Thread: New "Fire" Canada reason LOL (Mason Rudolph)

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

New "Fire" Canada reason LOL (Mason Rudolph)

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read this story ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...t-canada-says/

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: New "Fire" Canada reason LOL (Mason Rudolph)

"A reason Rudolph hasn't been seen as a top contender in this battle is because he hasn't done enough in his maybe somewhat limited opportunities to earn the title of Ben Roethlisberger's successor."

Somewhat limited opportunities?? He had an entire season. He got benched for Duck Hodges. Last year he tied the 0-8 Lions and we scored the third-fewest points against them of any team all season. I've seen enough.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll be very surprised if Rudolph wins the starting job. He's had a good start of camp but from what I've read the throws aren't being pushed downfield, which Trubisky has been doing.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe this is just a curveball for the bengals(our week 1 opponents)

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

bruh what if mason proves us wrong and goes off throwing for 40 TD's and 7 INTs

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    and if Santa Claus is real I will find a new Tri Glide under my tree at Christmas time and guess what ....I think my chances might be better LOL
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    and if Santa Claus is real
    Wait… what are you saying???

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    and if Santa Claus is real I will find a new Tri Glide under my tree at Christmas time and guess what ....I think my chances might be better LOL

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    I will gladly eat that crow

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

if Mason wins the job it wont be because he was playing like a legit starter. it will be because the other two are just sucking even worse. if Masons catalog of game film was the same size as trubisky's it would look just as bad and probably worse. the steelers brass know this thats why they spent a first on Pickett.

i was on the fence concerning masons future until that detroit game. after that last game of season against cleveland i thought...well maybe the light has went off for Mason...but after that detroit game ...
    i dont even put the entire detroit disaster on Mason, dropped passes and all. but he didnt do enough positive things to keep my support any longer.

to be competitive with Mason it would require the rest of the team to play flawless football and the coach's would have to call a flawless game. either that or the other teams will have to be having a bad day.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

could very well be Canada trying to light a fire under Mitch's ass.

Regarding that Detroit game, MR wasn't impressive buy he was actually good enough to win it. DJ couldn't come through with the big catch at the end.

this is a good test and really how it should be, if Trubisky or Pickett can perform better than MR than they don't deserve to start or play big minutes. But yeah, it'll be difficult to get excited if MR ends up being the starter.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Reminds me of when the Jets coaching staff was “caught” saying things about Vernon Gholston.

“Did you see Vernon on that play!?!”
    “No one’s able to stop number fifty!!!”
    “I see a Pro Bowl in Gholston’s future.”

Then, they tried to TRADE him. When no one took the bait, they simply cut him.