PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Penguins and Fenway Sports Group announced that president and CEO of the team, David Morehouse, is stepping down.
Morehouse has been with the team for 16 years, including winning three Stanley Cups in 2009, 2016 and 2017.
Morehouse said in a release:
“I want to thank Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux for taking a chance on me in 2007 and giving this Pittsburgh kid the dream of a lifetime to run his hometown hockey team. During those 16 years I’ve been lucky enough that this never felt like a “job.” It always felt like a partnership – with ownership, players, coaches, staff, and Pittsburgh fans. We had some incredible times together, including three Stanley Cups and watching Pittsburgh turn into a true hockey town. Most importantly I want to thank my family for the support they have given me during this time. I’m confident that the Penguins’ future is in good hands with Fenway Sports Group. The new ownership group prioritizes winning and that has always been the philosophy of the Pittsburgh Penguins. They have experience running successful franchises and we have some of the best staff in sports already in place. Together, the legacy of the Penguins is sure to continue. Thank you so much for all of your support, and, as always, Let’s Go Pens.”

read the rest here https://www.wpxi.com/sports/nhl/pitt...BFSBN7DN5LYUI/