Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for the QB competition!

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread for the QB competition!

This is going to be a thread for all the tweets and info on the QB competition for the steelers in this training camp!

Who will be the number QB 1 for the start of the regular season?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Thread for the QB competition!

Mitch wins the starting job, question is will he be able to keep it based on his play?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You can win with him but this is likely you will not win because of him!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    You can win with him but this is likely you will not win because of him!
    in system he was in this is 49% true (remember other qb's publicly said that system sucked so its not hyperbole)

in this system we have no clue .... we haven't witnessed a meaningful snap yet and quite frankly we haven't the first clue what the system even is at this juncture ... we have heard rumored things but no specifics from anyone truly in the know so until its rolled out we won't know a whole lot about anything ....

the good thing about all that is we can remain hopeful , the bad thing is all we have to go on is what we seen in the past in terms of play calling from this OC ....

Time will indeed tell in either case ( or should I say both cases as we don't even know if this is a true NFL offense YET.... )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Okay.... the following week lol. Those would be good games to end Trubisky's brief reign as starter.

how about we let performance dictate if he ever is the starter and if he is let it dictate if he keeps the job or not instead of draft pos. dictating anything .............

in system he was in this is 49% true (remember other qb's publicly said that system sucked so its not hyperbole)

in this system we have no clue .... we haven't witnessed a meaningful snap yet and quite frankly we haven't the first clue what the system even is at this juncture ... we have heard rumored things but no specifics from anyone truly in the know so until its rolled out we won't know a whole lot about anything ....

the good thing about all that is we can remain hopeful , the bad thing is all we have to go on is what we seen in the past in terms of play calling from this OC ....

Time will indeed tell in either case ( or should I say both cases as we don't even know if this is a true NFL offense YET.... )

- - - Updated - - -

how about we let performance dictate if he ever is the starter and if he is let it dictate if he keeps the job or not instead of draft pos. dictating anything .............
    It's possible now that Ben is retired, our offense will change....It's the perfect time to change our offense.

Let's hope it will be the case and that it will be positive!

It's possible now that Ben is retired, our offense will change....It's the perfect time to change our offense.

Let's hope it will be the case and that it will be positive!
    absolutely , change for the sake of change is never a good thing so if there is change it MUST be for the better

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

- - - Updated - - -

I am just hoping the WR scheming that we saw last season (ie not able to get them open) was just a product of having Ben still here, or that something was learned to fix that issue. That really was my main concern not Ben related.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know the teams he played on and can't be bothered to look them up at the moment. How much of those wins were based on good players around him and him just not screwing it up versus him leading teams to victory? Of course, either way, had we had someone like him two years ago I think we are in the playoffs that year.
    In 2018,the bears were 12-4 and he had a good(not great)year,2019 he was terrible(6.1 yards per pass attempts) and the bears were 8-8 and in 2020,he was benched by his coach during the 3rd game even if his teams had 2 (ugly)wins in their first 2 games and he taken back his starting job for the final 5-6 games, he was average but it was enough since the schedule for the bears was easier

But the running game was much better with Trusbisky for the bears than it was with Nick Foles for the bears in 2020 since the opponents had to respect his legs

Overall, these are his stats(game by game)in his career if you're interested

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...bMi00/gamelog/

The supporting cast of the bears in offense were below average and much of their win was mostly because of defense. You can win with him, but you probably won't win because of him.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Every stat need context...I just checked the stats of Trusbisky against playoffs team and he was 4-10 and 2 of his wins was against the vikings in 2019 when the first win,he was injured early in the game after only 3 pass attempts and the other game was week 17 when the vikings had rested their starter.... In the other playoffs teams, he was 2-10 against the playoffs team.One of his 2 wins was against the rams in 2018 when he was 16-30 for 110 yards,1 TD and 3 INT!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Go Kenny
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Welcome back, BEAST!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I love stats. I love analytics. I love metrics of all types and kinds.

But, unfortunately, I have seen Mitchell Trubisky play NFL football. And other than one half against Green Bay where he looked like a super-star, Trubisky looked confused, unable to read defenses, flummoxed by post-snap movement, and prone to stretches of inability to execute fundamentals.

I expect turnovers and punts. An exciting number of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

But, unfortunately, I have seen Mitchell Trubisky play NFL football. And other than one half against Green Bay where he looked like a super-star, Trubisky looked confused, unable to read defenses, flummoxed by post-snap movement, and prone to stretches of inability to execute fundamentals.

I agree for the punt...But he is not a turnover machine(37 interceptions in 50 starts)...He is just very innaccurate for both team!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I agree for the punt...But he is not a turnover machine(37 interceptions in 50 starts)...He is just very innaccurate for both team!
    Trubisky on the move and throwing to the middle of the field, which is what Canada claims he wants to do, is going to be a turnover factory!

Trubisky never met a safety or a linebacker that he actually anticipates where they are going to be.

Trubisky on the move and throwing to the middle of the field, which is what Canada claims he wants to do, is going to be a turnover factory!

Trubisky never met a safety or a linebacker that he actually anticipates where they are going to be.
    If you are right,I don't think that Tomlin will be much patient with this and he will be benched!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I expect the Defense dragging the Offense kicking and screaming to the 6th/7th seed.

In other words, what we've seen the last few years. 2019 Redux.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I actually look for Pickett to win the job. Maybe not necessarily "win," but be handed the job. It doesn’t make much sense to me to not start developing Pickett as quickly as possible. We need to know if he's the future or an average NFL QB, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I actually look for Pickett to win the job. Maybe not necessarily "win," but be handed the job. It doesn’t make much sense to me to not start developing Pickett as quickly as possible. We need to know if he's the future or an average NFL QB, imo.
    very true

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    If competition is remotely close he gets the job . Mitch is insurance policy(a cheap term policy) . Not Winning A SB next year with Mitch. I was good with Trubisky signing, but it’s a dynamic situation and circumstances changed. I really hope Pickett starts.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pending the record and timing…

Trubisky gets injured, short term it’s Rudolph, long term it’s Pickett…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pending the record and timing…

Trubisky gets injured, short term it’s Rudolph, long term it’s Pickett…
    I think Rudolph is gone if Pickett shows some competence in preseason. I just can't see Pickett not being active on game day. Trubisky seems like a durable guy so I'm going with poor performance opening the door for Kenny to step in -- about week 5-6.

I think Rudolph is gone if Pickett shows some competence in preseason. I just can't see Pickett not being active on game day. Trubisky seems like a durable guy so I'm going with poor performance opening the door for Kenny to step in -- about week 5-6.
    Not the best time for a rookie QB to start his career against the 2 of the best teams in the NFL(Bills in week 5 and Bucs in week 6)!

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Not the best time for a rookie QB to start his career against the 2 of the best teams in the NFL(Bills in week 5 and Bucs in week 6)!
    Okay.... the following week lol. Those would be good games to end Trubisky's brief reign as starter.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind that at all but we all know how this team lives to hold onto veteran scraps because there’s a comfort factor there. Maybe it will be different out of the Ben/Colbert era…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler