Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2022 Schedule

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers 2022 Schedule

Official dates will be released on Thursday, May 12.

Here are the opponents:

Home: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Saints, Buccaneers, Raiders

Away: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, Eagles, Colts, Bills

Update:

Steelers 2022 Regular Season Schedule:
    Week 1 @ Bengals: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 2 vs. Patriots: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 3 @ Browns: Thursday Night Football
    Week 4 vs. Jets: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 5 @Bills: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 6 vs. Buccaneers: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 7 @ Dolphins: 8:20 p.m. ET
    Week 8 @ Eagles: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 9 Bye Week
    Week 10 vs. Saints: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 11 vs. Bengals: Sunday Night Football
    Week 12 @ Colts: Monday Night Football
    Week 13 @ Falcons: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 14 vs. Ravens: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 15 @ Panthers: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 16 vs. Raiders: 8:15 p.m. ET
    Week 17 @ Ravens: 1 p.m. ET
    Week 18 vs. Browns: TBD
    Last edited by 86WARD; 05-12-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2022 Schedule

Uff da.

They should just be better than the Panthers, Jets, and Falcons. But after that....they would have to be the underdog in most of the rest of those.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I just hope we open up at home for once. I think it's been at least seven years.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers become one of the youngest teams in the league over the course of the offseason. There will be plenty of struggle against all of those teams.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers become one of the youngest teams in the league over the course of the offseason. There will be plenty of struggle against all of those teams.
    The Cowboys were the youngest team in the NFL when they won the SB in 92

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Cowboys were the youngest team in the NFL when they won the SB in 92
    20-0! Pickett wins league MVP, rookie of the year, Offensive Player of the Year, AFC Offensive Player of the Year, and Superbowl MVP, and coach of the year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Goal#1 Win the division
    Goal#2 Get the 1st round bye
    Goal#3 Win the AFC
    Goal#4 Win the SuperBowl

I could break it down into smaller steps but what's the point. Keep it simple.

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Can't wait till the schedule is announced this week. I'd like to see the Steelers on the road as it's great with so many others from Steeler Nation there.

I've been to Indy, Buffalo, Carolina, Cleveland and I'd consider Atlanta, Miami, Buffalo and Carolina this year. More fun when you're pretty sure the Steelers will win.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    20-0! Pickett wins league MVP, rookie of the year, Offensive Player of the Year, AFC Offensive Player of the Year, and Superbowl MVP, and coach of the year.
    This post needs to be PINNED!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not exactly on topic but this question didn't need it's own thread. I think obviously Cam and TJ will be defensive captains, who do you think will be the offensive team captains for 2022?

This schedule doesn't look exactly like murderer's row either. We know very little about what Canada's offense is going to look like. We also don't know the return status of Tuitt. I'm hopeful the offense is improved. I'm positive this defense can be great.

Outside of our division we play the Raiders and the Bills again. So there's 8 games where we should be familiar with the opponent from just last season. The Falcons, Jets, and Panthers were not very good last season. The Colts, Buccs, and Eagles look like the tougher games on this schedule. The Saints, Patriots, and Dolphins are unknown/wildcard games. Let's GO!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Steelers 2022 Schedule

Najee Harris seems to be a leader.

Overall, the projected starting offense is young enough that they could rally behind Pickett and put him forward as captain if he seizes the starting job.

One last candidate could be whoever emerges as the leader of the offensive line. Maybe Daniels?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Najee Harris seems to be a leader.

Overall, the projected starting offense is young enough that they could rally behind Pickett and put him forward as captain if he seizes the starting job.

One last candidate could be whoever emerges as the leader of the offensive line. Maybe Daniels?
    It's hard to actually name a favorite for offensive team captain right now. Dotson? Mason? You would assume whoever wins the starting QB job right? But who is that? Can it be a rookie or 1st season Steeler? I'm interested to find out.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Steelers 2022 Schedule

I just don't understand why are people so high on Dotson. He showed flashes, but it's far from that he established himself on the field. Maybe he earned captaincy with his off the field traits, but never heard anything about him being the leader or outspoken. He's entering his third season and hasn't even started 16 games in total yet. In my eyes he lefts a lot to be desired.

This is not shot at you Born2Steel, just my two cents on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    It's hard to actually name a favorite for offensive team captain right now. Dotson? Mason? You would assume whoever wins the starting QB job right? But who is that? Can it be a rookie or 1st season Steeler? I'm interested to find out.
    I think it can or easily will be the starting QB winner. Especially if it is Pickett. Not much of the other offense starters are old in NFL years and the few that are (Cole, Daniels) are new to the Steelers. DJ is one of the longest tenured and most experienced projected starters on offense but it is rare to see WRs named captains. And nothing about DJ screams "leader".

