Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 15 Steelers All-Time

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Top 15 Steelers All-Time

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    B2S, I hope you don’t mind the abbreviation ….that was my point….I certainly can’t narrow down to 15 and even 25 is tough. I’m not really trying to be an ass…(well maybe a little), but why do we have to rate players. The defenses that played with Bradshaw were unquestionably the best. Does that make Bradshaw any less qualified. Noll sat his ass down in favor for Joe Gilliam, because…as Noll said, “Bradshaw keeps getting his jerseys mixed up”. So what is this reporter, making a top “15” ALL TIME pick. I don’t want to mention how long I’ve loved the Steelers, but I could never narrow my picks to 15.
    The list was made by Gil Brandt who is 90 years old and always biased to his former team, the Cowboys, who he was VP of player personnel in the 70s/80s before Jerrah took over. He and Landry would cry so much that Noll would make jokes about the crying. And Noll was always serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    B2S, I hope you don’t mind the abbreviation ….that was my point….I certainly can’t narrow down to 15 and even 25 is tough. I’m not really trying to be an ass…(well maybe a little), but why do we have to rate players. The defenses that played with Bradshaw were unquestionably the best. Does that make Bradshaw any less qualified. Noll sat his ass down in favor for Joe Gilliam, because…as Noll said, “Bradshaw keeps getting his jerseys mixed up”. So what is this reporter, making a top “15” ALL TIME pick. I don’t want to mention how long I’ve loved the Steelers, but I could never narrow my picks to 15.
    The list was made by Gil Brandt who is 90 years old and always biased to his former team, the Cowboys, who he was VP of player personnel in the 70s/80s before Jerrah took over. He and Landry would cry so much that Noll would make jokes about the crying. And Noll was always serious.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Joe Greene is great and all but without Bradshaw do they win 4 super bowls? I think no.

You got it backward. Without Joe Greene there are no 4 rings.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Without either. Joe Greene changed games but he still has zero TD passes in his career.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    No offense to Joe, who was an all time great, but nothing is a game changer more so than having a franchise QB. And Bradshaw was one of the most clutch QB's you could ever have in big moments.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    CRASH’S TOP 15:

15. Diontae Johnson
    14. JuJu Smith-Schuster
    13. Plaxico Burress
    12. Andre Hastings
    11. Antwaan Randle-El
    10. Mike Wallace
    9. Nate Washington
    8. Yancey Thigpen