because they drafted Randy Moss.

The Bengals are not moving on from Tee Higgins because they have Chase.

Yeah. Those were the two. I guess I should've said "character concerns".

Point still holds. I'm not sure many observers wouod have him as the 10th WR off the board and we've not even played a real gsme.

For people whose primary job is to figure this stuff out, they're just not good at it.
    Really…no one is good at evaluating talent. It’s just who can make the best educated guess and get lucky.

But you still don’t know if he’s going to be good. Lol. Sure the arrow points up but that’s still no guarantee. The arrow pointed up after Dri Archers first preseason game…

Even if Pickens is pro bowl talent, it’s more than stupid to trade Johnson. Thank God you’re not the GM. It must eat you alive to see good receiving corps out there…take the Buccaneers with Evans, Jones, Godwin, Gage, Miller…yikes. At least two of those guys should be traded.

No one said that it was DJ and some barren wasteland. Everyone agrees the talent pool at WR is deeper than anywhere else on the roster.

Whst was said was that there was no proven NFL X WR on the roster aside from DJ.

And that is still true.

Read Tomlin's discussion of talent versus skill with Pickens. He's not ready to be the #1 focus of an entire passing offense. A WR group is like a basketball team. Set roles and a variety of body types. Right now, if Pickens makes anyone superfluous on the roster it is Claypool. It might be DJ in a couple of years. Right when DJ is either super cuttable cap wise or when his contract expires. Weird. No way Khan planned that.

The Vikings didn't dumo Cris Carter and Jske Reed because they drafted Randy Moss.

The Bengals are not moving on from Tee Higgins because they have Chase.
    It was never "dump Johnson because we found another receiver," it was "trade Johnson for a good offer, use that to draft someone else good, and use whatever money you would have paid him to sign one or two OTHER badass players." Basically get two good players for several years, at the expense of slightly less talent at WR for a year, or maybe not even. But you go ahead and keep changing it to whatever you think makes it look like you were right all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank God you’re not the GM.
    says the guy who never had an original thought in his life.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

It was never "dump Johnson because we found another receiver," it was "trade Johnson for a good offer, use that to draft someone else good, and use whatever money you would have paid him to sign one or two OTHER badass players." Basically get two good players for several years, at the expense of slightly less talent at WR for a year, or maybe not even. But you go ahead and keep changing it to whatever you think makes it look like you were right all along.
    Ok. But you're assuming that signing Johnson takes other players off the table. It simply doesn't. Their drowning in cap space. And they don't have many current or pending extensions to spend it on.

And I don't have to change anything. Anyone can go seey previous posts in this issue. I've consistently said signing DJ has basically zero opportunity cost for future roster moves.

You're the only one who has expressed certainty that a number of future players are now off the table.

Unless the cap goes down unexpectedly again basic math seems to demonstrate that isn't true. Now, if they would've signed him for $25-30 million annual, then there could be legitimate concerns. But at sub $20 million? They can sign whoever they want whenever they want.

C'mon,the contract of Johnson was a great for the team...I mean,16 WR have a bigger salary(per year) that Johnson right now and it will be more after next offseason

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...ver/limit-100/

And don't worry about the salary cap, you can easily find a way to keep all the players you want now with all the void years contracts and things like that

The only way the steelers and other teams can be in trouble is if the cap goes lower again like in 2020-2021 because of covid-19

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

I'm glad we kept Johnson. Who do you cover now? Double team one and you got 3 other playmakers who are in single coverage. Play dime and we got Najee Harris

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I seem to remember reading several posts wanting to trade DJ at a 2nd round value. Granted that was vs re-signing him to a $20M/yr contract. I think most on here realize the potential we have with the WR room right now. Most are/were a little gun shy to trade away the proven #1 for the hopes of the said potential though.