Thread: Draft Over: What Unstricted Free Agents do you go after now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Draft Over: What Unstricted Free Agents do you go after now

Okay the draft dust has settled, and here is a list of the top UFA available (according to CBS Sports), with about $12 million in CAP space give or take who are you interested in:

Tyrann Mathieu (S) - Word on the street is he's going to the Saints, but he is the only guy on this list I would want, but only for the right price.
    TY Hilton, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr. (WR) - No need for WR's we are set.
    Jadeveon Clowney (EDGE) - I wouldn't mind getting someone that didn't have one move like Highsmith and could make TJ harder to double. But he'll cost too much.
    Trey Flowers (EDGE) - See Clowney.
    Melvin Ingram (EDGE) - Been there, done this, no thanks.
    Rob Gronkowski (TE) - We all know he's playing with his boyfriend again and probably won't sign until the last week of camp to avoid going to camp.
    Duane Brown (LT) - For the right deal why not, but probably pass on him.
    J.C. Tretter (C) - Interesting possibility. Is he better than Cole/Green? I think so.
    Akiem Hicks (DE) - If Tuitt doesn't come back he would be an interesting thought, but I'll pass for now.
    Antonio Brown (NUTS) - Just wanted to make sure you were still reading.
    Other/You Write them in (ANY):

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Re: Draft Over: What Unstricted Free Agents do you go after now

We need RB depth, Edge depth, OT depth.

Ideally a capable veteran swing tackle that can let us cut down to having 9OL so we can get both Haeg and Chaz Green off the payroll, and have another roster spot to go long at Safety. Because right now I would want to keep Killebrew but am having trouble finding roster space for him.

That in mind, I would go:

RB: Alex Collins or Darrel Williams
    EDGE: Ryan Kerrigan
    OT: Riley Reiff

That would give us veteran serviceable OLB depth, a reliable backup swing tackle, and could make our RB room look something like

Najee Harris
    Alex Collins
    Mataeo Durant
    (Watt/Heyward)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Took a look at a couple of FA listings. Wanted to find guys under 30 and that filled out spots on the roster....but these are all big gambles...and not super-duper fun

RB: Tarik Cohen - if he can rehab his knee...
    CB: Kevin King - last seen being terrible in GB but injured every year. Gamble that he can be healthy and useful in Steelers system.
    RB: Alex Collins - this years Ballage. If he can stay healthy, he fits as a viable back-up option with a bit more juice than Benny Snell
    OL: I am not well-versed enough to know names...but young and "if develops they have something" OT would fit the bill nicely.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Open to Safety, Center, WR, but not seeing anyone available right now who would move the needle (obviously Mathieu would but he's not in budget). Watch for camp/preseason cuts.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Maybe RB depth: Sony Michel or David Johnson
    Maybe a veteran WR: Manny Sanders

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

RB - Darrell Williams/Justin Jackson

WR - Adam Humphrey/TY Hilton

OT - Eric Fisher

DE - Trey Flowers/Carl Nassib

All those guys should be affordable.

Stretch the cap:

S - Tyrann Mathieu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

wait till june 2 and see who gets cut.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I believe any free agent signed at this point does not go against the compensatory selections.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I think with the number of free agents Steelers signed this year, they can forget about compensatory picks.

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

eddie goldman is still available. he is a solid run stuffing 6-4 335 lb NT. would be a nice rotational and eventual replacement for tyson. is 28 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    eddie goldman is still available. he is a solid run stuffing 6-4 335 lb NT. would be a nice rotational and eventual replacement for tyson. is 28 yrs old.
    I like that idea. There were several NT I liked in the draft - Davis obviously, but Phidarian Mathis, Neil Farrell, Noah Eliss, some here were calling for Ridgeway... none of it happened. Goldman sparks my interest. It may depend on how much the coaching staff likes Adams.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

An RB2 and OL depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    I like that idea. There were several NT I liked in the draft - Davis obviously, but Phidarian Mathis, Neil Farrell, Noah Eliss, some here were calling for Ridgeway... none of it happened. Goldman sparks my interest. It may depend on how much the coaching staff likes Adams.
    adams made some nice plays, a few even impressive considering the short amount of time he had to acclimate to the defense. . the problem was just not enough of them. goldmans career was on the rise until he sat out for covid got himself a big contract... he just didnt return to form. his production vs salary no longer looked justified to chicago.

The Giants had to cut Bradberry. We would immediately have a fixture at CB1. With Witherspoon/Wallace competing to CB2, Sutton dedicated to the slot where he belongs, and Maulet to round it out. CB will turn into a massive strength and the defense won't have any real obvious holes left in it. Especially if Tuitt is back out there.

The Giants had to cut Bradberry. We would immediately have a fixture at CB1. With Witherspoon/Wallace competing to CB2, Sutton dedicated to the slot where he belongs, and Maulet to round it out. CB will turn into a massive strength and the defense won't have any real obvious holes left in it. Especially if Tuitt is back out there.
    The signing of Wallace nixes the idea of Bradberry. Plus he’s probably round out at around $10-$12M per year for three years? You’d also, realistically, have too many CBs…who sits? Witherspoon, Wallace or Sutton?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Read yesterday that many see Bradbury as primarily a zone CB that has had recent struggles in man.

For what he’s gonna cost, I don’t want him struggling with anything.

I’ve literally never seen the dude play so I’ve no idea. Passing on what I saw. Could be the Giants leaking BS to CYA.

No, he's a legit top 10 CB. Wallace and Witherspoon would vie for the 2. Pierre and Layne go away. Sutton becomes a slot fixture where he belongs. Your CB corps looks like Bradberry, Witherspoon, Wallace, Sutton, Maulet. The improved CB room plus Kazee, make Norwood expendable. It's a good problem to have. We have room for maybe one more FA move and this would be a homerun, IMO.

No, he's a legit top 10 CB. Wallace and Witherspoon would vie for the 2. Pierre and Layne go away. Sutton becomes a slot fixture where he belongs. Your CB corps looks like Bradberry, Witherspoon, Wallace, Sutton, Maulet. The improved CB room plus Kazee, make Norwood expendable. It's a good problem to have. We have room for maybe one more FA move and this would be a homerun, IMO.
    It’s a no brainer but what do you do with Wallace or Witherspoon? Roster-wise and cap-wise, it doesn’t make sense. Fantasy-wise, I’d love to have a very deep group of CBs but it’s kinda not realistic.