Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Select QB Kenny Pickett With 2022 First Round Pick

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Steelers Select QB Kenny Pickett With 2022 First Round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Kenny's gonna be better than Ben, change my mind
    what are you smokin ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    what are you smokin ?
    Got my hands on a good strain called 'sleepy joe', I give it 5 stars

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Got my hands on a good strain called 'sleepy joe', I give it 5 stars

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Kenny better than Ben? NO WAY!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Kenny better than Ben? NO WAY!
    He'll be better than 2020-2021 Ben. But so were 20-22 other QBs in the league.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He'll be better than 2020-2021 Ben. But so were 20-22 other QBs in the league.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Easy there. Ben was ranked 29th according to this NFL.com article. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-inde...021-nfl-season

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I mean it's possible, but until training camp it's all speculation. I hope Pickett wins the job convincingly, never been high on Mitch, and especially not Rudolph.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

i don't see the above scenario taking place. the most pro ready QB in the draft is not going to be inactive

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Of course they won’t.

A. when have they ever traded a competent veteran back up player with some sort of tenure?

B. he’s the only one that “knows” Canadas offense so he’s a security blanket.

C. most importantly, they would need a trade partner…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It's 2022. 1st round QB's will be in uniform.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Trade Rudolph? For what, a stale six-pack of Iron City Light?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Trade Rudolph? For what, a stale six-pack of Iron City Light?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Trubisky was not brought in to backup Mason Rudolph.

Pickett was not drafted in the 1st round to backup Mason Rudolph.

Barring an injury bug, Mason Rudolph will never see the field again as a Steeler.

For the same money, 31yr old AJ McCarron is a better option, IMO.

Just on a side note....6 days ago was Mason Rudolph's birthday. I wonder if any teammates went to his party.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ebook-nfl-news

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I know this is my own particular POV, but if Pickett isn't starting in 2022, then it is all a waste - unless Trubisky comes out and plays like Aaron Rodgers 2.0.

For whatever the reason, Tomlin and company are publicly taking the "old school" line that Pickett is maybe gonna hold a clipboard in the press box and they might let him touch cleats and a helmet by the final week of the season. Unfortunately, this goes against everything that the last decade or so of other NFL examples have demonstrated.

You have to play QBs right away. A combination of salary cap demands and pressure to return to contention on the accelerated "worst to first" scenario that the structure of the current NFL encourages just makes it almost unthinkable to sit a guy for a year.

Now...if you have a plan for that sideline year to result in an MVP and OPY award like Mahomes....then it makes sense....but that brings us back to where anyone thinks the ceiling for Pickett really is. That is a whole other discussion.

Long story short, I hope Pickett plays a crap-ton of games this upcoming season.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I know this is my own particular POV, but if Pickett isn't starting in 2022, then it is all a waste - unless Trubisky comes out and plays like Aaron Rodgers 2.0.

For whatever the reason, Tomlin and company are publicly taking the "old school" line that Pickett is maybe gonna hold a clipboard in the press box and they might let him touch cleats and a helmet by the final week of the season. Unfortunately, this goes against everything that the last decade or so of other NFL examples have demonstrated.

You have to play QBs right away. A combination of salary cap demands and pressure to return to contention on the accelerated "worst to first" scenario that the structure of the current NFL encourages just makes it almost unthinkable to sit a guy for a year.

Now...if you have a plan for that sideline year to result in an MVP and OPY award like Mahomes....then it makes sense....but that brings us back to where anyone thinks the ceiling for Pickett really is. That is a whole other discussion.

Long story short, I hope Pickett plays a crap-ton of games this upcoming season.
    Yeah,I agree with you on this.This is not the 1990s

Mark Madden know nothing once again

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-mad...be-3rd-string/

Madden missed the last 10 years or what?

