Thread: I hope the Steelers DON'T draft.....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I hope the Steelers DON'T draft.....

Kenny Pickett, Jordan Davis, Trevor Penning, or Tyler Linderbaum

All prospects that I do not believe in...at all.

Who are yours?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: I hope the Steelers DON'T draft.....

Devin Bush... oh wait... too late.

Treylon Burks. He's incredible on contested catches. Translation, he can't get open.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Malik Willis

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

you misspelled Malik Willis
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If Willis is there at #20 (or if we move up) we are 100% taking him. He's Tomlin's man-crush, Lamar Jackson wannabe.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Yea, think of all those running QBs that won Super Bowls recently. (Eye roll)

- - - Updated - - -

Willis. I would prefer Corral, Pickett or Ridder over a project.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Malik Willis, he's a running QB out of Liberty, basically fools gold

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I agree , that said the ONLY player in the history of Liberty to be drafted in the first round was Eric Green TE Pittsburgh Steelers
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here is an interesting random bit of math trivia:

Howell has 3 more rushing attempts than Willis in 2 more college games. Corral has 32 less in 2 more games.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    and he wasnt even that good at liberty. he has a highlight tape and that it. people seem to over look all the rest of his body of work. granted he played with mostly below average talent , but he also played against mostly below average talent.
    i watched every liberty game i could find on youtube and changed my opinion about willis. same with jordan davis.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    If Willis is there at #20 (or if we move up) we are 100% taking him. He's Tomlin's man-crush, Lamar Jackson wannabe.
    100% Agree and my biggest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I hope the Steelers DON'T draft....a punter or long snapper.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Willis
    Pickett
    Corral
    Ridder in round 1 ( round 2 ok fine if you do not have to trade up more than 5 picks )
    Linderbaum
    Stingley ( if he falls,I pray we pass )

ANY OT in round 1 ..... we just paid Chuks ( yes he is MEH but he is paid already we are stuck ) and I believe Dan Moore will step up big in his second year ...rd 2 if a good one falls snag him but not rd 1
    ANY OG at all , we have so many C/G guys now we could cut 1 and still have plenty no need to draft more
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Willis. Like I've said, until a running QB wins a super bowl, it's not a formula for success. Lamar Jackson is super overrated

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    same with jordan davis.
    Jordan Davis from the SEC title game: pass

Jordan Davis from the NCAA Chsmpionship: gimme

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Any of these small-handed, midget, bum QBs, including Howell. I think Davis plays only when he feels like playing. I don't like any of the ILBs with 1st round grades. I think we can pick a similar OT in the 3rd or 4th that we can pick at 20.

I hope we pick a WR or CB. Speed!

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    Any of these small-handed, midget, bum QBs, including Howell. I think Davis plays only when he feels like playing. I don't like any of the ILBs with 1st round grades. I think we can pick a similar OT in the 3rd or 4th that we can pick at 20.

I hope we pick a WR or CB. Speed!
    i dont know if its that or if his conditioning is just that poor. he spends a lot of time on the sidelines sucking O2 for a guy that plays 1/3 of the snaps. when i first saw his highlight tape , i was like..oh hell yeah.
    then i watched 5 or 6 games on youtube and watched just Davis on .5 speed. he definitely takes ALOT of plays off. you watch his highlight tape and he throws blockers around like rag dolls. looks unstoppable. watch the whole game and you realize real quick those amazing feats are far and inbetween. just like willis. just like Zavin collins from last years draft. on another board there was a dude who thought collins walked on water. tried to tell him to dig deeper..even posted a few tulsa games i watched on youtube for him to see what i saw. guess he didnt bother because he continued whackin off to zavin up till draft time...he was a 1st round special teamer for arizona despite them anointing him starter status on draft day. he had 13 tackles and 3 PD's in 2021

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Well, the worst-case scenario has become reality. With tons of talent on the board at positions of need, the brain trust of Colbert/Tomlin pick another version of the two average QBs already on the team, but this one has Barbie doll hands! And if his time at Pitt is any measure, it will only take him six years to learn the system. Then we'll be great, if we play Central Michigan every week.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Now that it's Day 3, I hope we don't get...

Daniel Faalele
    Darrian Beavers
    A RB
    Connor Heyward

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    So maybe not 100%…

It looks like the Rooney’s man crush, or perhaps fear of repeating the mistake of passing on another prominent Pitt QB, trumped Tomlin’s fantasies of getting a lesser Lamar.