Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers select QB Chris Oladokun #241 overall

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers select QB Chris Oladokun #241 overall

The draft is over for the Steelers. Now we wait for the UDFA signings.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Steelers select QB Chris Oladokun #241 overall

SURPRISE!!!! 2QBs and 2 WRs, ZERO OL in the 2022 Steelers' draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the 1st South Dakota State Steeler?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

There was a LOT of chatter about how well his meeting went with Tomlin…

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Camp arm. While I'm not in love with the pick, if he has a style that you want your guys to practice against, while having a remote outside shot of doing something, it can make sense in the 7th.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers select QB Chris Oladokun #241 overall

Why use a draft pick on a camp arm? That’s a waste. Could be cutting ties with Rudolph altogether and three new guys in the QB Room…I also believe Strong was still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I would have rather had EJ Perry from Brown Univ., who I think is still on the board.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This guy throws an UGLY ball. Could this be a guy they convert to another position?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Camp Arm at best and possible replacement for Rudolph as backup.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    This guy throws an UGLY ball. Could this be a guy they convert to another position?
    Third QB runs the scout team.

We play the Ravens twice per season…

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Camp Arm and possible replacement for Rudolph as backup.
    You can pick up a camp arm anywhere. Why draft one?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

he has some skills , but so did Randall El .... mumbles something about this kid catching a couple TDs in his college career .... not saying but just saying its not out of the realm of possibility
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This makes zero sense.

I get that after 2022 season you only have Pickett if everything goes according to plan. But you didn’t need to get your long term backup now.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Third QB runs the scout team.

We play the Ravens twice per season…
    Again…do you need to draft that?

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Could be a convert project. Straight up QB project I'd have picked Strong or maybe Jack Coan. Could be that they have a conversion in mind, or, a specific type of practice role.

To ensure that you get the one you want (and keep the Ravens from getting him).

Plus, his meeting with Tomlin went really well. Sometimes small things can be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This makes zero sense.

I get that after 2022 season you only have Pickett if everything goes according to plan. But you didn’t need to get your long term backup now.
    100% agree and he’s not a good arm from what I just watched. Maybe there’s more plans for him…

I’d rather have seen someone push Benny Snell off the roster…or an OL prospect.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Well apparently Tomlin REALLY likes him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Camp arm. While I'm not in love with the pick, if he has a style that you want your guys to practice against, while having a remote outside shot of doing something, it can make sense in the 7th.
    UDFAs are camp arms.

Rudolph should be putting his house on the market because they don’t need him as a QB3.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    UDFAs are camp arms.

Rudolph should be putting his house on the market because they don’t need him as a QB3.
    Yeah there are plenty of UDFA QBs, including a few I would rather have, so they must have a specific role in mind for him. Time will show what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    UDFAs are camp arms.

It could be a salary cap move if they have something planned for after the draft?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Last time we drafted a QB with a funny name it worked out

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It could be a salary cap move if they have something planned for after the draft?
    Okay, but I guess I’ll ask the same question everyone else seems to be asking: couldn’t you get an UDFA for the same purpose?

Maybe a better question (since I honestly have no idea): since Tomlin likes this particular guy, would he not have most likely been available in the final round or as an UDFA? I mean Carson Strong went undrafted. Was this guy higher up on most people’s draft boards?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Next Michael Vick? Eagles Looking at Explosive South Dakota State QB

The “Quarterback Factory” remains open for business with nine days left until Round 1 of the 2022 NFL draft. The Philadelphia Eagles recently conducted a virtual visit with Chris Oladokun, per Pro Football Focus’ Doug Kyed. He has also drawn interest from the Bears, Texans, Buccaneers, Chiefs, and Steelers.Oladokun is an interesting prospect who keeps rising up draft boards. The 6-foot-2, 213-pounder put on a show during his Pro Day at South Dakota State where he wowed with his feet and his arm. Oladokun ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds while showing impressive arm strength and accuracy. However, there are concerns over his smallish frame as well as his propensity to scramble out of the pocket too quickly.

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/chris-oladokun-virtual-visit/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The scouting department really did their homework on QB's this year, this kid could surprise.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Next Michael Vick? Eagles Looking at Explosive South Dakota State QB

The “Quarterback Factory” remains open for business with nine days left until Round 1 of the 2022 NFL draft. The Philadelphia Eagles recently conducted a virtual visit with Chris Oladokun, per Pro Football Focus’ Doug Kyed. He has also drawn interest from the Bears, Texans, Buccaneers, Chiefs, and Steelers.Oladokun is an interesting prospect who keeps rising up draft boards. The 6-foot-2, 213-pounder put on a show during his Pro Day at South Dakota State where he wowed with his feet and his arm. Oladokun ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds while showing impressive arm strength and accuracy. However, there are concerns over his smallish frame as well as his propensity to scramble out of the pocket too quickly.

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/chris-oladokun-virtual-visit/
    I admit that I don’t know much about this guy, but the next Michael Vick? I guess a 4.6 40 isn’t bad for a QB but Vick ran a 4.33.

Seems like his only use would be as a scout team QB during Ravens week, but he’s also not going to really move like Lamar Jackson either. I guess he could be used in some Wild Cat plays, but only if he really does become a WR or something, because I can’t see him getting a hat on Sundays as the #2 QB. Then again, with all the receivers we drafted I can’t seem him getting a hat as a WR either.

Can he play safety? Or NT?

With a R7 comp pick, you’re taking a guy who you think other teams will sign (because the rookies have the option to choose ANY team). They wanted this guy; they secured this guy. It’s as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I admit that I don’t know much about this guy, but the next Michael Vick? I guess a 4.6 40 isn’t bad for a QB but Vick ran a 4.33.

Seems like his only use would be as a scout team QB during Ravens week, but he’s also not going to really move like Lamar Jackson either. I guess he could be used in some Wild Cat plays, but only if he really does become a WR or something, because I can’t see him getting a hat on Sundays as the #2 QB. Then again, with all the receivers we drafted I can’t seem him getting a hat as a WR either.

Can he play safety? Or NT?
    He's a closer comparison to Russell Wilson than Vick. He's fast enough to get a chunk play but won't necessarily burn you for an 80 yard TD like Vick would

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    With a R7 comp pick, you’re taking a guy who you think other teams will sign (because the rookies have the option to choose ANY team). They wanted this guy; they secured this guy. It’s as simple as that.
    I guess that makes sense. After reading the article that Dwins posted it does appear that several teams were interested in him.

Maybe the Steelers figure that 3 question mark QBs are better than 2. I’m no math wizard but by my calculations it makes your odds 1 better.

What do you think we’ll get for Rudolph? A 6th or 7th? We might have to throw in a lesser Watt brother to seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I guess that makes sense. After reading the article that Dwins posted it does appear that several teams were interested in him.

Maybe the Steelers figure that 3 question mark QBs are better than 2. I’m no math wizard but by my calculations it makes your odds 1 better.

What do you think we’ll get for Rudolph? A 6th or 7th? We might have to throw in a lesser Watt brother to seal the deal.

unless a team has an injury at this juncture unlikely to get anything ..... a couple hours ago you may have got a 6th or 7th