Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for the QB competition!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Thread for the QB competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Could it be the defense is just that good right now? None of these QBs can break away from the pack against this awesome defense.
    This is a factor.BTW I think that the QBs were better in the last 2 days and I'm sure one of the big reasons was because Watt and Hayward had a day off in each of his days!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yes!

Stop wasting time with the other 2. It’s detrimental to everything the team wants to accomplish.

Tomlin and company lauded Pickett for his maturity and advanced understanding of football concepts. Went so far as to call his last year of coy his rookie NFL campaign.

So let’s get on with it already and get the dude ready to play Week 1.
    I am behind this 100%. The entire point of everything we did this offseason was to see if the guy we drafted will be an NFL-quality starter, and if not, then have some "oh shit" options to fall back on. We set that up about as well as it's possible to do. If we are not starting Pickett very early in the season, it's because we either fucked up the pick royally, or we're fucking up how we handle the situation.

Very few franchise QBs get good by sitting on the bench. Sometimes one happens to sit on the bench for a while, but I doubt that's the reason the light bulb comes on. He's going to learn 100 times faster by playing with the starters and being in the game. And we'll find out what kind of QB we got a lot faster too.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

No to Jimmy G, hardly an upgrade from Trubisky and Mason as is

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'd trade Tubisky and Rudolph for Jimmy without a second's thought.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Talk about game manager QBs. That is exactly what Jimmy G is. If the Steelers actually become a run first offense maybe.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

IDK but I'll tell ya this ... Sam Howell is impressing at Redskins camp

Former UNC football standout Sam Howell has impressed onlookers at Commanders’ training camp, showcasing his strong arm and accuracy in small windows. The former Tar Heel completed all four passes during the 9-on-9 drills, drawing praise from Pro Bowler Terry McLaurin.

https://keepingitheel.com/2022/07/29...training-camp/

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/stat...32889673764871
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

For the sake of your résumé, I hope he has a hall of fame career.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Be honest though…not hard to impress there.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I honestly do not care if Howell becomes an HoFer or simply fades away into obscurity. I will promise you this though...whatever the outcome I will not repeatedly take you to task for rooting for the guy.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Kirk Cousins probably looked good in Redskins camp too. However, it’s just training camp and as far as the Steelers go, the QB’s are all learning a new system, it’s no wonder Rudy is looking good so far, he’s the only one with any knowledge of what Canada likes to do. Pretty sure Trubisky and KP will pick things up in due time.

If Trubisky can't take charge of something handed to him, then give the keys to Pickett. Don't even mention Rudolph's name and starter in the same sentence. He's already had his audition.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Be honest though…not hard to impress there.
    and it would be here with the 3 we have ? lol
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Kirk Cousins probably looked good in Redskins camp too. However, it’s just training camp and as far as the Steelers go, the QB’s are all learning a new system, it’s no wonder Rudy is looking good so far, he’s the only one with any knowledge of what Canada likes to do. Pretty sure Trubisky and KP will pick things up in due time.
    Or, wait until a real game where the defenders are going all-out, and see if Rudolph can throw anything but short dump-offs. Because there are few if any examples that would suggest yes, and hundreds of examples that say otherwise.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

No matter who is the starter for week 1(It will be Trubisky or Rudolph), I wouldn't be surprised if our QB looks good for the first 2-3 week, but after that it could be a huge challenge when the opponents are going to have more tape on them and also the way the steelers use them

Just to look at Sam Darnold last year with the panthers, good in the first 3-4 weeks and a dumpster fire after that....I'm not saying that's what will happen but it's a possibility

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No matter who is the starter for week 1(It will be Trubisky or Rudolph), I wouldn't be surprised if our QB looks good for the first 2-3 week, but after that it could be a huge challenge when the opponents are going to have more tape on them and also the way the steelers use them

Just to look at Sam Darnold last year with the panthers, good in the first 3-4 weeks and a dumpster fire after that....I'm not saying that's what will happen but it's a possibility
    Potentially the most accurate prediction of the 2022 QB situation anyone has posted here in a long time.

Almost certain to be the case!

