Thread: Pitt Alum Likens Pickett to Burrow

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pitt Alum Likens Pickett to Burrow

Shady McCoy was on one of those round table talkshows, and he stated that Kenny Pickett’s college career was similar to Joe Burrow’s college career… and that he expects similar success from Pickett in the NFL.

The other members of the show said McCoy was simply being a Pitt HOMER. McCoy pointed out how both Pickett & Burrow struggled early, improved every year, and then had great senior seasons.

Several of them retorted that Pickett was throwing to Addison, which skewed Pickett’s numbers. McCoy pointed out that Burrow had equally as good of receivers at LSU.

Chase Claypool was a part of the panel, and when asked if he thought Pickett was a good as Burrow, Claypool paused (obviously… because Burrow has already proven to be really good) and said something along the lines of: “He’s my quarterback.”

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Pitt Alum Likens Pickett to Burrow

I'm buying me some Kenny Pickett stock!!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Just remember I always wanted to draft him. Unless he sucks then don't remember that.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Pickett's gonna be a good QB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

After one decade of starting in the league, Burrow will have three Super Bowl appearances (one already) and one Lombardi.

Pickett is Burrow-lite. So, after a decade of starting for the Steelers, Pickett will have only appeared in two Super Bowls… winning one.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    After one decade of starting in the league, Burrow will have three Super Bowl appearances (one already) and one Lombardi.

Pickett is Burrow-lite. So, after a decade of starting for the Steelers, Pickett will have only appeared in two Super Bowls… winning one.
    2 super bowls / 1 win in 10 years, honestly i'd take it