Thread: JuJu Doesn’t Rule Out Return To Pittsburgh During Fundraiser

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

JuJu Doesn’t Rule Out Return To Pittsburgh During Fundraiser

JuJu Smith-Schuster may not be catching passes in Pittsburgh this season, but that doesn't mean he's lost his soft spot for the city he once called home.

The 25-year-old hosted a fundraiser at the Strip District Terminal along Smallman Street from 9 AM to 2 PM on Sunday.

All proceeds from the event went to local charities and institutions such as Paws Across Pittsburgh Animal Rescue and Magee-Women's Research Institute, among others.

A $20 entry fee gave fans one piece of merchandise, a picture, and an autograph.

"It was just very important. It was huge to come back," Smith-Schuster said. "I spent five years here, to come back to the city where I started my career. When you sign and go to a new team, you move so fast, that I literally picked up all my stuff and moved. I didn't have time to say bye to the fans. What we're doing today is really cool."

Smith-Schuster signed a one-year, $3,250,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs earlier in the offseason, but he didn't close the door on a return to Pittsburgh in the future.

"I could see myself back here. Even today, this shows a lot, that I still have fans out here coming out to support me."

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/n...to-pittsburgh/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: JuJu Doesn’t Rule Out Return To Pittsburgh During Fundraiser

forgot how small of a 1 year contract he got and seems really minuscule when you look at the deals made this off season for WR's ... granted he hasnt done anything in a few seasons but he is still just 25
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

forgot how small of a 1 year contract he got and seems really minuscule when you look at the deals made this off season for WR's ... granted he hasnt done anything in a few seasons but he is still just 25
    There receivers that seem to have done less that got paid more...lol.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Meh.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The door closed on that Era. Moving on.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Eh I'd be open to it for the right price. He didn't leave on bad terms or anything

They’ve brought worse back...lol. Much worse.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He should be able to catch 80 balls for 1100 with Mahomes, even if they spread the ball around. If he grabs 50 for 600, it would be a sign that he’s done.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Would not be surprised. Steelers have a history of getting players back that left.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Wide receiver is going to be a strength on this team for years to come. Spend the money on OL and DL in the next 2-3 years. Jujus a good receiver, maybe he can spend the last couple years of his career back in Pitt

His off-field issues have been minimal and what was there were tempests in teapots. If he has skills that can help this team improve sometime in the future, I'd have no problem with seeing him on the team again. On another note, the last time we had a decent to good WR go to Denver our number 1 WR took up the slack and really showed himself to be the best WR in the NFL. Let's hope history repeats itself in all but the later personality problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He should be able to catch 80 balls for 1100 with Mahomes, even if they spread the ball around. If he grabs 50 for 600, it would be a sign that he’s done.
    80 for 1100 may not be possible with all the receivers they have there…

Kelce, JuJu, MVS, Hardman, Skyy Moore, Justyn Ross, Josh Gordon and most importantly, Matthew Sexton.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    80 for 1100 may not be possible with all the receivers they have there…

Kelce, JuJu, MVS, Hardman, Skyy Moore, Justyn Ross, Josh Gordon and most importantly, Matthew Sexton.
    They have a bunch of WR3s, not counting the TE.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They have a bunch of WR3s, not counting the TE.
    Correct. So that’s just going to be spread around to all of those guys. That’s kinda how Andy Reid used to operate before T.O. and before Hill.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

back to the original post .... why would he say otherwise ... 32 teams in the league why would you count out one of the potential employers if you want to maximize your worth ...

as for later comments he is more than a 3 or can be anyways we seen what he is capable of doing with AB taking the heat on most snaps so as long as he is healthy and has a true #1 taking the double team he can be a reliable playmaker ... that said mistaking him for a #1 would be a huge mistake as we witnessed and his reliability in the health department is questionable for good reason ....

he does help in the run game with his willingness to block and he is gritty in the tough yardage department .... he is the Mike Rowe of WR's (Dirty Jobs) and he can get it done as long as he is healthy and kept clean from the double by a shifty /speed guy playing the other side or with him in the slot .... he is an absolute STEAL at the price the Chiefs paid for his services , I mean 2.89 million (plus achievable incentives)
    • $2.49M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2022 salary)
    • Per Game Active Bonus: $30,000 ($510,000, 5 LTBE)
    • Catch Incentives (non-cumulative)
      40 receptions: $500,000
      50 receptions: $1M
      65 receptions: $1.5M
    • Yards Incentives (non-cumulative)
      500 yards: $500,000
      650 yards: $1M
      900 yards: $1.5M
    • Playing Time Incentives (non-cumulative)
      45%: $500,000
      65%: $1.5M
    • Pro Bowl: $1M
    • Playoffs
      AFC Championship Win (50% snaps): $500,000
      Super Bowl Win (50% snaps): $500,000

Sources: NFL contract specifics generally collected from verified reports

mighty cheap for a proven #2 who has had a run of bad luck in the injury department
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Correct. So that’s just going to be spread around to all of those guys. That’s kinda how Andy Reid used to operate before T.O. and before Hill.
    Right, but my point is that if he can't stand out in that pedestrian group, he's turned into a WR3 himself.