Thread: Wake Me Up...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wake Me Up...

Wake me up when this site comes back online..........................

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Wake Me Up...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Wake me up when this site comes back online..........................
    it's great that you started a new thread though!

it's important to this message board because it goes on Twitter and new members join in droves because of it. that's why we have so much traffic here...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

its back....

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

its been a good run ........... lets face it dedicated team message boards have been slowly dying out for the last half dozen or so years ..this one was insulated from that for a long time but the times are catching up to it ...

it will linger for several more years so enjoy it while you can the big guys ( twitter , facebook etc ) slowly will win out just like Amazon and Walmart have gutted the competition sure kmart hung on for awhile but it too eventually drowned ..
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Not sure if I am missing something here or not. There just isnt much of substance to talk about in the Steelers world right now, so I thought thats why the activity is pretty minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Not sure if I am missing something here or not. There just isnt much of substance to talk about in the Steelers world right now, so I thought thats why the activity is pretty minimal.
    Yep, seems to me that the message board is often very slow during the offseason. Back in the days of SteelersFever, we'd fill it with infighting and bickering but I'm glad to see that's not happening here.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

wake me up when training camp starts

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I'm on two other Steelers message boards and both are very active.

maybe it's because they don't have mods that ban you for a month on your first offense for not starting threads they way the mod thinks it should be done.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I'm on two other Steelers message boards and both are very active.

maybe it's because they don't have mods that ban you for a month on your first offense for not starting threads they way the mod thinks it should be done.
    Someone has been banned here before?? That must be ancient history. I don’t think there’s mods that check in enough to find something ban-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Someone has been banned here before?? That must be ancient history. I don’t think there’s mods that check in enough to find something ban-worthy.
    yes, I was banned for a month because one of the mods didn't agree with how I was posting new threads. and no, it wasn't that long ago.

so I stopped posting new threads, that sure was an effective use of banning someone and increasing board traffic.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

yes, I was banned for a month because one of the mods didn't agree with how I was posting new threads. and no, it wasn't that long ago.

so I stopped posting new threads, that sure was an effective use of banning someone and increasing board traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    yeah, she insisted I start a new thread every time instead of adding it to an already existing one with the same topic even if that meant there would be 5 threads of the same subject.

because what's of utmost importance is that new threads go to our Twitter account and new members will see them and then join this message board in droves just like how they have obviously done.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

You can't make that shit up!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, she insisted I start a new thread every time instead of adding it to an already existing one with the same topic even if that meant there would be 5 threads of the same subject.

because what's of utmost importance is that new threads go to our Twitter account and new members will see them and then join this message board in droves just like how they have obviously done.

Aloha my friend!

Nice to see you here. I haven't been around much, but I'm glad to see your input.

This message board is much better with you than without you.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

its been a good run ........... lets face it dedicated team message boards have been slowly dying out for the last half dozen or so years ..this one was insulated from that for a long time but the times are catching up to it ...

it will linger for several more years so enjoy it while you can the big guys ( twitter , facebook etc ) slowly will win out just like Amazon and Walmart have gutted the competition sure kmart hung on for awhile but it too eventually drowned ..
    true steeler fans will keep the message boards alive. some of us just want to talk steelers football and refuse to plaster our lives and general views all over public sites for the world to see. the message boards are still the best place to talk football. Anyway, its just offseason and were in between eras - its hard to talk about football when you have very little idea what to expect - just a guess, but if Ben were coming back there'd be more activity

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    true steeler fans will keep the message boards alive. some of us just want to talk steelers football and refuse to plaster our lives and general views all over public sites for the world to see. the message boards are still the best place to talk football. Anyway, its just offseason and were in between eras - its hard to talk about football when you have very little idea what to expect - just a guess, but if Ben were coming back there'd be more activity

see thats the thing , there is always an excuse but the fact is this place was active 12 month of the year not all that long ago ... sure a slight downturn at seasons end but a huge uptick prior to the draft and again at minicamp and training camp times ....

the downturn happened this year with zero uptick at draft time and nothing for minicamp either .... we shall see about training camp but I have my doubts based on what has been happening .... as for the True steelers fans aspect believe it or not we are no better than other fan sites the reality is all message boards /fan sites are lingering and are not what they once were thats just the facts ... half of this active board are from my old board the other half steelers fever we have seen it before , its a common theme ...

it sucks but that doesnt make it less true
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Where does Crash post at? I wanna check that board out. Not permanently, just to browse and amuse myself for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Aloha my friend!

