Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for the QB competition!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Thread for the QB competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    2nd possession sucked
    Not because of Pickett.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

2nd possession sucked
    Last possession didn’t lol

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

2nd possession sucked
    How about the third?

It was refreshing to have a QB that could run for a first down and not look like a 250 tortoise.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Pickett needs to be the #2 QB. He looks better than Mason for sure.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

2nd possession sucked
    Don't be too much a hater on him please!

It's fine to have a lot of doubts about him and I have doubts too, but at least don't be stubborn!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Absolutely needs to be the #2. You don't let a first round pick rot at #3.

Mason won't sleep well tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    From 6 to 7!!!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Concerning Pickett, there are reasons to be encouraged tonight. However, we need not get ahead of ourselves, either. He made it through progressions at times and then locked on to receivers at others. The real problem is that he was playing against the third string, but that isn't his fault. I do love that he could put the ball down the field with some zip. But again, it's too soon to get excited.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Concerning Pickett, there are reasons to be encouraged tonight. However, we need not get ahead of ourselves, either. He made it through progressions at times and then locked on to receivers at others. The real problem is that he was playing against the third string, but that isn't his fault. I do love that he could put the ball down the field with some zip. But again, it's too soon to get excited.
    Biggest thing that I liked was that he decisive. He didn't hesitate. Make the best decision you can and GO. I'd rather see him do that (and of course he'll make mistakes but hopefully he learns from them). I think that's my biggest issue with Mason Rudolph....he doesn't look real aware in the pocket, he looks slow to make decisions. His TD pass was the exception...He made the decision quickly and let it go, best play I've seen him run.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Biggest thing that I liked was that he decisive. He didn't hesitate. Make the best decision you can and GO. I'd rather see him do that (and of course he'll make mistakes but hopefully he learns from them). I think that's my biggest issue with Mason Rudolph....he doesn't look real aware in the pocket, he looks slow to make decisions. His TD pass was the exception...He made the decision quickly and let it go, best play I've seen him run.
    Mason had some great throws, but he also had at least 3 that should have been picked or were just plain bad. I don’t expect Pickett to take over as the #1 this offseason, and didn’t get to see anything but his first and last drive thanks to NFL network stupidity, but from what I saw things are encouraging (especially since he will have Pickens to throw to, Pickens is going to be special I think).

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I thought Trubisky looked the part so I'm optimistic with him. Pickett showed a lot of promise and he'll get better real fast. Rudolph - no comment.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I feel all three QBs played very well yesterday!

I haven't had this much fun watching preseason in awhile!

Coaches are going to have a tough decision.

My Take on each QB:

Mason Rudolph:
    I don't understand why everyone automatically dismissing Mason.He was right there perform just as well.

If anything he proves he can dig himself out of a hole.

His LT botched an assignment, he has a strip sack fumble recovered himself. Shook it off. And on 3 and 1 instead of taking a check down for a 1st , took a chance drops a dime to Pickens in the corner of the endzone.

Mitch Trubisky:
    Mitch's scouting report has always been when he is on he is great, but when he is off or something slightly goes wrong, he mentally spirals out control and buries himself in mistakes.

Tonight he was on, in his small sample size looks like he made all the right decisions and progressions.

Pickett looked almost near perfect, but against 3rd stringers. So I take it with a grain of salt.

Although, that first TD was smooth.

It's great to see a QB roll out and be able to throw the ball from a bootleg! lol

finally after a different launching point for the defense to worry about.

Love Ben to death, but the last 1-2 years he was a TREE, and defenses knew where the ball would be coming from ,ultimately made there jon easier.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Pickett needs to be the #2 QB. He looks better than Mason for sure.

Mason got lucky 2 ( one could argue 3 ) times throwing into double and triple coverage , ball off the mark and gave defender a better shot than the WR ( but it was dropped ) ... so yeah he should be the 3 or traded for a bag of deflated balls
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

and 7 yard passes are not exactly things to get excited about ..... a lot of short throws to wide open players for the most part
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

and 7 yard passes are not exactly things to get excited about ..... a lot of short throws to wide open players for the most part
    It was his first game....The important thing is that he improves and become better and better

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Mason got lucky 2 ( one could argue 3 ) times throwing into double and triple coverage , ball off the mark and gave defender a better shot than the WR ( but it was dropped ) ... so yeah he should be the 3 or traded for a bag of deflated balls
    Yep.

Rudolph doesn't really fit Canada's offense as much as the other 2.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

IknowIknowIknow....it's only one preseason game against some scubs from a questionable team. But it was so much fun to watch.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Colin Cowherd ripped him for wearing that…

…which translates into “KEEP IT UP, KENNY!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Colin Cowherd ripped him for wearing that…

…which translates into “KEEP IT UP, KENNY!!!”
    I'm too dumb today. I can't figure any of this out. Possible to summarize what the shirt is?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I'm too dumb today. I can't figure any of this out. Possible to summarize what the shirt is?
    The shirt is insignificant. Cowherd feels that a QB who wears a t-shirt before a game is unprofessional.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The shirt is insignificant. Cowherd feels that a QB who wears a t-shirt before a game is unprofessional.
    normal cowherd ok Boomer out of touch nonsense.

Like you said, if it pisses him or Mark Madden off, it's probably a good thing.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/08/ke...-quarterbacks/

I actually wanna see a real 'battle' between Trubisky and Pickett, I believe he earned it.

Mason IMO didn't necessarily play bad, he looked sharp in the beginning, and then not so much about 5 plays in. One of his passes would've been a pick 6 if the defender didn't drop the ball. I don't know what it is about the guy, even though his stat line was good, he doesn't pass the eye test.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Seems all three QB’s did what they were supposed to do yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    normal cowherd ok Boomer out of touch nonsense.

Like you said, if it pisses him or Mark Madden off, it's probably a good thing.
    BINGO!!!

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Pickett played better than we could have hoped. Playing in his first NFL game, in front of the home crowd and making accurate throws to win the game is big time.

He basically dink and dunked the seahawks to death BUT what I liked about it, was he went through his progressions and made decisions quickly, which is rare for a QB right out of college. And none of those dink and dunk passes were lame WR screens.