Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Draft day thread

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Draft day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Oh no! I asked a question....the question everyone ever has asked about a fast player who weighs under 180 pounds.

I mean one response would to answer....I honestly don't know. The question wasn't meant to be positive or negative. I see a guy listed at 170 and I wonder if there are similar players in recent NFL history. Figured since I knew there were likely a few handfuls of football nuts here...I would ask....

Let me rephrase so not to bother anyone's sensibilities on this fine Saturday:

The phenomenally fast and freakishly agile WR/KR/STs ace that the Steelers just selected is remarkably small for a typical NFL draft prospect. While I am extremely enthusiastic and optimistic about watching this guy fly around NFL fields each week, I was wondering - out of idle curiosity and not an attempt to steal anyone's joy - if a player that small has found success in a similar NFL role?

I see that Desean Jackson is a similar mighty mite...
    Freeman McNeil... (Ice Cube) Browns. 150 lbs... at the most.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quentin Lake to the Rams. Carnell's boy, way to go!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    I can't at all. He's a worse runner than Snell, a stiff and worse TE than Rader... there's no space for him on the roster, he's not good enough to be a pro, he'll be a practice squad project that goes nowhere. If not for his brother's pedigree no team would have even come close to considering drafting him.

Waste of a pick, left guys on the board.

That said, if the first pick I hate is the sixth rounder, at the end of the day, whatever.

Of course I don't want to make anyone feel I'm pushing my opinions on them, and everyone is entitled to how they feel. I have to ask... until you know, how do you know?

Pick20 The QB with the tiny hands that won't be able to throw in the rain.
    Pick52 The Diva WR that will spend more time pouting on the sidelines than dancing in the endzone.
    Pick84 The DL that can't stop the run. (I saw someone post that on here)
    Pick138 Teeny Tiny WR that's going to fail miserably or get broken by his first NFL hit.
    Pick208 FB/TE/ST Whose only draftable quality is his brother's a team captain.

Not picking at you or anyone in particular with this post. It just gets tiresome. They just got drafted, can we wait until the pads come on to start calling them busts?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

When Steelers talk about a family atmosphere … geez! They’re not kidding.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Three picks to go…

Lindstrom

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Pickett played his entire college career in Pitt, he’s going to be fine in the elements. Too much out of nothing is being made out of his hand size

Robinson - the steal of the draft!!!!

(just kidding. Don’t know much about him. He’s a converted RB that played LB for 1 year. )

1 more pick in the Colbert era.

I'm hoping for OL Nick Ford or OT Andrew Stueber.

Maybe Alec Lindstrom or Tyler Vrabel or one of the other leftover BC OL.

- - - Updated - - -

OR...Smoke Monday? Leon Oneal? We could use a hard hitting Safety.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Since thry skreasy went ILB, then Josh Ross won’t be the pick.

Lindstrom (or Ford)

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

that Safety from Toledo ( his name escapes me) ... might be a target
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Bye bye Mason

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Bye bye Mason
    no more raindeer games for you
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Our draft grade will be mid range C- after the first 2 picks they were just doing , idk what. Time will tell but best bet the bottom of this draft class never does shit for the Steelers

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Our draft grade will be mid range C- after the first 2 picks they were just doing , idk what. Time will tell but best bet the bottom of this draft class never does shit for the Steelers

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rd 2 and 4 without question the best 2 picks IMO

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Mr. Irrelevant - Pick 262 - Brock Purdy, QB

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I liked round 1 because I know the brass got their guy.
    I like rounds 2-6 because I like rounds 2-6.
    I know absolutely nothing about either round 7 guys. So, I'm gonna like it until I don't.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

hopefully the results will be these rookies replacing overpaid do littles like rudolf and derrick watt on the roster to free up some cap space to add a solid player after the june 1st cuts. rudolf and watt collectively will be eating up 9-10 million of this years cap space and will rarely see the field.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm hoping for OL Nick Ford or OT Andrew Stueber.

Maybe Alec Lindstrom or Tyler Vrabel or one of the other leftover BC OL.

- - - Updated - - -

OR...Smoke Monday? Leon Oneal? We could use a hard hitting Safety.
    I really wanted Smoke Monday. I know absolutely nothing about the guy but it’s easily the best name in the draft. Guaranteed future HOFer Coby Bryant is a close second.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I really wanted Smoke Monday. I know absolutely nothing about the guy but it’s easily the best name in the draft. Guaranteed future HOFer Coby Bryant is a close second.
    oh you want that smoke?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    oh you want that smoke?
    I always want that smoke. Apparently the Steelers don’t share my bravado in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    oh you want that smoke?

just on Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    just on Mondays
    Makes sense that it would be the go to day for NFL players. I can think of a couple ex-Steelers we could ask.

Makes sense that it would be the go to day for NFL players. I can think of a couple ex-Steelers we could ask.

lmao

What about Big Kat?