Nice to see you here. I haven't been around much, but I'm glad to see your input.

This message board is much better with you than without you.
    thanks zach,

you know I feel the same way about you. a lot of us go way back, it would be a shame for this website to go under because of a certain rogue female mod.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That makes sense if you are running a board. It doesn’t make sense to bury aeverything about one player in a random thread. As a board owner, you want those threads popping up on twitter to help with traffic. It’s not a big deal to start a new thread.

At the same time, I don’t hunk that warrants banning someone for a month. Lol. Especially if there’s not an Admin or someone monitoring the board in the first place. If they are just cherry picking the admin of the board then what’s the point? There’s plenty of “mega-threads” out there to the point where they could probably ban everyone for one post or another...

probably doesnt help the board that every thread eventually turns into some sort of political shit show and that the most popular threads on the board are in the soapbox. should probably just throw the soapbox in the garbage and just talk about football...like people used to do...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

probably doesnt help the board that every thread eventually turns into some sort of political shit show and that the most popular threads on the board are in the soapbox. should probably just throw the soapbox in the garbage and just talk about football...like people used to do...
    Agree with you but the lines got blurred especially the last few years when "politics" got inserted into sports.

Once I see any politics into a thread, I'm out. I stay out of the soapbox and any other thread with politics. I don't want to hear about it in Steelers talk. I am in another Steelers group and they banned politics.

But Dwins brings up a great point. Social media has alot of groups too and they are free. I mean I like this forum but I'm in Facebook groups for Steelers and other discussions and it doesn't cost a cent. I'm not sure of the cost of this forum but I'm sure it isn't cheap w/the cost of everything going up.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

see thats the thing , there is always an excuse but the fact is this place was active 12 month of the year not all that long ago ... sure a slight downturn at seasons end but a huge uptick prior to the draft and again at minicamp and training camp times ....

the downturn happened this year with zero uptick at draft time and nothing for minicamp either .... we shall see about training camp but I have my doubts based on what has been happening .... as for the True steelers fans aspect believe it or not we are no better than other fan sites the reality is all message boards /fan sites are lingering and are not what they once were thats just the facts ... half of this active board are from my old board the other half steelers fever we have seen it before , its a common theme ...

it sucks but that doesnt make it less true
    People not being around before the Draft was concerning. If that doesn’t bring about discussion, nothing will.

As far as mini-camp and/or training camp goes, those threads die quickly because of derision. A thread will be made detailing how prospect X performed… and immediately people jump on the person who started the thread for being a delusional Steelers fan. In turn, there seems to be absolutely ZERO reason to start threads in the off-season.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Here's a picture of Tia Blanco, maybe people will show up now

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    In turn, there seems to be absolutely ZERO reason to start threads in the off-season.
    Honestly, there’s no time during the calendar year when I’m not interested in discussing Steelers football.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Agree with you but the lines got blurred especially the last few years when "politics" got inserted into sports.

Once I see any politics into a thread, I'm out. I stay out of the soapbox and any other thread with politics. I don't want to hear about it in Steelers talk. I am in another Steelers group and they banned politics.

But Dwins brings up a great point. Social media has alot of groups too and they are free. I mean I like this forum but I'm in Facebook groups for Steelers and other discussions and it doesn't cost a cent. I'm not sure of the cost of this forum but I'm sure it isn't cheap w/the cost of everything going up.
    Your situation and actions are exactly what I am referring too. The politics in sports drives people away IMO.

That makes sense if you are running a board. It doesn’t make sense to bury aeverything about one player in a random thread. As a board owner, you want those threads popping up on twitter to help with traffic. It’s not a big deal to start a new thread.

At the same time, I don’t hunk that warrants banning someone for a month. Lol. Especially if there’s not an Admin or someone monitoring the board in the first place. If they are just cherry picking the admin of the board then what’s the point? There’s plenty of “mega-threads” out there to the point where they could probably ban everyone for one post or another...
    I'm experienced enough to know when to add a topic to an already pre-existing thread or when to start a brand new one. I understand the part about Twitter possibly attracting new members, but to alienate a long-time existing member who was contributing to the board and posting many other new threads makes no sense at all.

and to ban me for a month for what was essentially my "first offense" to me was just a power-hungry move by our female mod whose ego had run totally out of control.