Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QB class comparisons

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: QB class comparisons

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Was that Sam Mayfield in at qb? Or Baker Howell?

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where’s the video of the throw to Muuuth?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where’s the video of the throw to Muuuth?
    Couldn't find it yet, probably will have the full highlights after the game. So far in the limited sample size, Kenny is looking like the right pick.

edit: Here it is, well Kenny's day basically

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

I was watching when that happened, and thinking, Howell isn't actually looking that bad, he's moving around on Washington's awful offense, his receivers had some drops...

Then he made that play. No excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    I was watching when that happened, and thinking, Howell isn't actually looking that bad, he's moving around on Washington's awful offense, his receivers had some drops...

Then he made that play. No excuse.
    I still think Howell will be a good quarterback, but it looks like we made the right decision by drafting Kenny (so far)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Still only preseason. Revisit this in three years for a more accurate answer…

Still only preseason. Revisit this in three years for a more accurate answer…
    true

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I mean if being honest here , Josh Dobbs looks as good (maybe better) than all of them to date this preseason .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Demond Ridder looked really good last night.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Demond Ridder looked really good last night.
    didnt get to see it but nice stat line and the article I read said he missed a couple open guys ... he was already like 70% with missing them
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

didnt get to see it but nice stat line and the article I read said he missed a couple open guys ... he was already like 70% with missing them
    He looked really poised, like Pickett has looked.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

that would be fine by me , that said ...

I would try and trade Mason ( not sure there would be much of a return if you can find a taker ) but I am not so sure Tomlin will feel that way ... they like to carry 3 QBs and as far as I know Oladokun isnt getting reps at camp ( at least last I read on the matter ) and he is a very raw prospect so unlikely he would be the #3 they would want to carry during the regular season ....

I had planned on taking the trip ( a few times to camp) but it was just to damn hot and humid and I cant breath in that shit its cooled down now but had funeral stuff for a friend of 50 years ( yeah since grade school ) and just not motivated to go now
    the minimum return would be saving 3 million on the salary cap.

Maybe we will get to see the great Sam Howell play...if he's good enough to beat out Heinecke...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...ks-per-report/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Maybe we will get to see the great Sam Howell play...if he's good enough to beat out Heinecke...

What’s the common thought on here? ‘He can’t be any worse’, and ‘at least they will know what they have’.

Sam Howell one NFL pass. One NFL TD. TD #1000 in the 2022 NFL…

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Sam Howell is currently the only QB under contract in Washington. Should be interesting and telling what moves they make this offseason. They already brought Bienemy to be OC for the Commies. There are a few vet QBs they might be shopping as well. Keeping an eye on these guys.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I think Heinicke is going to look elsewhere. Wentz is the Ben Simmons of the NFL. Going nowhere fast.

QB class comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Sam Howell is currently the only QB under contract in Washington. Should be interesting and telling what moves they make this offseason. They already brought Bienemy to be OC for the Commies. There are a few vet QBs they might be shopping as well. Keeping an eye on these guys.
    Howell should have as much chance as the next guy to get some playing time. Wouldn’t mind seeing him grasp that opportunity and make the best of it. It’s gonna be in his own hands now…

Washington have said that Howell will be their number 1 QB....We will see if it will still be true after the draft....

Washington have said that Howell will be their number 1 QB....We will see if it will still be true after the draft....
    Mason Rudolph was QB1 right after Ben retired. Also only QB under contract at the time. The Commanders will have to bring in at least Howell’s backup. I would think they will bring in competition for the starting spot and move forward from there. Carr, LJ, Geno, there are some vets I bet they try to sign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Mason Rudolph was QB1 right after Ben retired. Also only QB under contract at the time. The Commanders will have to bring in at least Howell’s backup. I would think they will bring in competition for the starting spot and move forward from there. Carr, LJ, Geno, there are some vets I bet they try to sign too.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Time will tell, of course. What really builds my confidence in Kenny having a better career than any of the QB's in this draft class is that Brady Quinn said it won't be so.

Sam Howell looked really good last night.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sam Howell looked really good last night.
    Hmmm.....so you're saying it is possible that a league that regularly "misses" on scouting QBs by over-drafting flawed players and not drafting talented players soon enough might have totally misread an entire QB draft class?

No way! Not possible!!

In all seriousness, I think that the NFL may finally be learning that there is no "one" way to play QB and that there are different styles that can be successful as long as your coaching staff is willing to be flexible and adapt to a particular prospect's skill set it is possible for more than 2 guys from a draft class to be "good".

i hope howell does well, he was my pick last year but partially because i didn't expect kenny to go past 15
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell