Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers select WR George Pickens #52 overall

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select WR George Pickens #52 overall

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pickens had a 2% drop rate.

He’s a willing BLOCKER.

He’s just turning 21. (Still growing.)
    Yeah but will he get paid to jump for the ball?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Yeah but will he get paid to jump for the ball?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the Killer Ps...
    "P-electric"

- - - Updated - - -

This guy has the best body control and catch radius since Lynn Swann. Love this pick.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the Killer Ps...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pickens had a 2% drop rate.

He’s a willing BLOCKER.

He’s just turning 21. (Still growing.)

All true, but James Harrison should still start ahead of him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    All true, but James Harrison should still start ahead of him.
    Obviously

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

DJ, Claypool, Pickens, Austin, and Gunner? Boykin? Bussey? Miller? All I know is the WR room just got a bunch better, IMO.

Sorry JuJu....

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If Pickens can teach Claypool half of his intensity then those two could be a nightmare.
    What are the betting odds of Pickens and Claypool both getting ejected from a game? I’m all for Pickens teaching Claypool intensity, but not like ALL of his intensity.

But you can’t argue with talent. If that comes with a certain attitude, I’ll take it. He’ll probably be hated by every other fan base. But I see that as a plus.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Between the two, I would've preferred Skyy Moore. I think he will have the better NFL career. All the tools are there for Pickens but the production is a question mark. I hope he excels.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Between the two, I would've preferred Skyy Moore. I think he will have the better NFL career. All the tools are there for Pickens but the production is a question mark. I hope he excels.
    Sure, but Austin kind of brings a similar skillset as Moore, but no doubt that Skyy Moore is a thicker athlete than Austin, who survives contact better. I think the addition of Pickens gives the WR group an outside WR with great hands and gets in and out of breaks better than Claypool, while Austin has the speed and quickness to get open from the slot and legitimately run jet sweep motion.

I wonder if the assumption is that Pickens will be 100% back from the injury by the time the season starts, or is he really close to it now. ACL injuries can really take 12-18 months.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Being in Andy Reid’s offense with that skill set is a huge jump start to a better career.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Being in Andy Reid’s offense with that skill set is a huge jump start to a better career.
    It's quite coincidental how all of the top WRs have top QBs throwing them the ball, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sure, but Austin kind of brings a similar skillset as Moore, but no doubt that Skyy Moore is a thicker athlete than Austin, who survives contact better. I think the addition of Pickens gives the WR group an outside WR with great hands and gets in and out of breaks better than Claypool, while Austin has the speed and quickness to get open from the slot and legitimately run jet sweep motion.

I wonder if the assumption is that Pickens will be 100% back from the injury by the time the season starts, or is he really close to it now. ACL injuries can really take 12-18 months.
    Well he returned to Georgia for the last few games so I have to assume by now he's fully healed. The team said that he showed as much at his pro day.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

It's quite coincidental how all of the top WRs have top QBs throwing them the ball, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Well he returned to Georgia for the last few games so I have to assume by now he's fully healed. The team said that he showed as much at his pro day.
    I heard that he was used in a limited role when he returned to Georgia. Also, he just did a 40, vertical jump and broad jump at the Combine. He was 33" vertical at Combine and it looks like he didnt do a 3-cone, short shuttle or long shuttle at either. He jumped 34.5" at pro day vertical.

I suspect that he isnt entirely back from the injury yet and that is why he didnt do any 3-cone, shuttle , etc at pro day or combine. Maybe as he recovers he will be better faster and more explosive than the testing numbers indicate. I still like the pick.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Pickens is a round one talent.

Pickett to Pickens.

Their new fan base group could be called: "The Boogers".
    All Defense!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He looks like an athletically improved version of Martavius Bryant without the drama.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    He looks like an athletically improved version of Martavius Bryant without the drama.
    He's actually a weaker, less athletic version of Martavis Bryant. Bryant jumped 6 inches higher, but Pickens bested Bryant in the broad jump by 2 inches.

Bryant ran a 4.42 and Pickens a 4.47. I can assure you that if Pickens would have done the bench press Bryant would have outdone him and that as well.

Their numbers are relatively similar though, but Pickens only jumping 33 inches is alarming. Like Gonzo said, maybe the injury is still lingering because 33 inches is very average, especially for a player that makes his living on contested catches, as well as being touted as having an insane catch radius.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Steelers select WR George Pickens #52 overall

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    He's actually a weaker, less athletic version of Martavis Bryant. Bryant jumped 6 inches higher, but Pickens bested Bryant in the broad jump by 2 inches.

Bryant ran a 4.42 and Pickens a 4.47. I can assure you that if Pickens would have done the bench press Bryant would have outdone him and that as well.

Their numbers are relatively similar though, but Pickens only jumping 33 inches is alarming. Like Gonzo said, maybe the injury is still lingering because 33 inches is very average, especially for a player that makes his living on contested catches, as well as being touted as having an insane catch radius.
    4.42 vs 4.47 in a 40 is pretty much no difference. It’s how fast he plays in pads compared to Bryant that matters. What were there shuttle times? That’s more important to a receiver that the straight line 40 time.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Pickens didn't do any of the shuttle times, which is also alarming. I wouldn't say it's more important, but definitely equally as important as the 40...but A 33 in vertical is what gets me more than anything. Pickens looks to be a contested catch type of WR. Those types of guys usually have 36-40 in verticals. It seems like maybe Pickens isn't fully recovered. Hopefully they let him heal before they throw him out there.

Bryant was a lot thicker than Pickens is, so I highly doubt the pads would slow him down any more than what they would Pickens.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Pickens didn't do any of the shuttle times, which is also alarming. I wouldn't say it's more important, but definitely equally as important as the 40...but A 33 in vertical is what gets me more than anything. Pickens looks to be a contested catch type of WR. Those types of guys usually have 36-40 in verticals. It seems like maybe Pickens isn't fully recovered. Hopefully they let him heal before they throw him out there.

Bryant was a lot thicker than Pickens is, so I highly doubt the pads would slow him down any more than what they would Pickens.
    But which one smokes the most weed?

But which one smokes the most weed?
    TBD

The past few drafts, the three highest WR ratings
    (like the QBR but for receivers):

George Pickens 97.2
    Ja’Marr Chase 96.9
    Justin Jefferson 96.1

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://youtu.be/ksgrKTOqph4

Pickens' reaction to getting drafted.

I didn't like the pick at first. I'm coming around. He's got some DOG in him. He's going to be one of those players that if you aren't a Steelers fan you're going to hate him. I love those types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I don't get it. Is he blind?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bryant was an athletic freak. Unfortunately there was nothing-zero registering upstairs. If Pickens is close to Bryant athletically without the distractions it'll be a victory for the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    DJ, Claypool, Pickens, Austin, and Gunner? Boykin? Bussey? Miller? All I know is the WR room just got a bunch better, IMO.

Sorry JuJu....
    i think JuJu is fine, he's got Mahomes throwing to him