Thread: Another reason why the bears are so cheap

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Another reason why the bears are so cheap

I said in a another thread this morning that the bears were cheap,here a another reason why!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Another reason why the bears are so cheap

the field sucks for sure , but as far as paying players goes they have 16.5 million in cap space after paying top 51 players .... so make of that what you will , they are still in negotiations with their Pro Bowl Linebacker ( whom would eat a large portion of that up ) and most teams this time of year are trying to save some for other teams cuts and a few million at min for emergency $$ in case of a mid / late season signing is needed because of injury
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    the field sucks for sure , but as far as paying players goes they have 16.5 million in cap space after paying top 51 players .... so make of that what you will , they are still in negotiations with their Pro Bowl Linebacker ( whom would eat a large portion of that up ) and most teams this time of year are trying to save some for other teams cuts and a few million at min for emergency $$ in case of a mid / late season signing is needed because of injury
    They also didn't pay James Daniels, Allen Robinson, and traded Mack rather than pay him.

While I can see trading Mack, I'm hard pressed to explain the other two.

There may be more. I don't pay much attention to the Bears other than to know the previous regime was very not good and the new one is making curious decisions.

Pay Smith is exactly the kind of thing a rebuilding 5rsm looking for stars and leadership should be falling all over themselves to do. From what reading I have done, the Bears have like zero big $$$ deals on their future cap sheet. And their roster isn't bursting with talent.

So even if they dramatically overpaid for Smith, it's got zero drawbacks.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Wasn't there problems with the Steelers' field in the not too distant past? I'm not throwing barbs... just asking.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong, but do the Bears even control the field conditions? I thought Solidier Field was owned by the city, who makes a big deal that THEY are in charge. (The reason why it's still called Soldier Field instead of Generic Bank Insurance Telecom Stadium was because they told the Bears they weren't allowed to sell naming rights, for instance.) Also I heard there was a rock concert there a week ago, which I can't imagine was the team's idea. I could be wrong, but this may not be the Bears' fault. Still a bad look, though.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Wasn't there problems with the Steelers' field in the not too distant past? I'm not throwing barbs... just asking.
    The field ALWAYS used to be awful for the second half of the season. It was already getting extra wear from Pitt games, and then they would hold the high school state championships there in late November or early December and completely destroy it. Something like 8 games in one weekend.

One time they tried to fix it by basically laying down a whole new field of new turf on top of the existing one. Then there was a huge storm and it turned into a bog. That was the Miami game on MNF where the punt stuck in the mud and the final score was 3-0.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong, but do the Bears even control the field conditions? I thought Solidier Field was owned by the city, who makes a big deal that THEY are in charge. (The reason why it's still called Soldier Field instead of Generic Bank Insurance Telecom Stadium was because they told the Bears they weren't allowed to sell naming rights, for instance.) Also I heard there was a rock concert there a week ago, which the team probably also didn't have much say in. I could be wrong, but this may not be the Bear's fault. Still a bad look, though.

Yeah you are right on that....My bad

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Elton John Concert 8 days before is what ruined the field. The Chicago Fire had enough sense not to play their soccer game there. Both of those should’ve thrown up red flags. But the NFL approved the field as meeting the minimum requirements. Would’ve been on their head had Mahomes injured himself because of the field and out for the season. Would ve loved to see the NFL damage control then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Watching the Raiders game, their field looks pretty fucked up too, although it being August in Las Vegas may make it difficult, fancy retractable rollers or not.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Chicago always had one the worst fields, I always thought this was intentional since it's probably good homefield advantage if they're the only team used to playing on that shit

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It must have something to do with their pizza.
    All Defense!