Thread: Bad blood between Ben and Steelers

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Bad blood between Ben and Steelers

Dulac in his chat seemed confident that Ben feels that he was pushed out. Maybe something was said this past year to Ben that if he didn’t retire, he would be cut. Maybe Ben feels that he was very loyal and dedicated and played hurt and sacrificed his longevity by playing this way. In any case, Ben was done. He was done last year and I wasn’t too happy to have him back this year. If he did play hurt and that cost him additional years - I thank him for his dedication. He brought two Lombardis to the Burgh. I will forever be grateful but Ben it was definitely time to move on.

Billy Bob
    : Is there bad blood between the Steelers and Big Ben with how his career ended. Was he ready to retire or was it a Troy type situation where he was forced into it?
    Gerry Dulac: I would say it's very very safe to assume that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Bad blood between Ben and Steelers

So does there have to be bad blood anytime someone retires from the Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He easily could have been pushed out an entire season earlier. He got his farewell tour…

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They stuck with him though a lot of shit during his career and gave him a lot of money. There is nothing that Ben should be upset about.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

You don't always get to choose when you retire. In pro sports it is a rare thing. Nobody wants to be told it's time to hang 'em up. Give Ben some time to get used to not playing football and I would wager all the hard feelings will be dismissed. It's a natural feeling for him right now. Of course it is. It's the only life he knows.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

What, is Dulac trying to fill the "void" left by Ed Bullchitte?

Steelers Depot nails it, IMO:

Dulac, in typical fashion, failed to truly expand on his answer, stating "I would say it's very very safe to assume that," which is essentially seeing a chance to ignite a bonfire, lighting a match, stepping back and tossing the match before walking away. Dulac knew what he was doing here with his answer, which will surely create some discussion amongst the fanbase.
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/ge...ng-retirement/

And which is EXACTLY what Bouchette's M.O. was.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Steelers Depot nails it, IMO:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/ge...ng-retirement/

And which is EXACTLY what Bouchette's M.O. was.

It sure sounds like this is much closer to complete bullshit than it is to reality.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Dulac in his chat seemed confident that Ben feels that he was pushed out. Maybe something was said this past year to Ben that if he didn’t retire, he would be cut. Maybe Ben feels that he was very loyal and dedicated and played hurt and sacrificed his longevity by playing this way. In any case, Ben was done. He was done last year and I wasn’t too happy to have him back this year. If he did play hurt and that cost him additional years - I thank him for his dedication. He brought two Lombardis to the Burgh. I will forever be grateful but Ben it was definitely time to move on.

Billy Bob
    : Is there bad blood between the Steelers and Big Ben with how his career ended. Was he ready to retire or was it a Troy type situation where he was forced into it?
    Gerry Dulac: I would say it's very very safe to assume that.

Dulac is a bonafide idiot. He never admits when he is glaringly wrong and pretends to have inside info that never pans out.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah, Dulac said they aren't drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, Dulac - Dream on about getting Myles Jack.

He needs to retire with Bulchitte already.FOH.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

He's lucky he wasn't pushed out after being accused of rape twice and driving his motorcycle without a helmet into a car. Let's face it Ben was not a very "bright" guy, but he was a touch SOB.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Sounds like bullschitte to me

Ben Roethlisberger made sure to reach out to the man drafted to replace his very large shoes. First round pick QB Kenny Pickett spoke with the media for the first time since draft weekend as he and the Steelers kickoff their rookie minicamp weekend. And he noted Roethlisberger recently reached out to him, offering advice

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/ke...-there-for-me/

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I really don't think there is bad blood, how could there be ? The organization bent every way they could to help Ben in every situation he got into. Ben should have retired a few years ago. We all knew he wasn't the ole' Ben we knew, we all knew he couldn't play the way he wanted to, and we all knew ( even Ben knew) his body was being disintegrated every week and every play. It was time for him to go while he could walk off the field on his own strength. Time will heal his football void. Thanks Ben again for your years you've given us fan and hope you have many healthy year's left enjoying your family. Now, that's my final thoughts on Ben, the bad blood BS and any other rumors concerning PAST affairs. GO STEELER'S and whoever takes the reigns of QB !

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Slow news time for Steelers beat writers....

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Fake news.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Sounds like bullschitte to me

Ben Roethlisberger made sure to reach out to the man drafted to replace his very large shoes. First round pick QB Kenny Pickett spoke with the media for the first time since draft weekend as he and the Steelers kickoff their rookie minicamp weekend. And he noted Roethlisberger recently reached out to him, offering advice

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/ke...-there-for-me/
    Yeah Ben also invited Trubisky and his wife to his house. Such bad blood.