I will add this potential outcome onto yours:

For Weeks 5-8, the Steeles QBs (Trubisky and Rudolph) yo-yo in and out of the line-up and up and down in performance as the coaching staff tries to find stability and competency at the position.

In Week 10 after a bye week, Tomlin finally bites the bullet and installs Pickett as the starter. While Pickett has numerous rookie moments and demonstrates that he has significant growth to make as an NFL QB -- he looks far better than Trubiskoph. Thus calling into question WTF the team was doing in Weeks 1-8.

So basically what the Bears went through with Justin Fields last season.

Steelers QB1 Mitch Trubisky Opens Up About Going Against ‘Blitzburgh’ Thurs Far: “It’s iron on iron.”

In an interview with Pat Kirwan, Jim Miller, and Paul Alexander on SiriusXM‘s radio show “Movin’ the Chains,” Trubisky talked about his experience going against that impressive defense each day in training camp.

“They definitely have the nickname ‘Blitzburgh’ for a reason,” Trubisky stated on Movin’ the Chains. “It’s a challenge every day, but it’s a good challenge for us. It’s great for me and the o-line and the guys to be on the same page, whether it’s going through hots, changing protection, knowing where it’s coming from and just getting the ball out on time. So, it’s definitely a great challenge every day. There’s no better defense to go against than ours; it’s iron on iron. And we’re just trying to sharpen it and continue to get better.”
    https://www.steelernation.com/steele...sharpens-iron/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

and it would be here with the 3 we have ? lol
    It would be harder to impress in Pittsburgh playing against that defense vs the defense in Washington.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Or, wait until a real game where the defenders are going all-out, and see if Rudolph can throw anything but short dump-offs. Because there are few if any examples that would suggest yes, and hundreds of examples that say otherwise.
    he hasn't shown he can handle pressure, at least since the Earl Thomas hit

The best news in this training camp at this position is that Pitckett seems to be getting better and better every day, especially this week according to the reports.

That's what you want from a young QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Potentially the most accurate prediction of the 2022 QB situation anyone has posted here in a long time.

Almost certain to be the case!

I will add this potential outcome onto yours:

For Weeks 5-8, the Steeles QBs (Trubisky and Rudolph) yo-yo in and out of the line-up and up and down in performance as the coaching staff tries to find stability and competency at the position.

In Week 10 after a bye week, Tomlin finally bites the bullet and installs Pickett as the starter. While Pickett has numerous rookie moments and demonstrates that he has significant growth to make as an NFL QB -- he looks far better than Trubiskoph. Thus calling into question WTF the team was doing in Weeks 1-8.

So basically what the Bears went through with Justin Fields last season.

And Tomlin shouldn't be afraid to put Pitckett from the start if he wants since Tomlin isn't on the hot seat, far from it

Nagy was on the hot seat last year and that's why he was with Andy Dalton in week 1 since he thought he was giving him the best chance to win and save his job!

But it's not the end of the world if it's not Pitckett who starts...Josh Allen started as backup in 2018 behind Nathan Peterman!!!!!...Deshaun Watson behind Tom Savage in 2017!....Of course both of his QBs were starters in week 2 of their rookie season!

I’m going out on the Kenny Pickett limb. I’m saying he’s QB1 from the get-go.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pickett has shown improvement every day.

As many have stated, the “best” thing is for Kenny to WIN the starting job… as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pickett has shown improvement every day.

As many have stated, the “best” thing is for Kenny to WIN the starting job… as soon as possible.
    I can't wait to see him in the preseason games. I think if they give him the shot instead of wasting time on Rudolph, he will excel.

We've already been through that process with Rudolph. Other teams have got the formula down pat.

That's probably why he looks "better in training camp." The people on the other side of the ball are playing regular defense and working on regular defensive things - not playing the Let's-Fuck-Up-Rudolph defense where you overload against his weaknesses and make him look terrible.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

You’d think everyone would know that by now…lol

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Hope Kenny wins that job before week 1. I'll try to be open minded about Trubisky and Rudolph, but I can't say I'd really be excited about watching either play