I mean, every first round pick(and sometime second round pick like Bell,JuJu)has had the chance to contribute since at least 2012, whether it's Ryan Shazier, T.J Watt or Jarvis Jones and Artis Burns, so I think Pitckett is going to need to be awful in training camp to to be the 3rd QB

He will have a chance to start from week 1 if he has a good training camp, I have no doubt about that.Madden is so toxic.The NFL was different like crazy in 2004

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

This video showed up on my youtube feed, The TRUTH About Kenny Pickett vs Mitchell Trubisky (Film Breakdown), can only post the link as the video won't embed because it contains NFL video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006-wCRemiE

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Plenty of QBs have had their real emergence on "not the team that drafted them" - Rich Gannon, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Len Dawson, YA Tittle, Kurt Warner... I'm not saying Trubisky will absolutely flourish here, but - it could happen.

The team has a mess of an O-line that's also implementing a new system that will need time to gel and come together. Even if Mitchell isn't great, he has experience handling NFL pressure. If we had a solid dominant O-line it may be a different story - but if Mitchell gets injured (or benched) in the first half of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see Rudolph go in, not Pickett. We don't do the "new QB" thing too often so we're not going to Browns it by throwing him into a meat grinder unless there's absolutely no other choice. Give him time to learn the new system and the speed of the game, let the O-line come together, and then evaluate mid-season. Not before.

Trubisky starts. Trubisky hurt for 2-3 weeks, Rudolph starts. Trubisky out for season and Pickett starts.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Trubisky starts. Trubisky hurt for 2-3 weeks, Rudolph starts. Trubisky out for season and Pickett starts.
    You’re probably right. I’d rather see Pickett in first scenario and never relinquish the starting job. Pickett older and “most ready pro QB” per experts. Unless Trubisky lights it up give him the reigns. In my mind Pickett absolutely the right pick for us. We need franchise QB and he has best odds of any in draft to be the guy. At best it’s 50/50 he gets second contract. It is what it is, a roll of the dice. Start him right away if it’s remotely close competition.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Plenty of QBs have had their real emergence on "not the team that drafted them" - Rich Gannon, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Len Dawson, YA Tittle, Kurt Warner... I'm not saying Trubisky will absolutely flourish here, but - it could happen.

The team has a mess of an O-line that's also implementing a new system that will need time to gel and come together. Even if Mitchell isn't great, he has experience handling NFL pressure. If we had a solid dominant O-line it may be a different story - but if Mitchell gets injured (or benched) in the first half of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see Rudolph go in, not Pickett. We don't do the "new QB" thing too often so we're not going to Browns it by throwing him into a meat grinder unless there's absolutely no other choice. Give him time to learn the new system and the speed of the game, let the O-line come together, and then evaluate mid-season. Not before.
    Kurt Warner wasn’t drafted, but I think he did pretty good with his original team, the Rams.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post

the Steelers upgraded the line. It may not be a dominant line but i don't see it as a mess. I would call it "improved..decent"

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Kurt Warner wasn’t drafted, but I think he did pretty good with his original team, the Rams.
    Packers were his original team. I don't know if he made it to training camp, but he signed with them and participated in minicamp(s).

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    the Steelers upgraded the line. It may not be a dominant line but i don't see it as a mess. I would call it "improved..decent"
    I'm optimistic about the pieces but it's going to take some time to come together and gel. Trubisky has experience dealing with that kind of thing at a pro level. And that's why I feel if Trubisky is out in the early half of the season we'll be seeing Rudolph instead of Pickett. If it can be helped they'll want the line to have cohesion before sticking Pickett behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Packers were his original team. I don't know if he made it to training camp, but he signed with them and participated in minicamp(s).

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока
    Warner not only got his start with the Packers as a UDFA, but he got cut, no other teams wanted him, he worked at a grocery store, played in the Arena League for a couple years, played in NFL Europe, then was the Rams' third stringer... they didn't protect him during the expansion draft and the Browns passed on him. And he wound up with playing time in 99 because of Trent Green getting injured. Quite the job clawing his way up.

If we wait the perfect situation for Pitckett,his time could never come.This is 2022,gone are the days that rookie QBs had to learn on the bench a year before being ready .I see so many rookie QB be good from the start in the last 15 years even if sometimes their team around him had some problem... It won't kill his career, unless he's just a horrible QB.I'd rather he learn from his mistakes this year than next year...the best way to learn is to play

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Kenny is gonna start. This isn't 2004, first round QB's are expected to start right away or at least give close competition for the job
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell