Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Ben drama: Ben say Colbert wanted him to retire before 2021 (we all did Ben)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: More Ben drama: Ben say Colbert wanted him to retire before 2021 (we all did Ben)

Quote Originally Posted by mark0933 View Post
    I think what Ben was trying to say was that with the emergence of fantasy football, both fans (and players) focus on the fantasy value of individual accomplishments (especially on offense) more than in the past. In the past everyone cheered for the team as a whole, but now its more I want player X to put up 300 yards today and player Y to run for 200 yds (but not score any TD's since I have the opposing defense). The overall team win/loss record has become secondary it seems.
    Or maybe he was talking about the killer B's era of the steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: More Ben drama: Ben say Colbert wanted him to retire before 2021 (we all did Ben)

Is there more context to his statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there more context to his statement?
    Look at the article of post 17 of this thread.It was the interview by Ben with Ron Cook

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ben liked it better when he was able to put the younger players in car seats…

More on Ben today...Here his comments

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ahhhh…..Ben got old and doesn’t realize it.

People were saying the same thing about players when he came in. In fact, many said it specifically about him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Want guys to be tougher? Guaranteed contracts will do that.

Why play hurt and risk ruining your chances for a bigger second contract when the team will cut you and stop paying you as soon as your body breaks down.

The NFL is a stars and scrubs league. Ben was paid and treated like a star. And he’s whining about the scrub life he doesn’t know about.

I’ve not read the full context(s) for his comments and I likely won’t because now that he’s retired, I just don’t care what he thinks. Ut he sound like he’s got his head pretty far up his butt on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Want guys to be tougher? Guaranteed contracts will do that.

It don't happen in the NBA with all the load management in the regular season despite to have over 200 millions guaranteed in their contract....This is even way worse and this is a true circus...

But what Ben was saying in general was the QBs were better protected because of the rules and the practices were less hard now than they were when he started his career and it was fine for him!

It don't happen in the NBA with all the load management in the regular season despite to have over 200 millions guaranteed in their contract....This is even way worse and this is a true circus...

But what Ben was saying in general was the QBs were better protected because of the rules and the practices were less hard now than they were when he started his career and it was fine for him!
    I don’t see it as a decrease in NBA toughness. I see it as teams getting waaaaaay smarter. There’s no prize for winning a ton of regular season games and then not having the legs to actually win in the postseason.

If the NBA wants to ditch load management then shorten your season. They play too many meaningless games.

Back to the NFL, Ben doesn’t seem to realize that if he gets hurt in two a days or in a game, the team is going to continue to pay him and stick by him. But that isn’t the case for 75% + of the roster.

One could argue the Steelers stick by their players better than most. But players lack any incentive to scramble their brains and destroy their joints in the name of “toughness”. It’s just going to shorten their careers and derail their earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don’t see it as a decrease in NBA toughness. I see it as teams getting waaaaaay smarter. There’s no prize for winning a ton of regular season games and then not having the legs to actually win in the postseason.

If the NBA wants to ditch load management then shorten your season. They play too many meaningless games.

Back to the NFL, Ben doesn’t seem to realize that if he gets hurt in two a days or in a game, the team is going to continue to pay him and stick by him. But that isn’t the case for 75% + of the roster.

One could argue the Steelers stick by their players better than most. But players lack any incentive to scramble their brains and destroy their joints in the name of “toughness”. It’s just going to shorten their careers and derail their earnings.
    I think this is what Ben was saying in the nfl in bold too.Here one of his comments about the current NFL

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ben’s problem is that he either needs to keep his mouth shut or stick to his guns.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I have said many times that he should have retired a year earlier and that last year should have been used for us to see if Rudolph was legit or not. Now it seems that we will have to burn this year to find that out.

people are saying that Ben wasn’t “embarrassing” for us last year and that was good. Is that our standard now? “At least he didn’t suck?”

i knew at the end of 2020 season Ben could not help us win a SB. Prior years I’ve always believed that but last year was just a nice retirement tour for Ben.

also I don’t see any drama in Ben. He wanted to play. This is how all the great ones are. They are great because they have a fighting spirit not because they are aware when they should hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I have said many times that he should have retired a year earlier and that last year should have been used for us to see if Rudolph was legit or not. Now it seems that we will have to burn this year to find that out.

people are saying that Ben wasn’t “embarrassing” for us last year and that was good. Is that our standard now? “At least he didn’t suck?”

i knew at the end of 2020 season Ben could not help us win a SB. Prior years I’ve always believed that but last year was just a nice retirement tour for Ben.

also I don’t see any drama in Ben. He wanted to play. This is how all the great ones are. They are great because they have a fighting spirit not because they are aware when they should hang it up.
    No, our standards are not low but for a washed QB, it could easily have been much worse like being a turnovers machine in addition to his very low YPA and Tomlin being forced to bench Ben, a bit like the broncos with Peyton Manning back in 2015 in mid-season

It was just a relief for me when it was over.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

UFC 412:
    Ben vs. Cam

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    UFC 412:
    Ben vs. Cam
    Mason Cole vs the DL

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    UFC 412:
    Ben vs. Cam
    I'll place my bet on Cam now.

Last edited by polamalubeast; 08-24-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Actually, we found that out in 2019. He isn't.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Where's the picture of Ben hugging Mason??

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Where's the picture of Ben hugging Mason??
    Never! He went out of his way to hug other people in front of Mason or show him pictures of him hugging Troy or Harrison…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Who’s Mason?

Drama!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

So much for him being pissed off at the Steelers for forcing him into an unwanted retirement...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    So much for him being pissed off at the Steelers for forcing him into an unwanted retirement...
    Beat me to it. But I still wanna see him and Mason hug it out lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Drama!

I think that’s a moronic tweet. It’s like comparing an apple with a truck. Ben is showing support for guys who’ve stood with him for up to 10 years.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think that’s a moronic tweet. It’s like comparing an apple with a truck. Ben is showing support for guys who’ve stood with him for up to 10 years.
    Damn right! And I’m sure he is welcome anytime.