Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB class comparisons

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

QB class comparisons

Howell went 9-of-16 for 143 passing and had 3 rushes for 19 yards and a pair of TDs

how did your guy do?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: QB class comparisons

Willis went 6-of-11 passing for 107 yards; 38 yards and a touchdown on five rushes.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

QB class comparisons

13/15 - 95 yds - 2 TDs (one game winning drive) plus 16 yards on the ground on 3 carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    13/15 - 95 yds - 2 TDs (one game winning drive) plus 16 yards on the ground on 3 carries.
    I hope next week we will see him with at least the second team!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I hope next week we will see him with at least the second team!
    I think you have to rotate all three for three games…right?

I think Trubisky will stay with the one for the preseason,no matter what.He will need to be awful to not be the starter in week 1

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think Trubisky will stay with the one for the preseason,no matter what.He will need to be awful to not be the starter in week 1
    Maybe he rests game 3?

Maybe he rests game 3?
    possible

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Say they're gonna start Trubisky Weei 1. Then start Pickett in the last gsme? Sit Mitch?

QB class comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Say they're gonna start Trubisky Weei 1. Then start Pickett in the last gsme? Sit Mitch?
    That’s what I think. Maybe Mitch plays three series, then Pickett, then Rudolph for game 2. Game 3 would be Pickett, Rudolph and Oladokun?

That’s what I think. Maybe Mitch plays three series, then Pickett, then Rudolph for game 2. Game 3 would be Pickett, Rudolph and Oladokun?
    I'm really hoping to see Pickett against something a bit sterner than future cross fit trainers and nightclub bouncers

But the highlights looked better than I figurectheud be.

I'm really hoping to see Pickett against something a bit sterner than future cross fit trainers and nightclub bouncers

But the highlights looked better than I figurectheud be.
    I hope it will be the case next week

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I think Mason played himself out of it IMO , he is pretty lucky there wasnt at the very least 1 pick on his stat line and could have been up to 3 ... that will show up on tape and Tomlin isnt gonna like it ( rightfully so ) Mason at this point is the clear cut 3 until someone does something ( Pickett and Mason ) to change that ...if Kenny plays poorly next week and Mason plays well then that might flip them back but from where I sit today Mason is the 3 and Mitch is the 1

I think Mason played himself out of it IMO , he is pretty lucky there wasnt at the very least 1 pick on his stat line and could have been up to 3 ... that will show up on tape and Tomlin isnt gonna like it ( rightfully so ) Mason at this point is the clear cut 3 until someone does something ( Pickett and Mason ) to change that ...if Kenny plays poorly next week and Mason plays well then that might flip them back but from where I sit today Mason is the 3 and Mitch is the 1
    So Trubisky starts this week, Rests week 3. Pickett 2 this week, starts next week and Rudolph showcases for trade evaluation week 3?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So Trubisky starts this week, Rests week 3. Pickett 2 this week, starts next week and Rudolph showcases for trade evaluation week 3?
    I wonder which is the dress rehearsal now that there are only 3 exhibiition games. Do they play the starters next week or week 3?

Matt Corral went 1/9. I was sure he'd be better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I wonder which is the dress rehearsal now that there are only 3 exhibiition games. Do they play the starters next week or week 3?
    That’s what I was wondering as well.

that would be fine by me , that said ...

I would try and trade Mason ( not sure there would be much of a return if you can find a taker ) but I am not so sure Tomlin will feel that way ... they like to carry 3 QBs and as far as I know Oladokun isnt getting reps at camp ( at least last I read on the matter ) and he is a very raw prospect so unlikely he would be the #3 they would want to carry during the regular season ....

I had planned on taking the trip ( a few times to camp) but it was just to damn hot and humid and I cant breath in that shit its cooled down now but had funeral stuff for a friend of 50 years ( yeah since grade school ) and just not motivated to go now

that would be fine by me , that said ...

I would try and trade Mason ( not sure there would be much of a return if you can find a taker ) but I am not so sure Tomlin will feel that way ... they like to carry 3 QBs and as far as I know Oladokun isnt getting reps at camp ( at least last I read on the matter ) and he is a very raw prospect so unlikely he would be the #3 they would want to carry during the regular season ....

I had planned on taking the trip ( a few times to camp) but it was just to damn hot and humid and I cant breath in that shit its cooled down now but had funeral stuff for a friend of 50 years ( yeah since grade school ) and just not motivated to go now
    There’s is a small market out there for Rudolph as a back up:

Seattle, Dallas, New York (maybe with the Wilson injury) , Detroit, LA Rams, Minnesota.

It’s not a lot and it’s not really a necessity for any of those teams but more of a luxury trade. The compensation wouldn’t be much…I can’t imagine it would be anything more than, MAYBE, a 6th rounder.

For that, Tomlin will hold onto him just like he did with Landry Jones…

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Kenny Pickett's dad can beat up Sam Howell's dad.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

This time last year Ridder was nearly the consensus top QB. His playstyle even fits what we do well. Then he had a slump of a season. I'm happy with Pickett but I'll be intrigued to see how Ridder's Falcons career works out. If he doesn't work out as a starter, he may be a good candidate for us to pick up as a backup, a few years down the line.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

I really wasn't impressed with Willis. As a passer he didn't look great, and although faster than most QB's, there's no comparison between him and Lamar. Thought the QBs at 4 and 5 did better than him

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    I really wasn't impressed with Willis. As a passer he didn't look great, and although faster than most QB's, there's no comparison between him and Lamar. Thought the QBs at 4 and 5 did better than him
    But he made a side arm pass!!!!!

None of them really looked all that impressive from what I saw in highlight packages.

For instance, against actual NFL players, Ridder wouldvr thrown multiple INTs.

None of them really looked all that impressive from what I saw in highlight packages.

For instance, against actual NFL players, Ridder wouldvr thrown multiple INTs.
    Some of them would’ve been playing with actual NFL players as well.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

I don't see the hype behind willis as a dual threat honestly. he definitely doesn't look electric when he runs. I'd say he's slightly above average as far as speed for a QB but doesn't really stand out. He didn't run the 40 for a reason, he's definitely not a 4.4 guy. I would guess somewhere in the low 4.5's or even 4.6, dude shouldn't be compared to Vick or Jackson. He's supposedly bad at reading defenses and has accuracy issues, but a strong arm. Sounds like he's the next Tim Tebow lol.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Matt Corral out for the year lisfranc injury.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sucks, i was hoping he'd do well

That sucks. He will be getting a lot of clipboard time and some mental reps…he probably wouldn’t have played much unless maybe Baker got hurt and they were tired of Darnold?