I wonder how much the captains C matters in the NFL compared to say the NHL where it seemingly matters a great deal and can help make or break a team.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think it can or easily will be the starting QB winner. Especially if it is Pickett. Not much of the other offense starters are old in NFL years and the few that are (Cole, Daniels) are new to the Steelers. DJ is one of the longest tenured and most experienced projected starters on offense but it is rare to see WRs named captains. And nothing about DJ screams "leader".

I wonder how much the captains C matters in the NFL compared to say the NHL where it seemingly matters a great deal and can help make or break a team.
    It matters in the locker room and in there they have Watt, Heyward and plenty of other voices.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It matters in the locker room and in there they have Watt, Heyward and plenty of other voices.
    I mean if you are counting on Watt, Heyward, and others....then the C on offense isn't really important because your leaders are on defense and what not.

Or am I missing the point?

Last year we had Cam - defensive capt, Ben- offensive capt, and Derek Watt- ST capt.

I was just curious who you guys thought might get the nod. It's very minor, thus why I said it doesn't deserve it's own thread. I'm going to guess TJ, Freiermuth, and Derek.

FWIW, I am not trying to argue for or against anything.

I was just wondering if the C was more symbolic than functional in the NFL...seems that leaders lead no matter what...

Steelers 2022 Schedule

I mean if you are counting on Watt, Heyward, and others....then the C on offense isn't really important because your leaders are on defense and what not.

Or am I missing the point?
    Why do you need a C on offense? There’s not multiple Cs in a hockey locker room. I mean if you want one for semantics, sure, name anyone. If you’re looking for an impact Captain as you would in hockey, there’s 53+ players to choose from with the leading candidate being Cam Heyward.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why do you need a C on offense? There’s not multiple Cs in a hockey locker room. I mean if you want one for semantics, sure, name anyone. If you’re looking for an impact Captain as you would in hockey, there’s 53+ players to choose from with the leading candidate being Cam Heyward.
    Just going with the spirit of the original question.

If we are going by leaders on the team then just give the C to Heyward and call it a day.

But the original question was who gets a C on Defense, STs, and Offense.

Which, in turn, caused me to wonder that if NFL teams regularly give out multiple C's and often space them around the different units...is the role less important than other sports, like the NHL?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think Najee gets the C for the offense. He's young, but there really aren't any veterans on offense. He has the leadership characteristics both on and off the field.

Steelers 2022 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think Najee gets the C for the offense. He's young, but there really aren't any veterans on offense. He has the leadership characteristics both on and off the field.
    I would agree with that. Harris has been a good guy in front of the cameras, he’s been very active in the city and with the community. He’s a well liked guy in the locker room. I think it would be natural to give it to him for the offense.

If Rudolph were to win the QB job, it’s easily his. I could see Trubisky as well…he’s a leader and a veteran guy and was captain for the Bears. So either of those guys gets it. If Pickett wins the job, I think Harris would be the selection.

Sounds like Week 2 will be home vs. Dolphins.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Last year we had Cam - defensive capt, Ben- offensive capt, and Derek Watt- ST capt.

I was just curious who you guys thought might get the nod. It's very minor, thus why I said it doesn't deserve it's own thread. I'm going to guess TJ, Freiermuth, and Derek.
    Cam and TJ co captains - defense
    Watt - ST
    Najee or QB - offense

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception. NFL should schedule Vegas-Pittsburgh on or near that day.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Uff da.

They should just be better than the Panthers, Jets, and Falcons. But after that....they would have to be the underdog in most of the rest of those.
    Brown's? Dolphins? Come on, man!

I also don't think the Colts, Saints, or Eagles exactly tore it up last year, and most of them have some QB questions too. There ought to be a lot of pretty evenly matched games. You could even say the same about the Raiders - but we ALWAYS lose to the Raiders.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Brown's? Dolphins? Come on, man!

I also don't think the Colts, Saints, or Eagles exactly tore it up last year, and most of them have some QB questions too. There ought to be a lot of pretty evenly matched games. You could even say the same about the Raiders - but we ALWAYS lose to the Raiders.
    The Eagles are a better team until proven otherwise.
    The Browns have the better QB unless Watson totally forgot how to play football. They have a superior OL and comparable star players on defense.
    They are on the road at the Phins and the Colts. At best that is push. More likely a small bump (3 point) to the home team.
    If the non-turnover version of Winston is the one playing for the Saints in 2022, then the Saints are better than the Steelers.

I am not saying they will be blow-outs or certain losses. But they are going to be underdogs, maybe small underdogs, in almost every game they play next season.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

competition will be tough in the division but they will be better than last year: 6-2 at home, 4-5 on the road

Well Picketrubisky will get their first test - Game 1 AT Cincinnati. Yet another season opener on the road

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar