Thread: USFL begins first season: 5 new innovations you have to see

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

USFL begins first season: 5 new innovations you have to see

The United States Football League’s first season is kicking off and fans can expect some new innovative technologies to enhance the experience of watching the game on television.Daryl Johnston, the executive vice president of football operations for the USFL, touted some of the new things in an appearance on "Fox & Friends" earlier this week."We’re creating access for the view that’s unprecedented. And for me as a player, to be able to share some of these experiences with the fans – and that’s what they want to do, they want to be able to get close as they possibly can and all this technology is providing that," Johnston told "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade on Monday.

We’ve talked about video with a double sky cam, with some drones, the number of cameras that we got. But the one thing everybody was excited about last week was the audio. They got a steady cam where they’re walking right into the huddle so the camera angle from that shot is going to be like you as a viewer at home standing in the huddle with the quarterback."

With the New Jersey Generals and Birmingham Stallions set to play on Saturday night at 7:30, here’s a list of the five most interesting concepts that will debut in the USFL.-

1). Helmet cam........... read more @ USFL begins first season: 5 new innovations you have to see | Fox News

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

USFL begins first season: 5 new innovations you have to see

The NJ/Birm game last night was pretty good. Didn’t like the drone cams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: USFL begins first season: 5 new innovations you have to see

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The NJ/Birm game last night was pretty good. Didn’t like the drone cams though.
    How did the chips in the football work out?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watching the Stars/Breakers game and they just measured for a first down with the chips, cameras and whatnot and it was really cool how it came up and showed the ball was 8” short of the marker…and it was a lot faster.

I feel like the USFL is a much better product than the XFL…

Anyone else watch both?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I feel like the USFL is a much better product than the XFL…

Anyone else watch both?
    Personally I prefer the XFL. There were some really exciting endings to games this year. The whole play all games in Birmingham to an empty stadium was a huge turnoff for me last year. Hopefully they have fans at the local venues.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I’m more in the mood for football to continue in February than I am to pick it back up in May. At this point I’m watching the NBA playoffs and keeping one eye on baseball. I can wait till preseason at this point.