Thread: I Think There's A Game This Week!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I Think There's A Game This Week!

Steelers vs Seahawks

What players are you most interested to see in this one?

You know we won't be showing much as far as opening up the playbook on offense or defense. I just want to see the OL execute. I also want to watch how well we are tackling.

Thoughts on this one?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: I Think There's A Game This Week!

Kenny Pickett, George Pickens, Najee Harris, Austin III, Loudermilk, Leal

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

All the rookies, Trupitsky, Buddy Johnson, all the RBs not named Benny Snell, Anthony Miller, Kazee, Cole and Daniels

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rookies and new guys. Imagine most of the vets won’t touch the field…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Offensive line and QBs

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I really want to see the Oline open up some holes and for the QBs to get out on the perimeter...and playaction.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

All 4 of my eyes will be on #8. Until he comes in, I'll be watching the WRs and the O-line play. Defense, I'll be watching Bush to see if he still sucks.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Stop the flipping run .................................................. ..................................
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I want a good running game,good play by the O-line and Pickett for this game.For the defense,just stopping the run(but not at all cost)

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

O line #1 , whoever playing QB throw downfield for Christ sake. Obviously want to see Pickett and if Trubisky is still Trubisky or if he turns into Josh Allen JR. Not worried about RB , WR or TE . On D it’s Bush. If he plays like last year, he should be on special teams.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I’ll be relying on board for info. Saturday dropping by daughter off in Tempe for move in day at her dorm. Probably going to target for Kleenex after so not sure if I’ll catch any game.

Yeah,the last thing that I want to see is the dink and dunk all game long for the passing game

Member Array title="Pastrami will become famous soon enough"> Pastrami's Avatar

All rookies and latest additions and anyone not named Najee.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

CAIII
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m excited to see George Pickens. He’s looking like (yet another) jackpot!!!

I want to see how the interior O-line plays. Specifically, I’m hopeful that Green plays better at LG than he did at C. Likewise, I hope that The Cat Killer can show some (any?) improvement.

DeMarvin Leal has reportedly looked great in camp. His development is crucial for keeping Heyward fresh.

And… obviously: Pickett

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It's game day!!!

I just hope Tomlin isn't going to play some of our best players on defense tonight or even in the entire preseason, that would be stupid!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

First preseason game the returning vets won't play. I don't expect to see Najee, Muth, Claypool, or DJ suit up.

I think we will get a lot of run plays tonight. There seems to be several RBs competing for those 2nd and 3rd spots this year. Looking forward to watching that play out.

I also expect a lot of OL guys rotating in. Have got to get some idea of a starting rotation there. I think the coaches already have an idea but want to watch it with 'live fire'.

I want to see Gunner and Austin III take turns as K/P returner. I think both make the 53 but I also think both can and should be used in the return game. Can't have too many reps there.

I hope to not see any designed QB runs tonight. Even a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 is a terrible idea.

On defense I expect vanilla. A lot of man coverage with the DBs. Stopping the run at the LOS or behind it should be a focus. I expect few blitzes here to allow opportunity for passes to be defended. Let guys get beat and see how they recover. Those young Safeties are going to worked hard.

Who is your OLB corps tonight? Watt doesn't get a hat. Highsmith and Avery might get a few reps in tonight but I wouldn't expect many. Hamilcar Rashed just came aboard, will he go? Skipper and Tuszka, with Carter and Scott rotating in maybe?

I want to see ILB Mark Robinson put some devastating hits on ball carriers tonight. Also want to see Buddy Johnson end up with a dirty jersey and a respectable box score. Who's our next Vince?

I think the DL will get so much rotation it will be hard to keep up with who's in and when. No Cam, Alualu, Wormley, Ogunjobi, and probably limited Loudermilk and Adams. I think those 6 are locks right now.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m excited to see George Pickens. He’s looking like (yet another) jackpot!!!

I want to see how the interior O-line plays. Specifically, I’m hopeful that Green plays better at LG than he did at C. Likewise, I hope that The Cat Killer can show some (any?) improvement.

DeMarvin Leal has reportedly looked great in camp. His development is crucial for keeping Heyward fresh.

And… obviously: Pickett
    Performed as expected

Meh

Alas, also performed as expected

Looks promising

Looks promising (more important)

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I want a good running game,good play by the O-line and Pickett for this game.For the defense,just stopping the run(but not at all cost)
    The running game were great

O-line,not great in pass protection

Good game for Pitckett

The run defense were bad once again

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not too worried about the run defense. It looked to be “anchored” by Mondeaux and the Davis boys up front. We already know those three aren’t good. Looks like they got moved out of holes all.night.

Again, I’ve only seen highlights. So maybe drawing too broad a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not too worried about the run defense. It looked to be “anchored” by Mondeaux and the Davis boys up front. We already know those three aren’t good. Looks like they got moved out of holes all.night.

Again, I’ve only seen highlights. So maybe drawing too broad a conclusion.
    You could be right about the run defense but last night it had way too many flashback of last year!