Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chase Claypool: I know I’m a top-three receiver in the NFL

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: Chase Claypool: I know I’m a top-three receiver in the NFL

just laughable

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Tomlin on "The Pivot" was really good.

Claypool. Sure, just go prove it now.
    hell just get in the conversation .......................
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    hell just get in the conversation .......................
    I agree with you.

I think a lot of fans dont understand the competitive mindset. As an athlete, if you dont place high value on yourself, you cant expect anybody to place a higher value on your behalf. So I have zero problem with these guys believing in themselves and if they want to verbalize it, so it helps motivate them to walk their talk, then that is fine with me.

Some fans think its cocky and for some players it is. But there is a fine line between cocky and confident.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree with you.

I think a lot of fans dont understand the competitive mindset. As an athlete, if you dont place high value on yourself, you cant expect anybody to place a higher value on your behalf. So I have zero problem with these guys believing in themselves and if they want to verbalize it, so it helps motivate them to walk their talk, then that is fine with me.

Some fans think its cocky and for some players it is. But there is a fine line between cocky and confident.
    I also agree. My only issue is when guys take it a step farther and demand more touches when the team is say 8-2. I realize that’s not the case here. Anyone 6’5 with 4.4 speed and obvious strength and leaping ability should think they are or capable of being elite.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I also agree. My only issue is when guys take it a step farther and demand more touches when the team is say 8-2. I realize that’s not the case here. Anyone 6’5 with 4.4 speed and obvious strength and leaping ability should think they are or capable of being elite.
    Yeah, I personally like when 6'4" 220lb guys with 4.4 speed play like they are 5'9" 175lbs and have something to prove. But I can think of lots of guys that needed to talk bigger than they were and were still big time players. Lets hope that Claypool asserts himself this season as a guy that can be a top 3 receiver in the division.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Didn't Claypool have surgery right after the season? Could his "regression" be due to that?

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Let's look for some context here.
    "I know for a fact I am not like the rest of the guys in the NFL," Claypool said on the I Am Athlete podcast. "I know I'm a top-five receiver. I know I’m a top-three receiver."

"When I’m working, I'm like, 'I'm a dog.' I’m gonna dog people lined up across from me, too," Claypool said (32:00 in video). "And I've just got to bring that confidence and I've got to bring that spirit and I’ve just got to show people. And it's going to happen. And we're going to rewind this and we're going to see this clip in a little bit and they're going to be like, 'Damn, he was right.'"
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-wr-in-the-nfl

From the second paragraph, I think the proper interpretation of Claypool's statement is that he has the capacity to be one of the top three and he's going to work and make it happen.

I have no problem with that statement at all. I wish he might have said it a little differently, but that's not really important at this point.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Let's look for some context here.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-wr-in-the-nfl

From the second paragraph, I think the proper interpretation of Claypool's statement is that he has the capacity to be one of the top three and he's going to work and make it happen.

I have no problem with that statement at all. I wish he might have said it a little differently, but that's not really important at this point.
    Hey! Don't bring context into it! It's all about the sound bite and the headline.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Hey! Don't bring context into it! It's all about the sound bite and the headline.
    Context is overrated, I like to just read the headlines and respond without reading the article at all just because that's what everybody else does

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

He says he was a better player his second year than his first. Even though it seems his production was better in his first year?? Maybe he got better by osmosis. No details about what he was doing wrong, what he needed to fix, etc

i hope he does put in the work as much as he talks, cause he’s got Pickens looking over his shoulder,
    Last edited by Steeler-in-west; 06-25-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well I hope he can back it up, because if I remember the Wide Receiver Language class I took in college, the most common meaning of phrases like that is roughly, "I want to be very highly paid - and even if I am, I'll be complaining about it within a year when someone else on another team gets an even bigger contract."
    See you Space Cowboy ...