Thread: I came across these Steelers ticket stubs in a box. Any idea what year they're from? Being in the 600 level obviously Three Rivers Stadium days.

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

I came across these Steelers ticket stubs in a box. Any idea what year they're from? Being in the 600 level obviously Three Rivers Stadium days.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: I came across these Steelers ticket stubs in a box. Any idea what year they're from? Being in the 600 level obviously Three Rivers Stadium days.

LOL, $11 dollars. That won't even buy you the bun for a hotdog now.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: I came across these Steelers ticket stubs in a box. Any idea what year they're from? Being in the 600 level obviously Three Rivers Stadium days.

Looks like that's from 1980: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354018907037

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

was gonna say that was a mid/late 80s ticket but that has been established already ... interestingly enough the steelers tickets have increased 93% over the last 15 years to 6th highest in the league as of 2021
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Strange thing is there are a bunch of pictures of that year's ticket stubs floating around the internet, and the price on almost all of them was $11.00 regardless of where they were in the stadium (only one was different, $13.00). A good mix of the 200s, 500s, 600s, even what looked like lower field level box seats all for $11. Did they have uniform prices for the whole stadium back then, or maybe at least if you bought season tickets? Because that's something you'd sure never see today.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think in 1989, the tickets were $18.00. So maybe that is an early 80s ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Funny, the player on the ticket has a number 69, that number was backup DE Fred Anderson's who was last on the roster in 1978.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I came across these Steelers ticket stubs in a box. Any idea what year they're from? Being in the 600 level obviously Three Rivers Stadium days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Funny, the player on the ticket has a number 69, that number was backup DE Fred Anderson's who was last on the roster in 1978.
    That looks like Franco Harris’ body and gear. Maybe just a “photoshop” job because they probably didn’t have the rights to use “real” players on the tickets?

Or maybe they just have an “actor” for photos and that number wasn’t in rotation at the time for those tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That looks like Franco Harris’ body and gear. Maybe just a “photoshop” job because they probably didn’t have the rights to use “real” players on the tickets?

Or maybe they just have an “actor” for photos and that number wasn’t in rotation at the time for those tickets?
    it does look like Harris. I would go with your first guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

A lot of the other tickets from that year have recognizable players on them, including Franco Harris. Do an image search for "1980 Steelers ticket stub" and several will pop up.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

It does look like 1980. Thank you.