Thread: Mitch Trubisky Reflects on Bears Career: 'They Wanted Me to Play the Coaches’ Game'

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mitch Trubisky Reflects on Bears Career: 'They Wanted Me to Play the Coaches’ Game'

It appears Mitch Trubisky learned more in one season as Josh Allen's backup in Buffalo than four as a starter in Chicago.

Trubisky opened up about the differences in his experiences with the two organizations in an interview with Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

“The difference between my experience in Chicago and what I saw in Buffalo is they allow Josh to go out there and play his game,” Trubisky said. “In Chicago, they wanted me to play the coaches’ game. Call it whatever you will, that’s just how it felt to me. That was my experience, from what I saw in Chicago to what I saw in Buffalo.

read more

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-coaches-game

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mitch Trubisky Reflects on Bears Career: 'They Wanted Me to Play the Coaches’ Game'

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Mitch Trubisky Reflects on Bears Career: 'They Wanted Me to Play the Coaches’ Game'

The Daboll Factor

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Sounds like some of the theories from a member here…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is the same hopeful narrative that every disgraced former starter spins when they invariably resurface on their second/last chance.

I believe it when Trubisky looks like more than garbage against an actual quality NFL defense.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is the same hopeful narrative that every disgraced former starter spins when they invariably resurface on their second/last chance.

I believe it when Trubisky looks like more than garbage against an actual quality NFL defense.
    The guy has performed below expectations for sure, but disgraced former starter and garbage a little harsh. Record well above .500 td/int 2/1 except rookie year 1/1. ID put mark sanchez, Rosen, darnold , Jones and too many to mention in disgraceful and garbage but not Trubisky. TD in 2 minute drill today, possibly back in drivers seat. Hoping Pickett kills it in preseason so we don’t have to find out if Trubisky hot garbage.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    The guy has performed below expectations for sure, but disgraced former starter and garbage a little harsh. Record well above .500 td/int 2/1 except rookie year 1/1. ID put mark sanchez, Rosen, darnold , Jones and too many to mention in disgraceful and garbage but not Trubisky. TD in 2 minute drill today, possibly back in drivers seat. Hoping Pickett kills it in preseason so we don’t have to find out if Trubisky hot garbage.
    Go watch his “highlights” against playoff caliber teams when he was a Bear. Garbage. I think it’s like 2-10 or something.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Go watch his “highlights” against playoff caliber teams when he was a Bear. Garbage. I think it’s like 2-10 or something.
    People way more qualified than you have bashed the Bears organization many times. You don’t seem to ever take any of that into consideration when it comes to a Trubisky. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    People way more qualified than you have bashed the Bears organization many times. You don’t seem to ever take any of that into consideration when it comes to a Trubisky. Why not?
    Because I’ve seen him play. He’s not good. It’s not complicated.

People forget that in his first year in Chicago, Nagy and company were hailed as savants for dragging the offense to something approaching competence.

Eventually it all soured. Mostly because Trubisky wasn’t good enough and Nagy ran out of ideas to cover up the problems.

But, sure. Trubisky is gonna be great in 2022. Totally different guy. Ready to let ‘er rip.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

So Mitch didn't have any guidance in Chicago, "just run the play the coach gave you" and he wasn't told to go through his progressions or take what the defense gave him

in Buffalo he was taught or gleaned that you need to see the whole field and take what the defense gives you....but he learned all that from the sideline....

bottom line, we don't know what we have in Trubisky, his floor is obviously his play in Chicago, his ceiling, who knows?....maybe the light came on in Buffalo and he'll show it here......he came relatively cheap anyway. Pickett is the guy they really have hope for in the end of all this...