Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would be for you a successful season for the steelers?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

What would be for you a successful season for the steelers?

For me, I hope to make the playoffs and hope that we will be a tough out for the other teams, but the most important thing for me is that we know after this season that Kenny Pickett has a chance to be at least a very good QB in this league!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: What would be for you a successful season for the steelers?

The installation of Kenny Pickett as the starter. He has a 8+ game stretch where he looks like a competent NFL QB.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For me, I hope to make the playoffs and hope that we will be a tough out for the other teams, but the most important thing for me is that we know after this season that Kenny Pickett has a chance to be at least a very good QB in this league!
    100 percent agree with last sentence. I’d be happy if Steelers still in playoff hunt with 2 weeks to go as long as Pickett shows promise.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Win the fucking Super Bowl and piss all over the field.

Tom Brady - career-ending injury: bruised asshole
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Progress…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

win the SB because if that isnt your goal you have already lost .............
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

win the SB because if that isnt your goal you have already lost .............
    It's the ultimate goal of course, but if it's the only thing that makes you happy as a fan(for the steelers), it's not fun!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Return of the passing game
    Return of the running game
    Return of solid run defense

A good pro bowl caliber QB and wining record and playoffs should be a byproduct of the above

Member Array title="Pastrami will become famous soon enough"> Pastrami's Avatar

Competitive games, game plans, an offense that has an identity, and solid coaching.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

20-0 (channeling my inner teegre)

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

win a playoff game, kenny pickett wins starting job and improves over theyear

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Anything that gave the resemblance of the Steelers having a franchise QB would work for me, even more than going 11-6 with uncertainty at QB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    20-0 (channeling my inner teegre)

Other comment for this?

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Same as every year for me, making the playoffs is always a successful season, you get bonus football and a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's the ultimate goal of course, but if it's the only thing that makes you happy as a fan(for the steelers), it's not fun!
    Being a fan is supposed to be fun? I thought it was all about varying levels of anxiety with a lot of yelling, throwing things, and door slamming.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Being a fan is supposed to be fun? I thought it was all about varying levels of anxiety with a lot of yelling, throwing things, and door slamming.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong.
    add beer drinking and you have pretty much nailed it!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

^it was fun during the dynasty years - they were so dominant that there wasn’t much anxiety involved. 80’s we knew they were mediocre so - no anxiety there either

90’s to now? Lol, I think your doing just fine

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

idk to me it was the most stressful to watch when we had a SB caliber team. Expectations were higher, so it was much more of a letdown when they lost. The past few years I could say "eh, whatever" if they lost. Though back in the mid 2000's a lost game would ruin my day

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Life and raising kids changed my priorities on "my" sports teams years ago. I remember going to bed ticked off back in my 20's and early 30's. Now, I'm over it by time the TV turns off. I got to see them win in the 70s (as a real little kid, 1978 vs Dallas is the first I really remember because I was 10) but watching them win in 2005 and 2008 was a cool, but again my priorities by then made me realize after they won life still went on just the same and work and kids were waiting the next day.

I grew up near Philly (in South Jersey) and loved the Flyers, Phillies and Steelers (could not stand Eagles fans or the team)(I don't follow basketball). So taking my young son to the 2008 Phillies parade was one of the coolest things I ever did sports wise.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Life and raising kids changed my priorities on "my" sports teams years ago. I remember going to bed ticked off back in my 20's and early 30's. Now, I'm over it by time the TV turns off. I got to see them win in the 70s (as a real little kid, 1978 vs Dallas is the first I really remember because I was 10) but watching them win in 2005 and 2008 was a cool, but again my priorities by then made me realize after they won life still went on just the same and work and kids were waiting the next day.

I grew up near Philly (in South Jersey) and loved the Flyers, Phillies and Steelers (could not stand Eagles fans or the team)(I don't follow basketball). So taking my young son to the 2008 Phillies parade was one of the coolest things I ever did sports wise.
    Same boat!!

Much more calm after kids. Live in that suburb of Philly theme. Steelers, Phillies, Flyers…not a huge basketball guy. Can tolerate Eagles Fans a little more now with old age but don’t mind seeing them lose. Kids weren’t born yet for the parade but took them to Heinz last year and we all loved it. Expensive as hell but enjoyed every minute and would spend that money again…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I just hope that they all have fun.

lol

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'd still like to see a few fights.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I just hope that nobody gets hurt.

Same here lol. Matter of fact almost all the fights I got into in HS and in my 20's have been about some dude shit talking the Steelers lol. In my 30's and later if we lose I'm just like "damn that sucks", and then onto real life. In my 20's I took pride in being a 'hardcore fan', but honestly I let the results of a meaningless game dictate my mood for entire Sundays which probably wasn't healthy. Didn't help that at the time I was trying to re-adapt to civilian life and was battling depression and alcoholism (gladly got through it with support of family and great friends) but that's another story.

A realistic goal for me would be a 10-7 season and a playoff birth. If Tomlin can pull that off with the O Line we have and losing a franchise QB to retirement, I'm content for this year.

A great year would be a 11-6 season or better and headed into the offseason with a clear choice for QB or, if there is a QB controversy, it's because two QBs have both played very good.

A fantastic year would be a AFCCG. A Super bowl this year is just dreaming . . . but stranger things have happened.

10-11 wins with a playoff win and we know that we have a very good future QB that we can build around for several years would be a great year for me

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

A playoff Win would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    A realistic goal for me would be a 10-7 season and a playoff birth. If Tomlin can pull that off with the O Line we have and losing a franchise QB to retirement, I'm content for this year.

A great year would be a 11-6 season or better and headed into the offseason with a clear choice for QB or, if there is a QB controversy, it's because two QBs have both played very good.

A fantastic year would be a AFCCG. A Super bowl this year is just dreaming . . . but stranger things have happened.
    There's not much difference between your realistic year and your great year. I'll take any of your three scenarios!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

see the 1980 Raiders. I think they’re odds of a SB win were 3500 to 1. They just traded Stabler and pickup up an over the hill Pastorini and bust named Plunkett