Thread: Jaylen Warren Named Starter

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Jaylen Warren Named Starter

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-najee-harris

Congrats to Jaylen Warren! He's earned it and IMO, has been a better RB than Najee Harris in every aspect. Let's see how durable he can be with a full games work...However, I still expect Najee to get his fair share of touches.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Jaylen Warren Named Starter

Tomlin said its an acknowledgement thing for his efforts , recognition other than that do not expect any real changes touches will be distributed the same
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

he deserves to be starter glad they made the change

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He was apparently announced as starter during the Packers game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Maybe they're co-starters? Might as well call them that, unless Warren starts to get more snaps than Najee on a consistent basis, which I think will happen sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Maybe they're co-starters? Might as well call them that, unless Warren starts to get more snaps than Najee on a consistent basis, which I think will happen sooner rather than later.
    no clue , just know what the depth chart says and what Tomlin said at his presser about it ...

that said I would have no issue if Warren got 60% -70% of the snaps as he is the more productive back

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is this something new, or in addition to the nod last Sunday? Because all the info points to last week.

The Steelers' official depth chart still lists Harris over Warren.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

RB1!
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Co starters would be listed as Harris OR Warren.

Anyways depth charts aren't always accurate.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He was apparently announced as starter during the Packers game as well.
    The Packer game was what they were talking about in the article. My understanding from listening to the local media was that both Warren and Harris were introduced as starters. I don't think that Warren has been moved ahead of Harris.

Member Array title="MikeT is on a distinguished road">

And yet Najee got more carries and produced less and was on the field at the end when it mattered the most. Straight Lip service from Tomlin again. Not even capable of riding the hot hand even when its smacking you right in the face. SMH!

Banned Array title="Steel Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    And yet Najee got more carries and produced less and was on the field at the end when it mattered the most. Straight Lip service from Tomlin again. Not even capable of riding the hot hand even when its smacking you right in the face. SMH!
    Tomlin is an idiot. At this point Warren has proven he's the superior runningback. Everyone sees it. Najee was Tomlin's pick. His guy. Now Najee has proven he was not worth a first round pick. he's not that special of a runningback to have been selected in the first round.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Tomlin is an idiot. At this point Warren has proven he's the superior runningback. Everyone sees it. Najee was Tomlin's pick. His guy. Now Najee has proven he was not worth a first round pick. he's not that special of a runningback to have been selected in the first round.
    welcome to the board.

did you just join?

lmao...

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

tomlin is showing sunken cost fallacy in action by not firing canada, and not benching najee. I don't know how many times warren has to prove he's better. he's doing it nearly every week. the frustrating thing about this whole thing is that everybody seems to notice it except for tomlin

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    tomlin is showing sunken cost fallacy in action by not firing canada, and not benching najee. I don't know how many times warren has to prove he's better. he's doing it nearly every week. the frustrating thing about this whole thing is that everybody seems to notice it except for tomlin
    Tomlin has done these type of things for years…

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Jaylen Warren the "Starter" only got nine carries and never touched the ball once in the fourth quarter.

There are far reaching issues with this team beyond the quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Jaylen Warren the "Starter" only got nine carries and never touched the ball once in the fourth quarter.

There are far reaching issues with this team beyond the quarterback.
    Clearly the Game Plan was:

Q1-Q3 - Warren
    Q4 - ???

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Clearly the Game Plan was:

Q1-Q3 - Warren
    Q4 - ???
    Duh....that spot is reserved for Kenny Friggin' Pickett.

Dude just forgot to show up. I'm sure he had another pressing engagement!

Also, Harris has got to be sick and tired of getting all the "dumb" dead give-away run calls and Warren gets like at least 2 really well designed "tricky" run calls a game.

I fully realize Warren is more explosive than Harris but, still, Harris has shown he can pick up decent chunks of yardage if someone will just not have guys hitting 5 yards deep in the backfield.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Najee Harris was a elite NCAA running back, Jaylen Warren is a elite NFL running back. This is Tomlin's Ego on drugs, Know the Difference.

Member Array title="Jens_Karlsson is an unknown quantity at this point">

I cant help thinking there would enormous trade value in Najee. I kindo like the guy but at the same time its pretty obvious he does not really posses the explosiveness needed. As a first ronder, and admired power RB i assume a number of teams would lusten hard. Now, Warren isnt enough on his own, but still..
    maybe not now but definitely off-season
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jens_Karlsson View Post
    I cant help thinking there would enormous trade value in Najee. I kindo like the guy but at the same time its pretty obvious he does not really posses the explosiveness needed. As a first ronder, and admired power RB i assume a number of teams would lusten hard. Now, Warren isnt enough on his own, but still..
    Thoughts?

definitely not now ( trade deadline has passed ) come spring his value wont be great either IMO cause if teams are hungry for a RB they have the draft to acquire one ..Najee will be entering year 4 so only 1 year of the "on the cheap left" as year 5 is option year and rather expensive for a RB who hasn't really produced all that well .. I doubt he would bring much more than a 5th round pick to be honest ..I am sure others have opinions perhaps to the contrary of mine

Jaylen Warren Named Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jens_Karlsson View Post
    Thoughts?

I’m not sure he would garner much value and probably not enough to let him go. He doesn’t have much left on his contract. Probably would’ve gotten more last off-season but that’s in hindsight. Say they let him go for a third round pick…what are you replacing him with? His value may be best and most valuable as a handcuff to Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Proof that he's got that suddenness and glide

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Proof that he's got that suddenness and glide