Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for the QB competition!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Thread for the QB competition!

I could see Mason wanting out if he's not in uniform on Sundays, which I see that happening.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    To get done, Fillmypony would have to be correct. That has never happened before. Not going to hold my breath on it now.
    Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I could see Mason wanting out if he's not in uniform on Sundays, which I see that happening.
    Landry Jones wishes he was still getting a paycheck.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post

They are definitely giving Pickett an oportunity to show what he can do. If he can show the ability to orchestrate the entire offense on the field in that setting and against that competition, and play well.......This could be a big moment.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    They are definitely giving Pickett an oportunity to show what he can do. If he can show the ability to orchestrate the entire offense on the field in that setting and against that competition, and play well.......This could be a big moment.
    Read the practice notes on Steelers Depot, his drive failed at the 14 but there was some confusion, Pickens caught a 27 yard pass and was down, but kept running toward the end zone because he didn't think he was down, that likely took a chunk of time available lol.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Read the practice notes on Steelers Depot, his drive failed at the 14 but there was some confusion, Pickens caught a 27 yard pass and was down, but kept running toward the end zone because he didn't think he was down, that likely took a chunk of time available lol.
    Sure, but it's not just how the drive ends. It's about his knowledge of the offense. He needs to be able to call all plays and protections quickly and then execute.

The mental part of the equation is key right now. If he is capable of that, he is pretty much ready to play.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ome-run-derby/

Pickett could probably play for the Pirates considering how bad they are

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ome-run-derby/

Pickett could probably play for the Pirates considering how bad they are

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    movin' on up

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If Pickett is ascending this quickly, This makes the Trubiscuit signing all the more mind boggling.

Trade Rudolph and move up Oladukun.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If Pickett is ascending this quickly, This makes the Trubiscuit signing all the more mind boggling.

Oladakun got some reps today. First time in camp

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Except they signed Trubisky before drafting Pickett. Probably didn’t think he’d be around when we picked. Pretty much shows they didn’t want Rudolph starting.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I wouldn't trade away any of our QBs. Remember we got rid of Dobbs and we were down to Mason, then he got hurt , then we were down to Duck?

It was fun rooting for the Duck, although we got caught not properly staffing our QB depth.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I wouldn't trade away any of our QBs. Remember we got rid of Dobbs and we were down to Mason, then he got hurt , then we were down to Duck?

It was fun rooting for the Duck, although we got caught not properly staffing our QB depth.
    It’s fine to keep Rudolph as long as he is QB3.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It’s fine to keep Rudolph as long as he is QB3.
    but if someone is willing to give me a couple six packs of warm outdated beer for him I would have to strongly consider it
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I don't think the front office expected Pickett to be there when it was our turn to draft. Signing Trubisky in the offseason was a smart move, or we'd basically be potentially rolling with Mason and an unproven draft pick

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

but if someone is willing to give me a couple six packs of warm outdated beer for him I would have to strongly consider it
    a couple?

well then, yeah for sure...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Sound good until Trubisky has a some bad plays/games and you'll hear the insane amount of boo birds. Pickett is already a cult hero in Pittsburgh. Just look how Rudolph was treated in a preseason game and then see the change of tune once Kenny entered. What will happen when the games count? Mitch better hope his struggles are on the road, even then I think the boo's would carry over until redeems himself.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bwahahaha

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflmemes/co...is_cool_beans/

Also… the second time that you watch it, look for a Tyler Durden-esque “cameo” by George Pickens.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Bradshaw in 70 may be the last time the Steelers started a rookie to start the regular season. That was a bit of a rough start….

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I wouldn't trade away any of our QBs.
    agreed, unless they want out.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It doesn’t though because they have him at back up QB money and he is an upgrade over Rudolph. It’s only mind boggling if they keep Rudolph. He was also insurance if they didn’t get a QB in the draft.

Tomlin announced Trubisky will start against the Jags.

I'm ok with Trubisky starting in week 1, so far he's looked pretty good. I'm guessing preseason game #2 is the new #3 as far as how seriously it's taken, so we should get a better idea where QBs are at.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin announced Trubisky will start against the Jags.
    Kenny P will be the #2 QB against the Jags

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This next game definitely determines if Rudolph gets traded or not. If Pickett shows out, its curtains for Rudolph.