Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers, Minkah Fitzpatrick Agree To Four-Year Contract Extension

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Steelers, Minkah Fitzpatrick Agree To Four-Year Contract Extension

And the BIG CONTRACT on offense goes to.........???

Actually, it goes to the player that deserves it whether they play offense or defense. What kind of drivel is pay both sides equally? It's like he knows nothing about the games and just writes to stir shit up.

Dan Moore may be the next 'highest paid' for the Steelers. Who else are they going to do that with on this offense? I would love to keep DJ around but not as the 'highest paid' WR. That would be wasteful, IMO. Love Najee but not going to dish it out for a RB either. I guess if one of these QBs balls out and needs to be locked down long term, but that's a long shot.

Continue to make the defense elite. Find the next Bradshaw/BigBen. OL, OL, OL! I like the way this FO works(has worked). I trust the process.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    And the BIG CONTRACT on offense goes to.........???

Actually, it goes to the player that deserves it whether they play offense or defense. What kind of drivel is pay both sides equally? It's like he knows nothing about the games and just writes to stir shit up.

Dan Moore may be the next 'highest paid' for the Steelers. Who else are they going to do that with on this offense? I would love to keep DJ around but not as the 'highest paid' WR. That would be wasteful, IMO. Love Najee but not going to dish it out for a RB either. I guess if one of these QBs balls out and needs to be locked down long term, but that's a long shot.

Continue to make the defense elite. Find the next Bradshaw/BigBen. OL, OL, OL! I like the way this FO works(has worked). I trust the process.
    Freiermuth would probably make the most sense as the next big offensive contract. DJ? Maybe. Najee? Probably not. Current OL? No thanks. QB? Maybe Pickett? Time will tell but Freiermuth is up before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Freiermuth would probably make the most sense as the next big offensive contract. DJ? Maybe. Najee? Probably not. Current OL? No thanks. QB? Maybe Pickett? Time will tell but Freiermuth is up before him.
    If Pickett or Moore showed that franchise-ability, they would both jump Freiermuth by priority. Plus, I was thinking in terms of 'highest paid'. I'm not even sure what that would look like per those 3 players in maybe 2 seasons. But by position, IMO it would go QB-LT-TE, in that order.

I guess my original point was directed at the remark of the Steelers putting too much money on the defensive side. And sort of questioning who would you pay that level of money to on the offensive side. Nobody is the answer this offseason. So put the money into the defense. Which is what they did.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If Pickett or Moore showed that franchise-ability, they would both jump Freiermuth by priority. Plus, I was thinking in terms of 'highest paid'. I'm not even sure what that would look like per those 3 players in maybe 2 seasons. But by position, IMO it would go QB-LT-TE, in that order.

I guess my original point was directed at the remark of the Steelers putting too much money on the defensive side. And sort of questioning who would you pay that level of money to on the offensive side. Nobody is the answer this offseason. So put the money into the defense. Which is what they did.
    I agree with you but I think Freiermuth wins it by default…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree with you but I think Freiermuth wins it by default…lol.
    Freiermuth wins the fans choice extension.

Once TC begins, I would rather see a struggling offense going against an elite defense and having to work desperately hard just to make a 1st down. The defense can still get experience with signal calling, switches, assignments, rotations, etc. If you have an elite offense against a struggling defense, neither squad learns much about how to become better. When both squads are playing well is when you find that sweet spot and you see teams become a family and truly become title contenders.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If the D can generate turnovers and help the O with field position, it will lend to a few wins early in the season.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Neither Colin Cowherd nor Mark Madden liked the signing… which is evidence enough that it is an OUTSTANDING signing.

Don’t bother searching for (falling for) their clickbait.
    Mark Madden dislike almost every steelers players for some reason!...He is so toxic

Cowherd is a true bandwagon fan